TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

I think they'll use the B&M style A-frame supports for the lift like on Goliath in Holland instead of the scaffolding used on MF & the other hypers.Since the footers are being poured in to go into the station we can assume that it's coming in off the brakerun since this coaster is using a cable lift it has to go straight out of the station instead of turning the way the superman coasters at SFA & DL do.

False. See El Toro at SFGA.

This isn't Cedar Point that we're talking about so they would *most likely* want to attract the GP's attention early. At Cedar Point they can delay their announcements because everyone and their cousin knows that some new ride is going to be built. It's usually a big spectacle in Ohio (because it's CP). However Kings Dominion doesn't really have a huge GP fan base and they have to compete with BGE in the same state. It would make more sense if they announced it early and build anticipation that way then delaying and hoping that the GP in Virginia will catch on.

But of course it's Cedar Fair that we're talking about so who knows.

Wow, that's the first time I've seen a coaster here on the news before it was officially announced. The only time they ever jump on theme park news is when there is an accident.

Even though Gene Cox still can't read a teleprompter after 30 some years, it still gets the message across and will probably get people talking.

This may be slightly off-topic. But i heard Rumours that CP is getting a new coaster next year. Would this be a possiblity considering both CW and KD are getting coasters? I am going to KD and CP next year. But I'm hoping to ride this and a new ride at CP as well. Gosh I hope CP is getting something.

Robby

I've been reading KD's twitter and it seems like every other post they add in some little thing about UFOs or space. take the last one for example.

check out @AndrewFreiden story tonight at 5pm. It should be "out of this world!" Thanks again for the GREAT weather!

I think this will be a space themed ride. Everything is pointing in that direction. They also got lucky with the UFO because they have been using that to hype of even more suspicion.

^Note that this thing is pretty much required to load over by Flight of Fear. That's the only pathway within a great distance, and I doubt they're going to build one straight through Anaconda to get here. So, if riders are entering this ride in that Flight of Fear military-base setup, it only makes sense that the theme stays similar, right?

I'm excited.

I think this will be a space themed ride. Everything is pointing in that direction. They also got lucky with the UFO because they have been using that to hype of even more suspicion.

Pfft! I saw the same "UFO" last Sunday afternoon. Seen it at KD quite a few times, actually.

I think KD is talking so much about UFOs on their twitter is because of the news story about a purported UFO sighting at KD a couple of weeks ago.

It turned out to just be a smoke ring from Volcano that hovered over KD for about 10 minutes or so.

I wouldn't take it to mean that the new coaster will necessarily be themed to a space/alien/UFO theme, although I think it's certainly possible.

^^ I never said it was real

Wasn't implying otherwise. It cracked me up that the KD UFO actually made it as far as CNN, though--journalistic standards are, indeed, in the toilet.

you know something is wrong when the news makes a report about a smoke ring ufo. Well it would be cool if it was space themed, but you have to think what kind of story will it have or if it will just be "Space" themeing. This is gonna be awesomtasticularmendous!!! Its so cool i had to make a new word! But those do seem like fairly big footers! Is that going to be where the entrance/exit to the station is going to be?