TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

So DJ Hero 2's online mode really pisses me off sometimes.

See, in the original game, you would only get paired up with someone that is playing on the same difficulty as you. This worked, but made it so that it was ridiculously difficult to get into a game.

The sequel, however, opened up online play and allows anybody of any difficulty to play anybody else. However, there's a fatal flaw in that. If you go into a star battle, where the song plays normally for both people and whoever ends up with the most stars/highest % wins. If somebody is on a lower difficulty and the other person is on Expert, the battle is completely rigged in favor of the lower difficulty. The same goes for DJ Battles and Checkpoint battles, where you just have to get a higher percentage of hits than the other person in individual sections of the song.

And seeing as almost nobody else plays the game on Expert (C'mon, it's not even that hard!), I constantly get stuck with people on Medium, then end up losing horribly to them due to how rigged the scoring is.

I can't believe Activision would put something like this in the gam--

Wait.

Activision. The company that doesn't give a flying sh*t about any of its franchises that don't have the words "Call", "Of" or "Duty" in the title.... I hate the gaming industry sometimes.

I am really having a tought time at work. In regards to confidentiality, and respect for the employer, I will withold names of people and the job, but There is just so many unethical things that have gone on with me personally, that I don't know what to do. So much has gone on for so long, and it's such a hostile work enviroment that I don't know what to do. Since my issue is with management, I feel I'm kinda helpless.

I sometimes get PISSED when classmates talk about Call of Duty all day long because in my opinion it SUCKS. What's the point of going around with weapons and shooting people? Sure, it may be better than all the others, but they're treating it like a godsend. Honestly, Cod B.O. sounds disgusting!

Sorry if I offended any gamers, but it's just my opinion.

I wish I had a place to talk about my ideas...I'm constantly coming up with new story ideas for books/movies (I do that), but I never have anyone who's willing to sit down and listen or even let me bounce ideas off of them for five minutes before they begin to ignore me. I know I should just write what's in my head, but I'm more an idea guy than someone who's able to accomplish anything.

Meh.

^ The best thing you can do is just write down synopses and a few lines, but somewhere like an idea journal or something, just to have them. It's not *too* much of an accomplishment, and it lets you throw all of your ideas in one place for good organization!

My rant: Now that I'm into college, I would totally not mind another Snowpocalypse/Snowmaggedon/Snowmyf&%$inggod, whatever you wish to call it, to cut down on me sitting around for a few more months. So I can sit around at home.

My drama teacher. He can be nice, but he likes to yell, throw chairs and tape measures, and threaten to break your arm!

Another thing that ticks me off are people who like to throw Bible verses at you when you're doing something wrong, or people that see how you dress and automatically think you worship Satan! How does a black t-shirt and jeans even look like what a stereotypical Satanist would wear?!?

^Then get off TPR and get to it

Anyway, it surprises me how many idiots can get their driver's license. There was an accident in front of my subdivision, and the officer signaled me to stop, so I did. I was about 100 ft from the accident, then all of a sudden an idiot decided to cut right in front of me.

When there are people stopped in the middle of the road due to an accident, you don't try to jump to the front, especially when cops are there.

I swear that this is possibly my favorite thread on any website anywhere.

I really should get back to preparing for the slow and painful death known as an AP Calculus midterm, but I just don't have the patience to reteach myself all of the tricks for solving limits that have since evaporated from my brain. I'd rather just solve some more definite integrals.

Stupid midterms.

^^ People's driving is often an extension of who they are. Rude people will drive...rudely. Stupid people will drive...stupidly. The thing is, if there were some kind of test that could weed out potentially bad drivers and deny them a license, would it surprise you if they drove anyway?

Eric

Good news: I got a job at my home park and might get to see some TPR members!

Bad news: My trip to Europe got cancelled.

Good news: I'm going to Atlanta and Toronto, which means possible trips to CW and SFOG with other TPR

members.

Bad news: There is a chance that I won't be able to visit CW and/or SFOG next year.

I'm looking forward to riding some good coasters next year! (and making some good trades)

I just told my mom I am an agnostic, but I am moving closer and closer to atheism, but because Ive grown in a Christian household it is weird to say I flat out dont bin God, but my heart tells me hes not there. My mom pretty much wont accept what I told her or is pretending to ignore it and I believe we are going to church tomorrow. Im not that upset really, cause I kind of get it, but it kind oif pisses me off knowing that because I have chosen a different path in life it makes her sad.

Oh well...

Trust me, I know what that's like (not parents, but brothers and sisters). Even if it does upset her, you need to remember that as much as they are your parents and you don't want to upset them, you do need to take a stand for what you believe in. And don't worry, it'll blow over eventually.

Rant: Dammit, 5:00 AM again and I'm still awake.