TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

^ I agree. Sure, it will definitely be cool for the new experience, but if it's very intense I don't see it drawing a huge crowd after the first week or so. The more I think about it, the less excited I am for it. No regular B:TR until Fright Fest is lame.

I was at the park on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I think the longest I queued for was for kingda ka, the first time I rode, it was about 20 mins. And it broke down 7 times between 10 and 2 on Wednesday, Apart from that one queue I walked onto everything both days. Batman was closed on the Tuesday and then opened on Wednesday backwards, it's messed up. My first batman clone i'v ever been on. And the forces were intense. The 3rd time I rode, it messed me up and I got a head ache so I couldn't ride anything again but I had an awesome time up till then. I skipped El Diablo, I went on a super loop at the CNE in Canada a few years ago and that was enough. It was my first time at a six flags park and I had a good time. The runaway mine train, man that was rough it was a one time ride only kind of coaster. I rode Twisted Colossus today it's amazing.....but think El toro is better...just saying ha

I did

kinda ka - 7

Superman - 2

El toro - 6

Bizarro - 3

Nitro - 3

Green lantern - 3

Batman - 3

Zumanjaro- 5

Black beards - 1

Skull mountain - 1

Dark knight - 1

Run away mine train - 1

^ sounds like you had a good time.

I'm excited to try Namtab today. I took advantage of my day off today and slept in for as long as possible but I'm up and headed up to the park in a bit. I have a feeling with this weather its going to be packed, but I'm prepared to buy a gold pass if needed. Anyone else headed over today?

I was at the park yesterday, wasn't too crowded. Only long waits were for Superman and King Da Ka and even those were down to under 20 minutes towards the end of the day. Batman Backwards was open to the public yesterday and they were running 2 trains. I was very excited to try this because I had not been on it at any of the other parks. Sadly, this is one of the worst experiences I have had on Batman. It was awful, I thought the idea of turning the car around would be cool and fun but it was just a mess. The whole ride my head was banging against the restraints like crazy.Batman fowards is 100x better, I will not ride Batman again until they Change it back to the way it was for 17 years.

I was at the park yesterday, wasn't too crowded. Only long waits were for Superman and King Da Ka and even those were down to under 20 minutes towards the end of the day. Batman Backwards was open to the public yesterday and they were running 2 trains. I was very excited to try this because I had not been on it at any of the other parks. Sadly, this is one of the worst experiences I have had on Batman. It was awful, I thought the idea of turning the car around would be cool and fun but it was just a mess. The whole ride my head was banging against the restraints like crazy.Batman fowards is 100x better, I will not ride Batman again until they Change it back to the way it was for 17 years.

I guess I had a totally different experience then you did. I rode it 14 times fri. . mainly in the front and back. and found the ride to be super smooth. i cant believe how smooth those trains are compared to the sfgadv forward facing trains.

Man that place was PACKED today. One of the most crowded visits I've had. With the weather and holiday weekend it wasn't too much of a surprise.

We were there from 5-10pm and managed 6 rides in that time with a gold pass. To be fair we spent an hour of that eating and sitting around. But crazy lines. Ive been having so much luck so far this year with manageable waits (save for Cedar Point on Mem Day wknd, but that was to be expected) so I felt I was due a day with crowds like today. Ka was down all day today (according to a security dude we talked to - and we never saw it run @ night), so I'm sure that not sucking some lines away from the other rides made it feel more crowded than it was. Other rides had issues, but nothing that affected us. El Diablo was flat out closed for the day by 9pm. Bummer as I wanted to see the lighting package after sundown, but the thing was completely shut down.

We did manage to conquer Namtab which was our main goal of the night. They only had one of the trains running, but what a smooth ride! We sat in the 2nd row. My buddy's initial reaction afterwards was "they should leave the trains like that forever!" So intense, but very enjoyable. Sitting toward the back of the train through the funky pre-drop kicks things off nicely. It's weird to not feel constant positive G's, but instead feel like you are being ripped from your seat. I got confused on the zero-G and was expecting it to flip in the opposite direction than it actually did and we really got yanked through that nice and snappy. Totally awesome, best part of the ride. People have mentioned headbanging, I got none. I'm not sure I could've marathoned it but we both liked it a lot. Though I would probably have gotten right back on if possible, and we did discuss heading up for passholder ERT on Wednesday evening. I'd like to try it in different seats. Highlight of our night for sure.

Bizarro was running really well, its such an underrated ride and one of my faves at the park. We had a great ride on it, totally hauling ass. My favorite floorless, it just has that old school B&M intensity to me. The effects are just the icing on the cake. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I LOVE the zero-g. Crazy to see it with a full queue. Stacking 3 trains as usual though.

