TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I got screwed at McDonalds the second time in a week!

Last time this dumb girl gives me a burger instead of Chicken McNuggets. And she didn't want to return it and give me my chickens.

So today I went back and I said that I wanted the Chicken McNuggets like 3 or 4 time. She gives me a hamburger again.

I hate stupid people!

Verizon wireless sucks. My phone konks out so I go to take it back only to wait 45 min. to have someone tell me I had to buy a new phone. 20 min. later still noone helps me out so i had to pull aside someone and ask if I could keep the number and they said no so after waiting an hour I got fed up and decided to leave. Screw Verizon

• 2 weeks later...

Okay. I recently saw Eragon and I feel that it was a load of crap. First of all, did anyone ACTUALLY READ THE BOOK?!?!? Saphira's egg is not an egg. It looks like a jellybean. What is up with the 30-second Saphira growth spurt? It is totally unrealistic and grounds for incineration, if I can find out where the director is. Angela was moved from Teirm (which was axed) to Daret (which is NOT in Palancar Valley). Also, Mr. Paolini's sister is probably apoplectic at the portrayal of her character. Eragon does not train in the art of the blade in the movie (budget? time? or simple tick-off-the-dragon urge?) nor does he learn much gramarye. They took out Solembum (a decision that will bite them in the third movie), took out Tromjheim, left out Dras-Leona, made too much of a fuss over Durza, killed the Ra'zac (which will bite them in the second movie), and ruined the second book. Furthermore, what the (expletive) is Durza riding on? When I saw that, I thought, "That is the stupidest-looking demon ever." And Eragon's voice drops a register out of nowhere. Eragon is played by a blond, for no reason. Arya (notice the lack of pointed ears) is a redhead, a far cry from the "raven tresses" that Paolini referred to. They forgot Isidar Mithrim, gave Saphira an adolescent voice, left out the dwarves, destroyed the pacing, and generally turned a good book into a load of drek that would make Brom spin in his crystal grave. The plot was crap, the acting was nonexistent, and the fight scenes were lame. In all, the people who created this monstrosity are now marked as dragon slayers and will be treated as such ("You are so asking for a Mind Crush.") The movie is to the book what White Canyon is to Balder: otensibly the same, but one is much worse. Iplan on venting at the slayers responsible, and then destroying them. Eragon is sacred to me, and the slayers took it and tore it up, burned the shreds, and threw the ashes at Paolini himself. Don't waste your money. Go see the Demented Cartoon Movie instead. It is a lot more entertaining, and it is free.

Wasn't this thread a sticky at one point?

Yup. Basically there were just too many stickies and some of the threads hadn't been responded to in about a week.

Basically, if you all want to keep the rant thread on the top of the list, keep responding to it!

Pretty much the same as being stickied.

And if it's not at the top of the list, and you want to rant, there's always the search!

--Robb

Okay. I recently saw Eragon and I feel that it was a load of crap. First of all, did anyone ACTUALLY READ THE BOOK?!?!? Saphira's egg is not an egg. It looks like a jellybean.
seriousley dude I felt the exact same way. I kept on cracking jelly bean and jelly bean monster (refering to the dragon) jokes through out the entire thing. It helped me maintian my sanity through this peice of crap.

Road-Related Pet Peeves:

1) Those guys that come up on your a$$ in the fast lane when you're doing say 80. You move out of the way, and then they slow down to 75. I get that ALL the time.

2) Old men in large cars that refuse to vacate the fast lane on 2-lane highways when there is no room to pass on the right. I get that one all the time on I-71 between Cincy and Columbus.

3) Those idiots that insist on doing 90 when the roads have snow/ice on them. I laugh at you when I see you on the side of the road a few miles down. That haste was so worth it, right?

4) Semi drivers that think it's funny to trap you on all sides, leaving you stuck between 3 semis for 10 miles.

5) That guy that doesn't notice the light change to green because he's on his phone, but finally goes through the intersection with just enough time for him to make it through, leaving you stuck at the red light again. Thanks!

1) Those guys that come up on your a$$ in the fast lane when you're doing say 80. You move out of the way, and then they slow down to 75. I get that ALL the time.

I hate that too. My policy is if I'm doing more than 10 over, they can go around me if they really want to. I also hate people "only" doing the limit in the left-lane of a multi-lane highway when there is no reasonable excuse like weather or traffic..

I also loathe calling customer service of any kind, and finally did so tonight. TV repairman is coming in a few days, if I'm lucky I might have a tv again by the end of the week.

I hate that too. My policy is if I'm doing more than 10 over, they can go around me if they really want to. I also hate people "only" doing the limit in the left-lane of a multi-lane highway when there is no reasonable excuse like weather or traffic..

I always move over and let those people pass. Even with the possible irritation of them slowing down, I'd rather have them get the speeding ticket than me.

A little update on my above post:

Kristi's Dad passed away at 1:44 this morning. He was surrounded by myself, Kristi and my Mother In-Law.

I guess the good thing is that he didn't suffer in his passing and that he's no longer in pain. He's in a much better place and that's something we can be thankful for.

What annoys me are the hypocrites at my school. especially the ones that are popular but no one knows the real truth about them and your the only one that knows that they are hypocrites and you cant do anything about it because you dont know how the situation will end up if you tell everyone and you fear that it will end in a bad thing that will hurt you more then help you get rid of that hypocritical popular person. that just annoys me to the max.

A little update on my above post:

Kristi's Dad passed away at 1:44 this morning. He was surrounded by myself, Kristi and my Mother In-Law.

I guess the good thing is that he didn't suffer in his passing and that he's no longer in pain. He's in a much better place and that's something we can be thankful for.

I'm sorry to hear about her dad, i'll pray for you both. Glad he didn't suffer though.