TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

This coasters is going into the X-Sector, the color scheme of the whole area is black and gray. Remember how out of place all that Fanta crap looked around Oblivion? I personally think the colors are fine for the ride's placement in the park

Are we really still taking it this far when it's just a piece of CONCEPT Art. Honestly people are looking into this way too much. So what if the track looks like Maurer's in the sketch? The preview for Divertical on Mirabilandia's site had Vekoma track. Does that make it a Vekoma? The picture also had a real speedboat, so does that mean the ride will be in a real speedboat? No.

CONCEPT Art is called CONCEPT art for a reason...it's a CONCEPT, not the real thing.

/EndRant

PS: The layout, from what I can tell looks quite good.

^ Its not concept art.....its the official submitted plans to the local planning office, if it has tubular track in the plans, it will have tubular track in reality, just take a look at the Swarm plans, identical to reality, things work a bit differently in Uk then in USA, we have to issue plans that then become available for the public to see.

Those are the official plans I think you will find!

Concept art comes a lot later on after they begin to promote the ride.

From what I have heard from a few trusted sources there are multiple launch sections throughout the ride.

I think this coaster is going to be wicked, definitely looking to be the most insane addition we have had since Blivvy .

Lay-out looks good Love it.

From what I have heard from a few trusted sources there are multiple launch sections throughout the ride.

Sounds good, but to be honest I have my doubts about it. I can't see where multiple launches should be placed. I can guess where one will be but one before that one can't be easily done or the first climb will be a launch, that hope so but i don't think it will happen. Where I think one of the launches will be placed is in front of the vertical climb, the second time you reach the highest point of the ride, after that i think it's a bit too excessive. This is why I have my doubts about multiple launches.

P.S. Is there anyone who can tell me the name of the first inversion? I can't figure it out. I call it now the Reverse Cuban Eight because it looks like a Bent Cuban Eight but you travel trough it reversed and it don't have a bent in it. (I really want to know this, I've searched and searched but couldn't find it myself.)

I think a big part of the dull color choices at Alton is so the roller coasters are not nearly as visible from outside of the park - If the bitchy neighbors think they can see track they raise hell -

Can't stand those people. If you're gunna live near a theme park, be prepared to see a freaking roller coaster! If it weren't for those [insert a million swearwords here] neighbours Alton Towers would probably have a hyper coaster by now!

Then again, if it werent for the strict height requirements, Nemesis would probably have been built as a normal invert. Still would've been fun, but I doubt it would've had all the trenches.

From the Facebook page:

It seems that the world's first might be that this coaster will be a racing coaster with only one track; you will first race the train ahead of you, then you will take the vertical lift and begin racing again but with the car behind you.

It sounds like a neat idea, and the layout looks fun. I'm looking forward to riding this thing.

What about this. Vertical launch that was originally for the Dark Forest...

Vertical launch = Worlds first

This seems plausible to me. Wicked technically has a vertical launch but it launches before, and there are some LSMs on the tower. If this brings us to a halt while facing vertical and then launches up, I think they could count it as the worlds first vertical launch.

Would this be the first layout to combine a Batwing and Cobra Roll in the same ride?

I think I see a sea serpent in there too!

I think we can say there are 4 elements who contain 8 inversions thats something unique. Maybe this is whats gonna make it a world first: Words first coaster that only contains double inversions. I'm wondering what type it's gonna be but Alton Towers knowing it's gonna be awesome.

It will be a Gertslauer without doubt. The world's first element will be something they can hook on, so nothing too complicated to say in a single sentence.

But nothing points to Gerstlauer other than that single, two sentence comment. That little remark also says there is a beyond vertical drop, which there obviously isn't. This is definitely not a euro-fighter.

I would say that the beyond vertical drop will be inside and be similar to the first indoor drop on saw, as we havent seen any of the inside track layouts.

Also Gertslauer were spotted on park near the end of last season, (but so were B&M - So I think there were 2 competing designs for SW7 and this was the winning design. )

One of the interesting points is there are 3 theming boxes on the design. One of them not even in the coaster area, but closer to Oblivion. The colours and textures are all tech/industrial, and we had the rise of machine artwork that was discussed before 13 was decided on. With that in mind I can see the whole of X sector being attacked by alien robots. My reasoning for this is a concept piece of art that was done for Oblivion.

The ride was going to be based on Journey To The Centre of the Earth by Jules Verne

Now none of Joules Verne books are based around industrial machines like the mood boards, But H.G.Wells isn't that far from the same theme, so maybe were going to see it based on War Of The Worlds?