TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The "Rant" Thread

robbalvey

One of my favorite places in California has officially closed because of polluting littering assholes. They had to take one of the greatest natural parks and destroy it with beer bottles, cigarette butts, fast food wrappers, and all sorts of other disgusting sh*t. And now the place has closed for good and I'll never get to go again because of the polluting f*cktards. I hate humanity.

Edited by XII

Something that annoys me is people that abuse or look down to animals.. "Oh it's just an animal" Well I'm sure most higher animals can feel just as much pain as a human can. What's even worse is how hypocritical people can be. If it's some kind of pet, people look to it as a "member of the family" and make sure it gets all it's nutritional needs, take to a vet, and take care of it and everything. Yet, when we're talking about cows or chickens or some other non-pet animal, people don't seem to care. What really IS the difference between a dog and a cow? They're both mammals and I'm sure they both feel pain when no taken care of. Yet one is slaughtered after living a miserable life and one is taken care of. I know this is a very weird topic in a thread like this and most of you will probably disagree with me, and I'm sure I'm guilty of most of the things I mentioned above, but It's just someting I've been thinking about and doesn't make sense to me.

I totally agree with this, one other thing that annoys me is deforestation because we need tree's to live and cutting down a ton in one area just ruins the environment for less important things.

^ that's just wrong!

^You mean going from 85 to 39 isn't normal!?!?

Nope, and you think by now we could handle "not normal" anything!

That is an amazing jump! We went from a high of 70 to a high of 45 and I thought that was bad!

The CityBus system is all jacked up today, busses are stacking and not leaving on time, so now I have to walk a mile and a half (one way) to the engineering buildings, when it's 8 degrees, 20mph wind, and high humidity. Oh, and yesterday there was no heat or hot water on campus. That was fun.

"This is not a programming class. It is a computer architecture class."

Gee, professor, that sounds like an interesting class. Too bad you've just been having us figure out x86 Assembly code for ourselves and write programs in it for this ENTIRE COURSE SO FAR.

People still use that?

• 2 weeks later...
One of my favorite places in California has officially closed because of polluting littering assholes. They had to take one of the greatest natural parks and destroy it with beer bottles, cigarette butts, fast food wrappers, and all sorts of other disgusting sh*t. And now the place has closed for good and I'll never get to go again because of the polluting f*cktards. I hate humanity.

That sucks! Which park was that? Was it a state park?

"This is not a programming class. It is a computer architecture class."

Gee, professor, that sounds like an interesting class. Too bad you've just been having us figure out x86 Assembly code for ourselves and write programs in it for this ENTIRE COURSE SO FAR.

People still use that?

Nope. But we're learning it anyway.

I mean, I can understand the reasoning in teaching it in one of the earliest CSc courses. It gives a really important, deep understanding of what high-level code like Java is doing within the machine. It demystifies the very basics, I suppose. But that doesn't change the fact that the language is 100% outdated, and we will never write in it again after the class.

What really annoys me is homework. I spend 7 hours at school and then I have to spend another hour doing homework right when I feel like doing other things. I would complain about my teacher too since there is probably nobody in my school that goes on tpr.

What really annoys me is homework. I spend 7 hours at school and then I have to spend another hour doing homework right when I feel like doing other things. I would complain about my teacher too since there is probably nobody in my school that goes on tpr.

Unless you're in a magnet middle school that teaches Algebra 1 and has a teacher that assigns project after project, I don't see a problem. One hour is nothing, really.

I really hate those people on TRP who post just for the sake of posting. I'm sure all of you are guilty of this, but there are just these some users that clog those forum games and such.

The morning package handler trainer at my job can chug a dick. All he ever does is walk around annoying people. Every once in a very rare while, you MIGHT see him pull a cart full of incompatibles and hazmats over to the loading area, but other than that, he's a waste of a payroll slot; it's only fitting that most of the package handlers in the morning are mouthbreathing imbeciles who are worth absolutely nothing, as they're being trained by an even bigger idiot. Stop ****ing telling me what to do, you elf-looking geriatric moron; you have no authority, your commands are worthless (and often run contrary to company policy), and I work a million times harder than you ever will and contribute more than you could possibly fathom. This isn't blowing smoke, either; it's basically common knowledge at this point that without the night shift helping out in the morning, no obligations would be met. The other managers hate you and wonder why you're even here half the time, and threatening disciplinary action against the good employees who tell you to **** off is equally worthless because they cannot afford to lose anyone who is actually pulling their weight. Piss off.

Although this is minor, I don't like it when people can't understand Gatekeeper's theme and how it makes sense. It's a Griffon, and it guards the front gate like a Griffon would guard Mt. Olympus in Greek Mythology. I hate when people say it's just a bird that flies over the front gate. The theme makes PERFECT sense! Not everyone is a Mythology nerd though.......

I don't care how it ends up, I'm not riding or counting those

coaster/ring of fire hybrids going up in a few Six Flags parks.

I mean, c'mon. It's a Ring of Fire. Just taller. And (sort of) themed.