TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Last concert you attended?

BeemerBoy

The Rock n' Worship Roadshow in Sacramento on Saturday! I almost didn't go but I'm glad I did. MercyMe, Tenth Avenue North, Hawk Nelson (one of their last concerts with current lead singer), Lecrae, a few others, and Disciple! MercyMe was really good and powerful. Disciple's tour bus broke down on the way but they finally made it and MercyMe let Disciple go after them, so Disciple was last!

Here's the crowd cam!

It was really awesome, I jumped and screamed so much I could hardly breathe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Machinedrum and SBTRKT (two insanely good electronic artists) last Tuesday, and both of their sets killed.

I got there half an hour early, because I have horrible timing, but was shocked and saddened to see that there were (literally) three people in the room when Machinedrum started his set, including me. Two other guys came in when the music got loud, and they started dancing like crazy, which made everything much more fun! By the end of his set (which lasted over an hour!), there were 50-60 people in the room, a much better number to end with. Of course, all of the drunk frat guys and sorostitutes showed up for SBTRKT (completely missing Machinedrum), which isn't a bad thing, but I felt so bad for Machine. He's so talented, and he was actually the reason I went to the show in the first place, but that's a different rant for a different day. Long story short, SBTRKT was crazy good, but they played all of the songs I wanted to hear in the first 30 minutes, so I left early. That, and someone in the middle of the crowd lit up a blunt or something, and I hate the smell of weed.

Anyways, the show was fantastic; I definitely need to see Machinedrum again before too long.

The Georgia Theatre, a great place made greater after the fire a few years ago.

Machinedrum doing his thang. I swear, the entire building was shaking for an hour. His new EPROM remix is killer, by the way.

SBTRKT being generally awesome. Sampha is a phenomenal singer.

So, my next concert was going to be Real Estate, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to sell my ticket. It's looking to be that my next concert will either be the Reptar album release show later this month (if you haven't heard of them, check 'em out!), or the Beach House show in May.

Just got back to my dorm from the Real Estate show, which I was able to go to after all! The opening band, Folklore, was alright, but not really my cup of tea. Next to play was Twerps, and they were a lot of fun! But, of course, Real Estate stole the show for everyone. They even played my two favorite songs of theirs back to back! Great guys, great music, and great stage presence. I'm going to be feeling it tomorrow morning.

In an effort to feel like I was in high school again, I went to go see Planet Smashers in Toronto on Friday. The last time I saw them was in 2003, so it had definitely been a while. They still put on a great show, and it was nice to see live ska for the first time in almost a decade. Supporting them was some random Toronto band, Beat Down and Big D and the Kids Table. Big D is another one of those bands I loved back in the day and haven't seen in a very very long time.

All in all, it was a great show with a really excited crowd.

Here's a video of Big D and the Kids Table performing

My next concert will be Gogol Bordello at the end of May. That's going to kick some serious ass.

Had a pretty enjoyable last weekend. Thursday night, headed out to the Troubadour to see Porcelain Raft and Youth Lagoon. Both were absolutely brilliant and I was shocked at how fantastic Youth Lagoon is live. The following morning, I woke up and drove straight to Indio for Coachella for the next three days which was great. It was my third year of Coachella and probably the best.

Highlights:

- Dead-center rail for WU LYF

- Dancing onstage at Machinedrum's set

- Grooving at an empty Modeselektor set to close out my weekend.

Other notable acts indcluded: Jeff Mangum, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Metronomy, Real Estate, SBTRKT, Oberhofer.

The next five gigs I will be attending:

Electric Flower @ The Echo 4/21 (leaving now, hopefully don't miss their set)

Metronomy/Ben Browning @ El Rey 5/3

Edward Sharpe @ Greek Theater 5/4

Washed Out @ The Fonda 5/5

The Wombats @ El Rey 5/8

Also just copped a pair of Sigur Ros tickets at Hollywood Forever. Very much looking forward to that.

Went to Coachella weekend 1 a couple weeks ago. Blew my mind! Car camped with a few friends as well and so much more of an experience doing that versus previous times when we just stayed at a hotel. So many great performances, but my favs would def have to be Dre & Snoop by a million miles and then Flying Lotus, Bon Iver, Radiohead, Kaskade, DJ Shadow, and Beats Antique in no particular order.

Next up.... Roger Waters performing The Wall live at the LA Coliseum!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Last night in Baltimore was:

Rhapsody Of Fire

Voyager

A Sound Of Thunder

Never saw ASOT before, but they were pretty good. The singer looks like Elissa!

Voyager are gods. They played ProgPower last year, and this is their first time touring anywhere in the US. These Australian maniacs actually rented a RV and drove it from CA to NJ! Anyway, their show was as awesome as always. Any band that plays "Kung Fu Fighting" rules.

I'm not a Rhapsody fan, so we gave them the "three song tryout" and then all decided to leave. Deena, who knew none of these bands before the show, said about Rhapsody "weren't they just playing the same song over and over?" This is one of the many reasons she rules...

dt

I saw the watch the throne tour in London last week and it was awesome! I wasn't sure what the crowd was going to be like since I've only really done "rock" gigs, but I had a great time.

Coldplay on Friday and Blink in a couple of weeks, I can't wait!

• 4 weeks later...

^You mean Roger Water's version of Pink Floyd's: 'The Wall' ?

I just went and saw it last night and have to say that even though I went and saw it two years ago, it still blew my f%cking pants off & I'll never miss another one if he keeps doing the tours. The lighting and special effects were different this time around - and you still got the pig, the marching hammers and of course...the teacher!

We paid $115 per ticket to get awesome seats in the 200 level. The bar and bathrooms were close and the seats were comfy. I'll never go back to the peasant section for concerts or Sabres games at First Niagara Arena ever again!

Went to see Trombone Shorty and Orleans Avenue as part of the Toronto Jazz Festival last night. It was one of the best concerts I've been to. The venue was jumping the whole night with both the band and the crowd feeding into each other. They played a killer version of "On the Sunny Side of the Street" where the lead instrumentalist holds a sustained note on the trumpet for a solid 3 minutes. Seriously awesome stuff.

Here's a video from the show.

Next up is Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow and Tyr in late August.

I LOVE Keane! I've seen them live twice (once for the Hopes&Fears tour... and again for Under the Iron Sea)...

Going to see the Toadies (who are AMAZING live) at the end of July at HoB Orlando.. anybody who has a chance to see them, should most certainly do so! This will be my 3rd time catching them live!

Edited by Maximo37