TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

P. 766: Haunt Has Risen from the Grave

Recently got back from a quick trip to down to KD and all the rides were running great. I have a quick question to ask other people here: has anyone else never greyed out on I305? The strange thing is that I've greyed out on Millennium Force and even more strange is that I've greyed out on Dominator going into the loop. The only thing I can think of that might be preventing grey outs is that I make it a habit to get hydrated before I ride it, but that hasn't helped me on other rides that I have ridden.

Recently got back from a quick trip to down to KD and all the rides were running great. I have a quick question to ask other people here: has anyone else never greyed out on I305? The strange thing is that I've greyed out on Millennium Force and even more strange is that I've greyed out on Dominator going into the loop. The only thing I can think of that might be preventing grey outs is that I make it a habit to get hydrated before I ride it, but that hasn't helped me on other rides that I have ridden.

I must be the exact opposite. I see patches on dominator... Occasionally. I305 is a completely different story. Unless I'm in the right seat 4th row, I grey out every time. Especially in the front row! However, ride front whenever possible. I guess some people experience it, some don't.

Well, guys I did not get any night rides. I spent an hour waiting for the front just to be told that I305 will be close for the rest of the night for fireworks. I was really excited to ride it and I thought I'd never get to ride the front again since I am leaving. Thanks to my parents, I will be riding in the front finally.

^ Well to be honest, they're not going to tell you "Yup, that's what we're doing for 2015". WaterWorks is getting additions next year, but it is a question of will it be renamed? And if it is, what will it be called?

I do however find it nice that they responded, PR at the park has really been improved this season really wanting to answer all guests/fans questions and/or concerns.

Yeah seriously y would u believe them lol

Yea I completely blacked out on the first turn not tensing up at all. I usually tense before it starts turning up. But I don't mind it. The really only part I don't like about the ride are the quick snappy twists. I wanted to put my hands up but I needed to hold on or I got chopped on the neck. I usually get a bad pressure headache on the turn before the first twist. But then it lessens. Man is that ride forceful

^ Well to be honest, they're not going to tell you "Yup, that's what we're doing for 2015". WaterWorks is getting additions next year, but it is a question of will it be renamed? And if it is, what will it be called?

I do however find it nice that they responded, PR at the park has really been improved this season really wanting to answer all guests/fans questions and/or concerns.

Yeah seriously y would u believe them I mean im stupid but im not that stupid lol

I'm not saying they won't upgrade the waterpark next year, I'm saying Soak City is not going to be the "rethemed" name.

HAUNT NEWS!

Semi-Confirmed:

MAZE OF MADNESS returning for the 40th Celebration! This was always one of (if not the) most popular former mazes at the park, Haunt fans will love this! This was always one of the park's most popular mazes and I'd love to see to see what they can come up with now that HAUNT is so much better than several years ago.

Rumors are it is replacing Medieval Macabre. I'd guess this as well as I've been saying it's on the chopping block this year all season long.

The room with the mirrors/strobes/hospital beds that they had in The Asylum back in 2011 needs to be recreated in this.

10565191_10203442252088517_8930575332702043204_n.jpg.b112947bf1cdbbe12bbdbef1503a6038.jpg

HAUNT NEWS!

Semi-Confirmed:

MAZE OF MADNESS returning for the 40th Celebration! This was always one of (if not the) most popular former mazes at the park, Haunt fans will love this! This was always one of the park's most popular mazes and I'd love to see to see what they can come up with now that HAUNT is so much better than several years ago.

Rumors are it is replacing Medieval Macabre. I'd guess this as well as I've been saying it's on the chopping block this year all season long.

The room with the mirrors/strobes/hospital beds that they had in The Asylum back in 2011 needs to be recreated in this.

Medieval Macabre is done, I talked to a Haunt worker who confirmed that for me.

It was a shame, I almost liked that maze! just kidding

MM was good the past couple of years and was one of my favs, but last year it was just bad. It went from one of the best to one of the worst. I won't really miss it. Plus that photo thing before you er in the maze was really irritating. Maze of Madness sounds cool. And I still miss the asylum. I liked that one...

^ i'm assuming you mean on rebel yell? I have noticed that too, but here's what I noticed; it seems to me that it doesn't really matter because when they race, it seems to balance out as the left side picks up some more speed in the second part and so it actually gets really close. At least, that's what I've observed.

Sorry if this is old news, but does anyone else notice how the the track on the right side has a faster lift. Why??

When I was there they were even dispatching the left side first to try and compensate, but the right side would still pass it on the lift. Definitely moving quite a bit faster. Seems to this not-mechanically-inclined person like it'd be an easy thing to fix, if they wanted.

Sorry if this is old news, but does anyone else notice how the the track on the right side has a faster lift. Why??

When I was there they were even dispatching the left side first to try and compensate, but the right side would still pass it on the lift. Definitely moving quite a bit faster. Seems to this not-mechanically-inclined person like it'd be an easy thing to fix, if they wanted.

the right side lift has been slightly faster for as long as i can remember. like maybe even before Paramount. i have no idea why.

Edited by smallpox

This is a little bit off topic, but in a recent Kings Dominion commercial the last coaster shown was an invert that had the same teal combination as the track at Clermont. I looked through pictures of all the B&M inverts and none of them share the same color combination. Any thoughts on what it might mean?

^Isn't their inverted "gap" filled by volcano? I know the experienced provided by B&M inverts is quite different but there aren't many parks with two full circuit inverts.