TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I have been a MF fan in the past, but I think that this may become my new favourite. I can 't wait to ride it this summer! It looks like a lot of fun and the transitions look intense.

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apparently the park sent out an email saying that Kings Dominion will open on March 22nd! Oh, did I say March? I meant May. Alpengeist, InvadR and Verbolten are open tomorrow. This comp

Too bad Volcano isn't still around. It was ahead of its time not only technologically, but it already had limited capacity down to a science.

Yesterday, after my brief stop at SFA, I fought through the perpetual Northern Virginia I-95 traffic to check out Kings Dominion's Taste of the Season event - a COVID-blamed Winterfest-lite.  And beli

Posted Images

Happiness is waiting 6 months with people complaining about a new mega-coaster just to hear positive reviews when it finally opens.
*claps* I couldn't agree more!

AMEN!!!!!! And oh btw, this looks absolutely, friggin, AMAZING! "Millie" fanboys are now plotting the death of Robb ALvey LMAO!!!

Oh man, I can't wait to ride it! I might just have to make a trip down earlier than August.

Great video Robb! I guess Millennium is now "Old and Busted," and I305 is the "New Hotness!"

That ride looks absolutely amazing... I knew the constant corners would be cool but that was just too beautiful.

Robb blacked out on it? I know in the video he said he did and that he hasn't ever done that on a coaster... that makes me think this beast could be even more intense than Goliath.

It looks insane, but that really worries me if Robb is blacking out. It doesn't take much to make me grey/black out, and that completely ruins coaster experiences for me.

Thanks for the coverage!

Also keep in mind that Robb pretty much hasn't had time to eat or sleep over the last two days so that certainly could be playing a role in the 'graying out'.

Looks like a great intense ride, can't wait to try it out myself in August!

BTW, if you're interested in this ride and getting some awesome rides on it, you will want to make sure you're a Club TPR Member by this August!!!!

The S turns look brutal. The intensity reminds me of Ravine Flyer II because I had a hard time keeping my composure during the commercial shoot. Atleast the MF has capacity over this ride though. The trains seem to be only 5 cars in length and I'm guessing only 2 will be operating normally.

Nice work from Robb, all has finally revealed.

I guess the $25 million question - has GeForce and SFNE's Bizarro been topped?

I may have to add a mini Intimidator trip when I come over for Halloween.

Just saw Robb's video, and this ride looks incredible! I look how much "twisty" it has, especially the first one after the drop.

Happiness is waiting 6 months with people complaining about a new mega-coaster just to hear positive reviews when it finally opens.

Okay--but that's what normally happens with new rides, too.

The S turns look brutal. The intensity reminds me of Ravine Flyer II because I had a hard time keeping my composure during the commercial shoot. Atleast the MF has capacity over this ride though. The trains seem to be only 5 cars in length and I'm guessing only 2 will be operating normally.

They only have 2 trains for the ride. I don't know how many cars they actually have, but RCDB says 8 cars per train.

Edited by nitrofan
Okay--but that's what normally happens with new rides, too.

Come on dude, don't try and rain on their parade. They're excited, let them have it.

I'm also excited! I can't wait to ride this in August!!

nice! i had a great day today and this just made it even better!!Thanks Rob! I greyed out on MF a few times too...i cant imagine what this will do...just awesome!

Wow, the recording shouting "Start your engine!" will get very annoying, really quickly. Thank GOD the recording at Carowinds doesn't have the announcer screaming it like a rock god...

Come on dude, don't try and rain on their parade. They're excited, let them have it.

Well, I was. But the complainer thing just always gets my goat.

/And also, there's no Santa.

Yeah the trains are eight cars! And yes, there are two of them.

Our awesome Assistant/Moderator CFC Chuck was there covering the event and will provide an excellent and detailed Photo TR by tomorrow. Robb was there more for helping the park with filming and stuff. I will try to talk to him later to ask about the headbanging and front seat vs. back seat questions that have been asked in this thread.