TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

^True. Didn't think about that, since I'm working all weekend. (Don't say it, damn you...)

On a side note, the Kings parks are freaking awesome. Someone said before 'Cedar who?' and I tend to agree with them TO AN EXTENT. Being able to take full advantage of FL+ with well rounded collections of rides makes these larger, but non-giant, parks more enjoyable. Cedar Point is a phenomenal park, but it's almost a bit overwhelming for my wife and I. We end up bouncing back and forth from the really good rides, and we ignore the good rides... Toss in Carowinds and CF has a fantastic set of parks. I have yet to go to Canada's Wonderland to comment on that park, but I think we're going to head there next summer.

Edited by prozach626

I'm gonna swing by tomorrow night to take another crack at TT while wearing gym clothes. Gonna try to suck in my waist as much as I can when they bring that god forsaken lap bar down hoping it can hit my thighs.

So no go for TT however I enjoyed myself plenty. Rode Racer 75, Grizzly, Backlot, Avalanche, Anaconda, Flight of Fear, and then I capped off the night with a 10 ride Intimidator 305 marathon all night rides. It was glorious. Then some Panda Express on the way out. Dominator unfortunately was closed but I checked the test seat and I think I’d be fine in the larger seats and regular seats maybe if somebody pushed down on it. Really wish I rode Apple Zapple. I think I may head to Busch Gardens Sunday since I haven’t been in 6 years and I just set up a membership. Based off how the above coasters went I like my chances for most of their coasters.

Great commercial.

Can I just say something....? I cannot stand when people use the phrase "gravity defying" to describe coasters. Gravity is literally the reason roller coasters work. They don't defy gravity, they are powered by it.

Okay, nerding complete.

^Hah. I suppose everyone has their triggers.

Great commercial.

That commercial did a good job emphasizing an all new experience for those who might think the conversion was some sort of gimmick.

Great commercial.

Can I just say something....? I cannot stand when people use the phrase "gravity defying" to describe coasters. Gravity is literally the reason roller coasters work. They don't defy gravity, they are powered by it.

Okay, nerding complete.

I can see your point, but at the same time it has never bothered me because in a way the coaster is saying "f*ck you gravity" everytime it accelerates your body in the opposite direction of gravity during ejector airtime.

Does Kings Dominion offer fastlane plus to passholders for the regular price like CP and some other parks do? Thanks

No.

At the park today. TT is down all day so far.

Does Kings Dominion offer fastlane plus to passholders for the regular price like CP and some other parks do? Thanks

No.

At the park today. TT is down all day so far.

Dang... Well I'll probably still get fastlane anyways.

I saw on Instagram that it valleyed.

Timbers is indeed valleyed right before the brake run. Maintenance is attempting to winch the train back up right now. I really hope they get this open by the end of the day. Dominator has also been closed with no signs of trains cycling. Many other rides didn’t open until hours after park opening. Volcano has a 90 minute wait as usual. Overall a pretty crappy day at KD so far.

Timbers is indeed valleyed right before the brake run. Maintenance is attempting to winch the train back up right now. I really hope they get this open by the end of the day. Dominator has also been closed with no signs of trains cycling. Many other rides didn’t open until hours after park opening. Volcano has a 90 minute wait as usual. Overall a pretty crappy day at KD so far.

I’m in line for Volcano now inching along... 1 train running with row 8 blocked off. I wondered if TT was seeing any action yet. Spent a while over on that side this AM and since it’s so tiny I haven’t been able to see if it’s running yet or not since I left the area - guess not!

I’m in line for Volcano now inching along... 1 train running with row 8 blocked off. I wondered if TT was seeing any action yet. Spent a while over on that side this AM and since it’s so tiny I haven’t been able to see if it’s running yet or not since I left the area - guess not!

Wow... glad we didn’t get in line for that. I’m guessing FOF is one train as well. We were in line for that for a while and bailed because it was barely moving. Very sad operations at KD.

It’s slow going to say the least with a LOT of people bailing half way through the Volcano queue. It’s been exactly 1 hr and I should be on the ride in another 45 mins. Not a high ride lap count day by any means but the weather is beautiful so I’ll take what I can get!

It’s slow going to say the least with a LOT of people bailing half way through the Volcano queue. It’s been exactly 1 hr and I should be on the ride in another 45 mins. Not a high ride lap count day by any means but the weather is beautiful so I’ll take what I can get!

Damn! I figured it would be about 90 minutes but 1:45-2 hours is pretty crazy. It’s not like the park is packed. Can you post if there’s anything going on at Timbers? We bailed to check out some Richmond breweries and really only want to come back tonight if there’s a chance that TT will open.

Voyage - I will send you a PM if TT comes back up. We won’t be over that way again for another hour probably. It took us 2 hrs 5 mins to get on Volcano. Unbelievably, they WERE running 2 trains! The dispatches were just so outrageously slow that it seemed like 1 train. They were holding people back so the station didn’t get crowded which I appreciate. Same at I305, which has had virtually no line all day.

Sad to hear about the slow ops... Hopefully they get things figured out since the park will be open all week. Has dominator been down all year or has it only been today?

It looks like Dominator is open now but it was closed for at least the first half

of the day.