TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What is the most random thing you've encountered at a park?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the same bootleg Weezer shirt as the pics from the first post.

Most random that happened to me was at Cedar Point the year Dragster first opened. We were walking past the ride, which had a line along the fence next to the launch track (the ride was down), when someone randomly yelled "Nice Shirt!" to me.

Turns out it was a friend that I talked to online from a now closed coaster site. We had never met before that, and the only reason he knew it was me is because I had told him about the shirt online and I guess he had never seen anyone else wearing it (to be fair, I haven't seen anyone else wearing it either). The front says "Christina Sucks' and the back "Brittany Swallows." Me and him had no idea that either of us were going to be at the park that day; we just randomly ran into each other.

Me and him are still good friends to this day and see each other about once a year at CP, or get together for road trips.

I'm still pretty good friends with most of the people I've met off that site.

On two separate TPR trips, in front of two different GCI's we've seen someone Weave having been blown off. I have pictures, and we even made a little song:

"Put your lapbar on my hip

and you're weave you're weave will rip!"

D

In 2005 when I was working Magnum, I was doing a track walk (Where you look for items that people have lost while on the ride) and as soon as I had stepped uner the turn around I heard Dragster launch. I turned to watch it, and I notice something fly off the top of the hill. I stared at it for a little while until I noticed that it was kinda floating, and coming my way. I watched it float down ight to the area I was in, and it was a guys hair piece. Gross.

I have too many park stories, most of which I can't share but if I think of any others, I'll share em.

I remember...

The first time I ran into Push the Talking Trash Can at Walt Disney World, I figuratively wet my pants. It was the most creepy yet wickedly awesome experience I have ever had at a theme park.

1. When I was fourteen I was riding Cedar Point's Blue Streak. Next to me was my best friend, in front of our row in the car was my sister and one of her buddies, and behind my friend and I were my Mom and Dad. The train leaped down the first hill like normal, but as it bottomed to the first valley, something whipped over my sister's head, as well as my own. It was gray, and the rest of the ride was normal.

When we exited the ride, after the riders being welcomed back and then telling the ride ops how our ride was, a really rude woman pushed through our group. My Dad took after her like he was mad she touched his shoulder or kids or something. He caught her just before the ride op, and held up a gray purse. He said: "Ma'am, I caught your bag."

She was delighted, and I got one more reason to think my Dad was super rad, he can catch random stuff thrown from a coaster.

2. A preface: I have a ton of tattoos and really, really big ear piercings. Most people that hate this are at least quiet about how gross I look.

Last year, at Hershey Park's "Spring in the Park" event, a young woman was passing a friend and I as we rounded each lap in the derby to ride The Great Bear. When the line reached its splitter moment, the young woman in question held her phone to my face, took a picture of my big old ear, and said to her friend, "that's fucking disgusting." I said, "did you just take a picture of me?" And she turned away and I moved with the line. That was the apex of a really rotten trip to Pennsylvania.

^ I had a similar experience on Magnum this summer, I was in the middle seat of the last car and when we hit the bunny hill towards the end of the ride. So when we got to the hill with the camera I felt something hit my palm (My arms were up) so as a reaction I clenched my fingers to grab what ever it was. Well when we reached the first set of breaks I looked at what I had grabbed and it was someones sunglasses. When we got back to the station I announced to the whole train "Anyone lose some glasses" and a woman that was in the first car responded. She approached me at the exit to the station and thanked me for having a great catch.

After that I looked at my on-ride photo and it showed me catching the glasses (still wish I would have got the photo).

Years ago at Six Flags Great America I was riding Raging Bull and my friends and I were in the 3rd or 4th row and the guy in the front seat was wearing a bandana. First drop it flies off and over our heads, when we returned to the station some guy walks up that was sitting in the back and hands the guy his bandana back. It was cool.

1. Over Labor Day weekend at Kings Island this year, my group and I were walking under the Racer after riding Flight of Fear and a $20 bill fell down from the ride and one my friends grabbed it.

2. My mom and I were riding the Blue Streak at CP and there was a seagull right on the handrail to the side. It was startled by the train and it flew in my direction; it barely missed me!

Oh, this is easy. Seeing EMMANUEL LEWIS at Dixieland while we were there with TPR. Yes, random Emmanuel Lewis in the middle of Alabama. My husband and I were both shocked and delighted.

Wow nice spot, I wouldn't have recognised a grown-up Emmanuel, or did he grow up? I was so hung over that day I would have missed Mick Jagger.

Most random: this girl sat next to me, front row of raptor, and didn't say hi. She just went "are you one of those coaster freaks?" I said no, and she just kept following me around the park. Turns out she was from Austria on a foriegn exchange program and had been spending the summer interning for Hillary Clinton (she didn't have anything good to say about Hillary and was glad to have parted ways with her). She was all on her lonesome because all the Democrats she came with wouldn't even leave Hotel Breakers, they were all in the pool.

^ Which head was it that was inside? It was ok that one head was just hanging off the side of the train without touching the headrest? Please keep "hands and feet and heads" inside the train at all times.

When I was working at Playland this year, I was walking around sweeping and I overheard (wasn't intentional) these people in their 40's talking about "roller coaster clubs". All I remembered was them saying something like "there's these people who go around to different parks and try and ride all the rollercoasters they can". Let's just say I can't really describe how I felt in that situation.

I was sweeping the queue of Bizarro at Six Flags New England once. There's a part of the layout that passes over the queue when I notice something flutter off of a passing train. When I inspected to see what it was, it was a wallet. Immediately, I went to the locker station and called the operator telling her, "if anybody lost a wallet, I got it." It went through a few people before it went back into the owner's hands. I never got to meet the guy, but a 'thank you' was passed through the same people. (it's not my strangest incident, but it's one of the few I can talk about)

Last year at Phoenix Phall Phunfest, someone brought their pet skunk with them. (No, it didn't ride Phoenix.) Knoebels allows pets in the park, but usually it's just dogs. This was the same year that a group of guys entered the costume parade all dressed like Dick Knoebel.

Best non-Knoebels moment: A few years ago on Phantom's Revenge, someone found a baggie of weed that a previous rider had lost on the train.

Last year at Phoenix Phall Phunfest, someone brought their pet skunk with them. (No, it didn't ride Phoenix.) Knoebels allows pets in the park, but usually it's just dogs. This was the same year that a group of guys entered the costume parade all dressed like Dick Knoebel.

Best non-Knoebels moment: A few years ago on Phantom's Revenge, someone found a baggie of weed that a previous rider had lost on the train.

You do seem to see a lot of strange things happen at Kennywood these days. A few years ago there was an incident with Kenny Kangaroo, but all the witnesses were told "it never happened" by park management.