TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Years ago, in the "Rumors and Speculation" thread I mentioned that I think a launched flyer would be possible.....get into your seats, have the seats go down with you as a rider going into a backwards "Flying" position....have a launch and a half loop/Immelman/half Pretzel to invert you into the 'typical' flying position and continue on from there....I may not have been wrong on what B&M are capable of doing......and that "Pit" screams 'water element' flyover from what I have seen.

No Dive...

No Wing...

Just Fly....(I'll bet a dollar on this)

^ I'm with you on the on a immelman/dive loop following the launch, which will put the rides into the flying position, then I think it will be followed by a zero-G roll in that second clearing by the Voyage. That's how I sort of seeing this thing playing out with typical B&M elements.

On a side note, if this is a flyer, I wonder if it will have a dual station? Also, if you're launched backwards, I wonder if B&M will take the swinging mechanism out of the train and have you board lying down? You would think that would take a ton of weight out of the train and allow the train to perform some more forceful elements.

^ I'm with you on the on a immelman/dive loop following the launch, which will put the rides into the flying position, then I think it will be followed by a zero-G roll in that second clearing by the Voyage. That's how I sort of seeing this thing playing out with typical B&M elements.

On a side note, if this is a flyer, I wonder if it will have a dual station? Also, if you're launched backwards, I wonder if B&M will take the swinging mechanism out of the train and have you board lying down? You would think that would take a ton of weight out of the train and allow the train to perform some more forceful elements.

Can't imagine they would have you boarding lying down. That would be difficult, time-consuming, and maybe even dangerous for larger (or uncoordinated guests). And wouldn't it be a challenge to unload from a lying position?

^Agreed. I'm thinking they would have to redesign their flyer trains to allow for boarding like this.

On the (extreme) outside chance this is a launched flyer, a more likely setup would probably be - standard loading, train navigates a pre-launch section to flip over - train enters launch track.

I don't see Holiday World putting in a Flyer as there first BIG Steel Coaster. It's not there type of Coaster, they will want something everyone will want to ride. A Flyer is too intimidating for most people, they will want something more inviting to the families. I could be wrong, but I hope it isn't a Flyer. I would much rather have a Terrain coaster speeding through the Forest, with a couple of inversions.

^ Not quite, Paula has said on here that they plan on posting a blog explaining what each clue for the 66 days journal meant after the announcement.

Right, but isn't "Some of what I wrote was just filler," still an explanation of some of the clues? I'm not saying everything from day one to day 66 will be thrown out. I'm saying some of the story pertaining to the ship and the water might just be expository but not essential to the final clue.

I don't see Holiday World putting in a Flyer as there first BIG Steel Coaster. It's not there type of Coaster, they will want something everyone will want to ride. A Flyer is too intimidating for most people, they will want something more inviting to the families. I could be wrong, but I hope it isn't a Flyer. I would much rather have a Terrain coaster speeding through the Forest, with a couple of inversions.

You literally took the words right out of my mouth, I couldnt say it any better.

Here's my arguement. If its a flyer, the long straightaway would put the tracks on the left because the building is in the way on the right. but if you go to the left, there also going to be obstructions...

hwconsint2.thumb.png.bc3ecceb6062f3463f71557a02dd4974.png

but if you go to the left, there also going to be obstructions...

I believe the larger item you circled is a tied rebar cage waiting to be put into a footing and then poured. They typically tie all of the rebar outside of the hole for easier working conditions and then set it into place as one whole piece. So that "obstruction" most likely won't be there permanently but I do see what you're saying about the set-up as it is not being ideal for a flyer

I would love to see a B&M launch coaster, but when Leah said it would be a 1st of it's kind then it could not be a launch B&M coaster. There is a launch coaster in Fla at Island of Adventure called Incredible Hulk. As far as I know this is the only B&M launch coaster out there the ride open in 1999.

Can't imagine they would have you boarding lying down. That would be difficult, time-consuming, and maybe even dangerous for larger (or uncoordinated guests). And wouldn't it be a challenge to unload from a lying position?

^ And B&M didn't do that launch, Vekoma did. So this would be the first true B&M launch unless they get someone else to do it again for them.

Vekoma did not...universal did it themselves in house...

^you still board upright though.

im under the impression the poster is unaware of the vekoma flyers where you board the opposite of how B&M coasters board...

That may be the case. I think they were thinking you could take the whole tilting device out for the sake of shedding weight, making it easier to launch. I just can't see a way to really make that work, then again I'm just a teacher and no engineer, "you can do anything if you really want it!"

I hope it's not a flyer. If it is HW will definitely make it cool but I would really just like to see a sit down launcher with inversions.

Lol Paula will do! I'm sure I'll watch it about a billion times afterwards as well lol.

You're located in the Evansville area, correct? If so, check the business section of today's local paper. We dropped an important fact for the first time. Just for you.

I have the solution for all of this "load sitting vs load laying" nonsense: The train comes into the station completely vertical with the queue lines stacked on top of each other! Kinda like a rocket ship. And then when it leaves the (top of the) station, it flattens out to where you're laying on your back and then into a roll over orrr to make this theory even more ridiculous, it is launched straight out the station from the vertical position into a vertical twist

^you still board upright though.

im under the impression the poster is unaware of the vekoma flyers where you board the opposite of how B&M coasters board...

No, my point is that I am not aware of any coaster you board and unboard from a lying down position. I'm still not aware of any.

Lol Paula will do! I'm sure I'll watch it about a billion times afterwards as well lol.

You're located in the Evansville area, correct? If so, check the business section of today's local paper. We dropped an important fact for the first time. Just for you.

Yes I am! Actually Newburgh but close enough lol. I don't get a physical copy of the courier and press I do it through their app. Checked the business section and didn't see anything that stood out pertaining to HW, did I miss something?