TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Booo-hiss. I never even made it up thanks to my flakey friend who decided he didnt want to brave the rain that apparently hardly happened. Another wasted opportunity to enjoy an empty park. I think we're gonna try to go Monday instead as it seems the park is pretty dead on the 4th from what I can tell from past years.

Did anyone else get a survey from the park about shopping today? I got one and it was way out in left field - they were asking about experiences with the Apple store, American Eagle, and Target. They also were asking what stores would you visit from a huge list that included stuff like the gap, victoria's secret and dollar general. Who would ever go to victoria's secret at a six flags? I'm so confused.

I got one from Magic Mountain, thought it was odd they were asking about the Dollar General. Would they really put one in Six Flags parks? Seems like it would cannibalize sales of their over priced merchandise

Booo-hiss. I never even made it up thanks to my flakey friend who decided he didnt want to brave the rain that apparently hardly happened. Another wasted opportunity to enjoy an empty park. I think we're gonna try to go Monday instead as it seems the park is pretty dead on the 4th from what I can tell from past years.

Same situation here, gf was tired and I didn't feel like going by myself. I've read the 4th isnt that crowded either, I want to check out the fireworks show and hopefully everyone else besides us are at bbqs lol

Sounds like it's more for sponsorship / advertising purposes more than anything.

Agree. After being at the park twice last week I got tired of seeing the advertisements. I wouldn't be surprised if to hear then start incorporating them into the ride announcements. "This ride in El Toro is brought to you by your local Kia dealer. Check out the Kia Soul at "

So the consensus is to get to the park 30 mins prior then head to joker? After that KK?

Sounds like a plan to me.

That is going to be the best option. Joker has a horrible ride.capacity and kK we all k ow is always packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone is at the park today please update on crowds/wait times. Photos would be nice.

Imma probably head up later cause my flakey flake of a friend is apparently sleeping in. :/ Hope it won't be too crazy, I just wanna get some laps on Toro. Not trying to buy a FP if I don't have to.

I'll be at the park tomorrow but my plan is to hit up either Ka or Toro and then do the Safari. I think I'll pass on Joker cause I rode Batman at Fiesta this April.

Good idea hitting up th Safari early if you plan to ride. It's an hour wait sometimes more and the ride itself is pretty long. Can easily eat up 2+ hours of your day.

Any clues lately on what the 2017 attraction could be? Its pretty obvious where the attraction(s) will be located, but what could they be. Some guys on GreatAdventureHistory.com are speculating RMC T-Rex/Raptor. In my opinion, I feel like the park will either get the same flat package Six Flags Over Texas got (minus a scrambler), Justice League Dark Ride (which isnt very likely considering its most likely going to Over Georgia and Magic Mountain), or of course a T-Rex, the guys over at GADVhistory really do give some great points! Anyways, what do you guys think we could get?

The people at Great Adventure History are a little delusional sometimes. The owner of the site is fantastic however and a lot of the posters are excellent but I'm not sure that speculation page is in the least bit reputable (Railer, cough cough).

I read that thread when I need a good laugh. I especially love it when people still suggest a wing coaster, totally ignoring the fact that the chain abandoned building them after X-Flight.

The people at Great Adventure History are a little delusional sometimes. The owner of the site is fantastic however and a lot of the posters are excellent but I'm not sure that speculation page is in the least bit reputable (Railer, cough cough).

I read that thread when I need a good laugh. I especially love it when people still suggest a wing coaster, totally ignoring the fact that the chain abandoned building them after X-Flight.

Oh it's obnoxious. The main point they're going off for "knowing" it's a T-Rex is that that Joker is more thrilling than El Diablo, so "obviously" they're going for a three year plan of increasing intensity of new coasters. lol wtf?

But back on topic I could totally see a flat package as well.

If you haven't ridden one you should try it. Maybe make that the first ride of the day at some park so you're not already exhausted or dehydrated.

I generally don't like spinning rides and can get a little "iffy" on spinning rides but giant frisbees aren't too much spinning at all. Kings Dominion's Mondial version is good, but Cedar Point's HUSS model is better. Word is that Kennywood's and SFOT's Zamplerlas are by far the best so I'm looking forward to riding one.

I really really really want a flat package like SFOT. I would ride the sh!t out of a giant frisbee and would like to check out that new Endeavor, I was a fan of Enterprises growing up, though a ride on Dorneys a couple years ago gave me a little vertigo.

A new coaster would be nice too. I'm not holding my breath.