TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Considering the weather tomorrow,

THATS WHATS UP!!!

Can anyone else confirm a similar report?!

I can confirm this, I've rode the legend in a horrid storm. It was so much fun! But then again, two years ago a small storm went through and they went on lighting level. (Where only some rides are open) I guess it all depends on the day and the storm.

Stupid question of the day, is this new ride part of the waterpark or part of the normal park?

Cause there seems to be a huge amount of wetness!

Its tucked way back in the waterpark!

^Better watchout giraffe boy!

I never considered that one. Me being the giant that I am, it might be a little nerve wracking. But will that stop me? Hell no!

On a completely separate note, there are two TPR members who are unusually tall, named Steve, and have a deep love for all things Gators. Where's the Twilight Zone music when you need it?.

That is quite funny about the two of us.

It was a running joke many moons ago about my absurdly long neck when I was younger.

I'll see what I can find out regarding how tall is too tall to ride ...

In answer to the question about if Wildebeest is in the "normal" park ... I guess it's in the "abnormal" park. It's in Splashin' Safari ... located behind the Bahari wave pool.

Thanks, Paula

Wonderful day at Holiday World today!!! Rainy, wet tracks and didn't have to stand in line the whole day!!!

I also caught a piece of Timberliner in Voyage's maintenance area!

Did anyone else make it today?!

DSC00004.JPG.af2632d6fa9b2af395c1aec86b53761d.JPG

A piece of Timberliner!!!

Edited by robbalvey

^ It looked like the had to lean forward to touch the track and you won't be able to do that pinned in by the restraints (hopefully).

I love the new trains, but I'm a bit sad that I can't ride in the PTC trains before they are "retired" for Voyage.

Can't wait to see an updated video of testing. I bet those things ride smoothe.

On a side note got around to watching the Wildebeast video and it looks awesome. I couldn't help but also think that theres a potential some heads will be bumped ad the end of the accelerated uphills. Hopefully enough testing was done to ensure that isn't the case and there will be no delay in opening.

I was at Holiday World yesterday along with all the other KICers (my first time in 9 years)! I LOVE HW, I'll probably get a season pass since I only live 3 hours away. Oh, and yes yesterday was empty. Rode Voyage 29 times, Legend 14 times, Raven 10 times, plus rode Eagles Flight 2 times, Liberty Launch 2 times, Howler and the kids area once, Pilgrims Plunge once, and Gobble Getaway once.

I was under the impression that Holiday World had sold two of the PTCs to Darien Lake for Predator, is that correct or are those actually from a different ride? Also, I assume Voyage will eventually have three of the new trains, right? They look absolutely amazing! It is kind of crazy that no sort of grate is on the front but it'll just be like a floorless or something.

I was under the impression that Holiday World had sold two of the PTCs to Darien Lake for Predator, is that correct or are those actually from a different ride? Also, I assume Voyage will eventually have three of the new trains, right? They look absolutely amazing! It is kind of crazy that no sort of grate is on the front but it'll just be like a floorless or something.

I think that eventually the PTCs will go go to Darien Lake, they just needed them for the Voyage right now because the Timberliner's aren't ready yet. And I think it was mentioned that there will only be 2 Timberliner trains, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

I think that eventually the PTCs will go go to Darien Lake, they just needed them for the Voyage right now because the Timberliner's aren't ready yet. And I think it was mentioned that there will only be 2 Timberliner trains, someone correct me if i'm wrong.

You are correct in saying that there will only be two Timberliners. Holiday World already sold two of the PTCs from Voyage to Darien Lake. They are running one-train operation until the Timberliners are ready.

The Voyage opened with 3 PTC trains (but hardly ever ran all of them at the same time). This off-season, they sold two of those trains to Darien Lake, and have yet to find a buyer for the third.

They used the one train that has yet to be sold for opening weekend, because the Timberliner trains weren't ready yet. The park purchased only two Timberliners, but with an increase in speed, and the lack of seatbelts, they still predict an increase in capacity.

**Edit: Doug beat me to it.

How bad did the trains stack when Holiday World ran all 3 PTC's

They stacked rather regularly. Holiday World spends a lot of time making sure the seat belts are really tight, causing it to take longer to check the trains. Unfortunately, it would have made more sense to have two PTCs, knowing they would stack, and three Timberliners, since load times should be greatly improved without seatbelts.

When I went in 2007 they would stack one train for a short amount of time. I think this was mainly because of the seatbelts and people taking a long time to put loose items in the bins. I really don't think they need three trains. They rarely get long lines and the timberliners will allow them to increase capacity (from what we've been told).

When I went in 2007 they would stack one train for a short amount of time. I think this was mainly because of the seatbelts and people taking a long time to put loose items in the bins. I really don't think they need three trains. They rarely get long lines and the timberliners will allow them to increase capacity (from what we've been told).

Yeah. I have only gone to the park in May and June but have never seen a long line at Voyage. Their waterpark is always slammed while the coasters don't get that long of lines.