TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magic Mountain, please get this flatride!

I always read that you can not marked flatrides at themeparks, might be true, but check out the video I made while on a fair in Frankfurt/Germany, with a little theatrics, music, dj interacting with the riders, a simple(honestly not to thrilling) ride can be a very amazing attraction.

Now imagine this ride at the Gotham City part of Magic Mountain, heck, call it Gothemnater by all means, it would not only be a big draw, but would also have people who are to scared to ride just watch in aww and enjoy the show

Plus a 7+min ridecycle aint to bad either

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've been on this ride. To be honest, it's a lot more intense LOOKING than it rides. It was a fun flat ride, don't get me wrong, but your average Huss Frisbee set to a good program is more exciting.

--Robb

I've been on a Move-it 24 (The smaller single arm version of this) and Robb's right, it's not nearly as bad as it looks, I love the ride, but there are plenty if other rides that can do more.

And not being able to market a flat ride is complete BULL, just saying.

Any flatride spiced up with music and lighting effects should be a must with any theme park. It enhances the ride that much more. Look at the former Spongebob's Boatmobiles (now Peanuts Pirates) at CGA, which is a simple family breakdance ride. Fun ride by the way. Now, Santa Cruz Boardwalk has the same make and model of the ride but is planted indoors with music and dramatic lighting effects...I'm sure you guys saw the Wipeout ride. The music and lighting does a lot to the same kind of ride running a pretty similar program. Six Flags parks seem to be adding some effects on coasters and stuff but I really think these effects seem better suited for flat rides as the effect's not a 1-shot deal. It's on-going as you are in 1 general area, not quickly zooming by.

Turn something as simple as this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5q0ygwcHmc

And with a little extras, you get this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVn0r-HK4qI

And something like SCBB's Wipeout can probably easily be worthy of marketing.

Magic mountain can't even get a tilt a whirl. What makes you think they are going to get one of these?

Correction, Magic Mountain got rid of their tilt a whirl, which i would prefer that to this. Actually I would prefer to see them bring back the crazy barrels, probably would sell more beer if they did.

There is still a market for flat rides, it's just now in the days of building "bigger bigger bigger" parks think they need a massive ride like a 300 foot Starflyer or a giant Frisbee. (which come with $8 Million Price tags)

With the right marketing, you can easily build a Top Spin or Disk-o. Many small parks and even some Large parks have been successful with that

Or, you do what Dollywood and Silver Dollar City did and build a new area with about 5-7 flats around a theme.

^

@Angry_Gumball

Actually the Boardwalk had theirs before Great America got their gay Spongebob one. The one at the Boardwalk was outside before and went by the name "WhirlWind". A few years back they brought it inside and douced it up with lights and catchy music and called it Wipe-Out

Why is it playing the Jurassic Park music in a transformers flat?

I don't know if I could handle that one, I'd probably get really sick... It still looks fun, though.

Maybe because it's the Star Wars theme? At least fits a bit better than Jurassic Park.

Anyways, this is pretty similar to the old ride at Grand Prix down in Myrtle Beach, plus the extra spinning of the surrounding support. I would love it!

I've been on this ride. To be honest, it's a lot more intense LOOKING than it rides. It was a fun flat ride, don't get me wrong, but your average Huss Frisbee set to a good program is more exciting.

--Robb

Fact.

These rides are really common in Germany's fairs. I've ridden my share of them. They are really great rides, but they don't have as much forces as it seems. If you like going upside down a lot, than this is a good ride for you, but that is pretty much all they are. Not OMFG intense flipping.

--James

Why is it playing the Jurassic Park music in a transformers flat?

I don't know if I could handle that one, I'd probably get really sick... It still looks fun, though.

Maybe because it's the Star Wars theme? At least fits a bit better than Jurassic Park.

Anyways, this is pretty similar to the old ride at Grand Prix down in Myrtle Beach, plus the extra spinning of the surrounding support. I would love it!

Oh god I feel stupid.

^I've heard absolutely frightening reports on how painful Spin-Outs are, but I enjoyed the one I rode. I found it very intense, but not quite enough to qualify as a top favorite. I actually prefer well-run Afterburners, even though they don't invert.

Just looking at Magic Mountain, what I think that you guys need most is a drop tower since you haven't had one since the Freefall left. Just going off the top of my head, but Six Flags Magic Mountain has to be one of the only Six Flags parks lacking a drop tower (I know Great Adventure is missing one too).

I don't care if this thing isn't that intense, with the fog, lighting, music, and other special effects, I want one. I will now commence to clear a space in my backyard and put one on order. I don't care if I'm the only one who will ride the thing, or, if it drains the powergrid. I want one. (I'm about ready to break out in willy wonka song and dance, I want it now, lol) I think would even go out at night and fire that baby up just to watch it in action.