TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

I can't stand when you're trying to make a statement and then someone blabs in the middle of your sentence and yaps on for 20 minutes and changes the topic during that time and you never got to make your statement. My uncle LOVES doing that.

Also when you are recording or taking pictures of YOURSELF, and other people get in the way and start b*tching about THEIR privacy or some other unknown reason that you weren't even intending to record but then they get in the way seemingly to have a reason for them to make YOU put it away. And I'm not talking about on rides (I understand the reason for that, in some cases anyway) but in general. Like I always liked making recordings of my cousin Courtney and I (she is perfectly fine with it) and in 2010 we were at McDonald's recording us playing with a bunch of happy meal toys when the manager came out and started yelling at us about employee privacy, and we weren't even recording past our table. And the manager knew that and threatened to kick us out anyway.

Dear students:

Don't start 6-page papers at midnight the evening before they are due. You may not want to write it, but you will HATE yourself if you give in to the temptation and procrastinate.

Sincerely,

Someone who waited until the last night to write a 6-page paper, who takes the blame 100%.

Hey, Firestone, thanks for not doing the repair that I went in for, substituting it with a more expensive repair that I didn't ask for, trying to upsell me a ton of expensive **** (that I didn't accept), and doing such a bad job that the car became unsafe to drive and I had to tow it to my regular mechanic's to get them to clean up your mess. If you don't revoke the charges on the card, I'm calling corporate and going out of my way to be such a pain that they wipe the charges just to shut me up.

The freakin' IRS has not sent me my tax return check, and it has been almost TWO MONTHS. I call them and it's a machine that throws me in a circle, telling me to call the number that I'm currently on the phone with. There's practically NO WAY to contact them and actually speak to a real person. I hate the US government so much. When you owe them money, they garnish your wages or do whatever it takes to get their money from you, but when THEY owe YOU, they'll pay you when they're good and ready if not at all... I swear I'm going to move somewhere in the UK.

The freakin' IRS has not sent me my tax return check, and it has been almost TWO MONTHS. I call them and it's a machine that throws me in a circle, telling me to call the number that I'm currently on the phone with. There's practically NO WAY to contact them and actually speak to a real person. I hate the US government so much. When you owe them money, they garnish your wages or do whatever it takes to get their money from you, but when THEY owe YOU, they'll pay you when they're good and ready if not at all... I swear I'm going to move somewhere in the UK.

This exact same thing happened to my mother. Now I think they just want to steal our money.

This exact same thing happened to my mother. Now I think they just want to steal our money.

I saw on the news this morning that a lot of people are going through this. They say the reason we can't talk to an actual person is because of budget cuts. What a bunch of bull.

My wind ensemble director.

He tells me that we will be playing this very emotional, deep, meaningful piece (Watchman, Tell Us of the Night by Mark Camphouse, it's about the survivors of child abuse). I play the euphonium (for those of you who don't know what it is, just consider it a tuba). I suggest you listen to the piece on YouTube, it is gorgeous. Truly phenomenal work.

I have been playing piano for 10 years (longer than euphonium). I LOVE it when I get opportunities to play piano in my wind ensemble. And since I really like this piece, my director said I can play piano for it. I was THRILLED.

But no, we haven't rehearsed it in several weeks, and he hasn't said anything about playing it at any upcoming concerts (only one more left before the end of the school year), so there is a 99.99% chance we aren't playing that song. So I went home and practiced this song, learned all of the emotional and musical connections, only to find out that we canned the idea.

So disappointing. It'd be nice if he at least told us what we are doing rather than leave us hanging. Oh, and this exact same scenario happened last school year as well.

Pretty frustrating. Pretty. Frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...

Great. They're filming a Lululemon commercial on our entire block, so

all cars have to be off our block after 0800 Saturday morning. It's a four

hour shoot, and everything is finished by noon.

Not really a RANT - more of an annoyance, really.

And no Celebrities doing the commercial, either.

When sales assistants only just barely acknowledge you!

So walk down queue aisle and I get to the front. There was no queue but 4 cashiers with 4 sales assistants, all of whom (except one who was already serving someone) ignore me. I stand there while the 3 assistants chat to each other. Then after a few moments one finally acknowledge my existence and waves me over. I walk over, give her my items and then she carries on her conversation with her two other co-workers while scanning my items (all while ignoring me).

While scanning she's chatting with the other cashiers. Now, I had my card in my hand and the card reader had flashed up to say "please insert card" but i was purposely ignoring it just to see how long it would take. While still chatting about doing first aid training (of all things) and a couple of cursory glances at the screen she finally looks down at the card reader and says "insert your card". She never looked at me once.

I pay for my items, she puts the receipt in the bag (of course while telling everyone how she could perform first aid on any of them and save their LIVES) she literally shoves the bag across the counter without ever looking at me.

OK i feel better after that rant. I mean I'm not asking much. I don't really want a full on conversation but a friendly smile and some verbal communication would be nice!!!

I am having the worst (actually self-inflicted) "luck" with "terrible things I've written that other humans have unfortunately seen" today. The first thing I just want to mention vaguely so maybe my ranting will help me calm down about it, since it will be a few days before I see any fallout. Hopefully I'm being overly sensitive and no one will really care. The other thing actually involves TPR. I was searching for an old post and somehow came across one of my worst posts ever that I'd deluded myself into thinking someone had been kind enough to delete! Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...