TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The KFC Double Down

robbalvey

Sadly, I DON'T have a KFC in my town. I'm convinced the hippies here ran them out of town years ago.

Luckily, the store I work at has EXCELLENT fried chicken, surprisingly, so that's cushioned the blow a bit. I've had weight problems in the past, no doubt about it, but I've also been working out every day on an elliptical trainer lately, and I've been dropping a few pounds by combining that with more fruits and veggies, more water, and avoiding late night snacks. I have hypothyroidism, so I don't expect miracles, but I have been making slow, steady progress.

My point is, everything in moderation. I think a lot of the people in my town crusade way too much against food that they see as unhealthy or bad for humanity in some grand scheme. They tend to care too much about other people then they do about themselves. Well I think that if you pressure someone too much about what they eat, you're gonna stress them out a whole lot. And what do some people do when they're stressed? They Eat!

I think a little bit of what makes you happy every so often does you good, personally.

That being said, I'd LOVE to try a double down one of these days.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried a double down just yesterday. It was delicious. I'll probably be eating another in the near future.

Now on the topic of the Happy meal toys. I'm getting tired of the government trying to regulate everything because they know what's best for you. I don't really even understand taking the toys away. The toy is the only part of the Happy Meal that doesn't make you fat! The food is the problem and it's still available for consumption, minus the toy. I can see where they are coming from but they are going about it in the stupidest way imaginable.

How long will it be before the government bans fast food all together?

I haven't had this sandwich yet, but I think I'm waiting for a special occasion, like maybe a TPR trip. I think I'm going to do this photo. As much walking as we do on a TPR trip, this should be pretty good to eat.

1322505706_DD-KrispyKreme.JPG.9be5f86eaa0e754ef06bfb9c586c798f.JPG

Krispy Kreme + Double Down = Potentially Amazing Food!

I had a Double Down yesterday. It was like eating a bag of salt. I finished it, but I don't see how anyone can have this sandwich more then once just to say they did it!

It was terrible, but a life changing experience.

Maybe KFC should do something like The Big Texan steakhouse in Amarillo, TX (where if you eat a 72 oz. steak and trimmings, the meal is free).

You have to be able to finish it in under an hour or you have to pay for it.

I don't really even understand taking the toys away. The toy is the only part of the Happy Meal that doesn't make you fat! The food is the problem and it's still available for consumption, minus the toy. I can see where they are coming from but they are going about it in the stupidest way imaginable.

Fast food and Happy Meals/toys have pretty much been an American staple for years but the problem with obesity seems to be a more recent problem due to kids not getting enough exercise and sitting on their buts behind a screen all day. I feel the government should make it mandatory for kids to exercise instead of taking Happy Meal toys away.

I think my daughter actually invented the double down long before kfc. Only hers was two chicken dinosaurs with ketchup in the middle. Key is to match the dinosaurs, don't put a pterosaur with t-rex or you'll get ketchup on your fingers.

By the way, her version tastes better.

• 4 weeks later...

^Deprive yourself all you want.

I had one a few weeks ago and it was AMAZING. Plus I've still been losing an average of 3 pounds a week. Yeah, actually working out what I eat works, plus I'm not eating them every day.

• 2 months later...