TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

The gourmet veggie pizza at Papa Murphey's is really good, but the garlic butter ALWAYS makes the crust soggy. So when you pick up a piece, your hands are all greasy and the piece has already fallen apart!

Also, when I was in third grade, my friends told me that if you got up at three in the morning and stuck your hands in ice cold water, they'd glow. Can you believe that? Glowing hands! So I was gullable (sp?) enough to do it... of course it didn't work. I was really sad then.

EDIT:

I have ANOTHER ONE!

I have a cool panoramic roller coaster calendar and I want to change the page, but NO... there has to be ONE MORE DAY in July... I can't just change it to August, because then I won't know that it's still July.

I got rear-ended Sunday evening. No body damage, but my exhaust system got knocked loose.

I was trimming my hedges yesterday and sliced the electric cord. Then I had to go to Home Depot and get a new cord so I could finish the job!

Eric

I hate when you go shopping, find something really cool...then you cant find your size.

Or when you see something you really want but want to wait for it to go on sale, then when it finally does, they run out of your size or you are broke...

Maybe that doesn't happen to guys a lot?

I was trimming my hedges yesterday and sliced the electric cord. Then I had to go to Home Depot and get a new cord so I could finish the job!

lol I did that when I was a teenager.

My parents never asked me to trim the hedges again.

OK, I've not had a rant on here in a long time, but by God I've got something to rant about now.

I met a really nice girl on Friday in Sheffield, we texted each other all over the weekend, met up on Monday amnd had a really good time. I stayed at hers that night, and left for home the next day. She then said that she was going down to a show in Leicester the next day, which I probably would not have gone to if she was not going. But she didn't text me all day to organise what was going on and where to meet up, and I made a lot of effort to get down there - it's 100 miles from Manchester.

And as I expected, she wasn't there. The gig wasn't amazing, although the last band on were really really good. So it wasn't a lost cause going down there overall, but I just feel really stupid being played for a fool like that. I really hope that there is a good reason why she couldn't come, and if so I hope she will let me know, because that's only fair

So that's my rant. And I'm glad I've said all that, because being let down by people I thought I could trust is not something that I take lightly. I'm no saint myself, but I do try to explain my actions if something like that happens and I will be honest.

Luckily, I drove back to Manchester fast enough so that I could get to my local hangout and have a really good night with good friends. I'm just disappointed that I couldn't have been there sooner. But I've certainly found out who my friends are.

i hate my job. i sit in a 100 degree kitchen scraping the spit off of dishes with my bare hands while making barely minimum wage for 8-9 hours straight. when i'm not doing that i'm stuck in a corner of the kitchen and forced to create pizza, whilst having 430 degrees of heat blowing in my face. i've been doing this for 4 years now, and it sucks worse than anything i've ever experienced.

^Your job sucks...dude...you haven't seen nothing yet. My job is ridiculous...I'm the desk seargent for security at my college campus. I get paid decent ($9.50/8 hours/5 days a week) But the s**t that goes on here just isn't worth it. First, my supervisor is a power-happy racist...they blame any and every little thing on you, the'll cut your hours down without even talking to you about it. I got the third-degree today by the founder of the security company I work for...For something that had nothing to do with me at all. I was ready to quite today. I'm still pissed, but oh well...