Our first ride of the night was Zum and for whatever reason it really got me tonight. I love this ride but it felt like the drop lasted forever, I don't know why. Bonkers though. While waiting to board we witnessed a very tense scene as a gentleman with an entire family with him began berating the grouper and slamming his fist on the turnstyle, barking about having to wait in the single rider line for 2.5 hours. Security was called.

My one personal gripe was that we never made it on Nitro as we went to reserve it while in line for Namtab but was coming up as closed. This was at 8pm and Nitro was running with people, so I don't know why we couldn't reserve it, other than the fact that the line, from what we could see from Namtabs lift, was out to the entrance, so maybe they just cut the FPs off. I certainly wasn't waiting in the regular line. Oh well, still haven't ridden Nitro at all in 2015. Lame.

We ended the night with Skull Mountain, I think I may be this rides biggest fan. Great as always, a walk on with our gold pass. We hightailed it out of there just before the fireworks so we didn't get stuck trying to leave, which was a very good idea as the lot was filled completely as we exited at quarter til 10. I can't imagine the insanity when everyone eventually left at the same time. So no explosions for us, but we didn't care. 2 evening/magic seat rides on The Bull and Mission: Namtab accomplished. Not many better ways to spend a Friday night.

Namtab 1x

Skull Mountain 1x

Zumanjaro 1x

Bizarro 1x

El Toro 2x

Two final points

- After doing Dorney and Cedar Point on my last two park visits, I'm very spoiled by having someone at the top of the station steps holding the crowd back. On a packed day like today it was almost unbearable in the stations, SF really needs to take a page from CFs book on this one, it sucks.

- The loaded bacon and cheddar fries @ Main Street Pub are light years better than those overrated limp Potato Patch fries lol

Nice report. I went to the park on the Monday after July 4th (when it also was on a Saturday) and it was crowded but it doesn't sounds as bad as Friday was. 2.5 hours for the singler rider line at Zumanjaro is amazing, I know sometimes it is just as bad the regular line or even worse and wonder how long the standby line was. I'll only use it if hardly any people are in line since there are times that only 1 or 2 people are taken from the single rider line per cycle and sometimes none are taken.

^ I think its important to keep in mind

Six Flags has filed for a new name trademark this month for their latest attraction to be called "Total Mayhem". While this could be for any Six Flags theme park, the name would be a perfect fit for an S&S Free Fly 4D style coaster, the type that was rumored to be on the way for SFGAdv.

Wasn't the trademark filed in Texas though? Plus 'Total Mayhem' sounds like a flatride. Not saying it isnt true, but I'd think they'd pick a better name for their first new coaster in 10 years.

It does sound more like a flat ride name. Keep in mind names have been trademarked by parks in the past and never used.

If they end up using the name "Total Mayhem", I'll probably kill myself

Worst. Name. Ever.

Like someone mentioned the other day, the trademark was filed by Six Flags corporate, not Great Adventure. No indication that it will be used in GAdv, no need to get ridiculously hyperbolic.

^ I know. I was just joking and know they probably wont end up using it anyway. Even so, the only possibility for this name in my mind would be some sort of extreme flat of haunted maze. I know it probably won't be used for a coaster so I'm not that concerned.

The person who suggested it could be a fright fest trail put my heart at ease a bit. One of the major attractions this year is supposed to be a Fright Fest overhaul. I'd imagine its going to be HUGE this year. The park was just too packed for only 4 or 5 trails. They can make more money by making more trails. I'm sure people would use more of them if they had time to! People standing in line for 3 hours aren't spending money for 3 hours.

Sunday, July 5th ETR was terrific! I parked around 9:30am, waited about a minute for my wristband....and no line for security!

BATMAN (ie- NAMTAB) was a great ride! Walked right on- sat in the first row......man does it pack a punch backwards! Smooth, smooth, smooth! I was "one and done"....as my body wasn't 100% this morning- and that was all I could tolerate! First row on Nitro (no wait)....headed to the bumper cars- waited, and waited.....and walked away, as it was a hot mess with the people driving, empty cars, lousy job, etc.

Skyscreamer was a walk on.....hit El Toro at 10:30am (walk on, 1st row), then Zumanjaro (walk on)......Parachute? Sure....never ride it/walk on.

Got our "free" snack and lunch.....hit the road at 11:45am.

F U L L T H R O T T L E.

Enough said..

Personally, I don't feel like that is a bad name. I think its very fitting for a coaster, especially a launched coaster.