TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

might just set them up for a new ride in Christmas in 2020

Or a new ride somewhere else. These classic Heart Flip rides are great, awesome to look at and fun for the whole family. Also, super rare. Nothing like a restored classic

heart.jpg.53e0d593ec07f0ca3b79e6113cb2efc8.jpg5718930311_e097cf42ac.jpg.8b27ae23711174a21bc9b6700360a5af.jpg

Speaking of new rides, I have a feeling we all have our long wish lists. Skyride, Schwarzkopf-esque looper or speed racer (classic trains for both, please), Large-scale train ride, whole park mini-train, family friendly haunted house, classic and large scale ferris wheel. Dreaming is free

might just set them up for a new ride in Christmas in 2020

Or a new ride somewhere else. These classic Heart Flip rides are great, awesome to look at and fun for the whole family. Also, super rare. Nothing like a restored classic

[attachment=0]heart.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]5718930311_e097cf42ac.jpg[/attachment]

Speaking of new rides, I have a feeling we all have our long wish lists. Skyride, Schwarzkopf-esque looper or speed racer (classic trains for both, please), Large-scale train ride, whole park mini-train, family friendly haunted house, classic and large scale ferris wheel. Dreaming is free

Watkins made some fun rides, but the aesthetics are very carny. Are these rides even made anyone, who owns the rights to the old Watkins rides? The manufacturer was at different times named Hi Lite Watkins Venture Rides. I tried to look up it online quickly but couldn't find the answer on the first two pages of my search.

^I'm really not sure of the details, it's all fuzzy. But I do know that if a park really wants a ride, or a ride part - brand new and identical to the originals, they can get them. It costs money, but it can happen.

As for the carny aesthetic you mention, I agree partly, but that can turn to awesomeness and *charm* with nice fencing or a little scenery/greenery. It's all in the presentation. I've seen total carnival rides look great in a park (Bay Beach, Knoebels, Indiana Beach (pre-2009)); I've also seen them look junky/carny (think large circle loop).

• 2 months later...

Holiday World posted some photos of the construction of the new Merry Marketplace on Facebook earlier. It looks good so far! I'm so glad that they decided to do this update. The old Kringle's Cafe did look pretty dated and in need of an update. Not only will this provide more options in a more modern (and more festive) setting, but it will also provide a large capacity place to go when the temperature gets too high or if it gets rainy in the middle of the day. I like that they've been doing a rotation of additions and renovations to revitalize the different sections of the park over the past couple years: 2014 and 2015 brought something new to Thanksgiving, 2016 brought a huge update on Legend, 2017 brought a new ride to Fourth of July, 2018 brought an update to the water park, and 2019 will be bringing a GREAT renovation to Christmas.

I certainly welcome the renovation too. Looks like there's gonna be plenty more space than before, and I'm certainly looking forward to it with the new food and drink offerings (and the coffee, can't forget about that). The media nerd in me also appreciates the presentation of the 360 video. Can't wait to be back in the park.

• 3 weeks later...

^No way I would have ever caught it. But I did catch the one time Holiday World had a silhouette of Magnum (or was it a different Arrow/Morgan hyper) on one of their shirts. That was strange. I always relegated that sort of thing to the big corporate parks. It somehow didn't make me love Holiday World any less.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...