TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

But wouldn't you expect more, even not liking what was there?

By IOU for a coaster improvement, I just think this makes it more likely something bigger is on the horizon than simply replacing one mid-to-small-size coaster with another one. I'm not even sure that would be best for me, I just think it will happen.

If there is a chocolate cake with a piece of crap on it, removing that crap makes the cake more appealing to me, and better overall. If you replace it with nothing, its still better than a crap cake, but if you replace it with something worth riding, its just icing on the crapless-chocolate cake, which is good either way.

As much as I LOVE these Frisbee-type rides, I am not fully convinced about this particular model. One thing that makes me slightly skeptical about Mondial Revolutions is the fact that they literally only do ONE full swing before slowing back down (See CW's Psyclone). I don't know if the ride program will be the same as that, but if it's that short it will probably not live up to its full potential.

THAT BEING SAID- I don't hate the ride, I would still ride it anyways if someone gives me the money for a flight from Italy over to Virginia, and I might even enjoy it a lot. I just see the potential shortness of it as kind of a letdown. You know, nothing that major.

ALSO, I am fully aware that it still hasn't been built yet, so MAYBE Mondial *MIGHT* make it longer. But IMHO, it's not that likely.

^Its the park's decision on how long to make the ride cycle. Mondial has no impact on whether the park wants to make the cycle 30 seconds or three minutes. Canada's Wonderland has about twice as many visitors per day (considering the length of season and overall attendance) than Kings Dominion so they can't afford to have a longer cycle.

Why did people except a coaster in Shockwave's spot? Do they not realize how tiny the land is there?

It makes way more sense to wait until a much larger plot of land is cleared for a better coaster. You would probably fit an Intamin Zacspin at best.

Anyways, psyched for Delirium!

^Its the park's decision on how long to make the ride cycle. Mondial has no impact on whether the park wants to make the cycle 30 seconds or three minutes. Canada's Wonderland has about twice as many visitors per day (considering the length of season and overall attendance) than Kings Dominion so they can't afford to have a longer cycle.

True, true. Until you stop to consider that the other Mondial Revolution there is, the one in Terra Mitica, has nearly the EXACT same duration.

It could be just a coincidence, but ever since I watched V for Vendetta I stopped believing in coincidences. *Movie reference intensifies*

• 2 weeks later...
Welp, looks like there's no need to whine about 2017, because Busch Gardens is getting an RMC woodie. #KD2018

Wow, it's been a looooooooong time since I've been on the forums...

Even if BGW is definitely teasing a coaster or coaster-like ride for '17 [source=they mention a drop in the video below], it's still jumping the gun to definitively say that they're getting an RMC of any variety, let alone a wooden one (although a great wooden coaster would definitely round out BGW's collection).

Personally, I'll enjoy riding Delirium this year and will keep my fingers crossed for 2017 at Kings Dominion. #KD2017

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Welp, looks like there's no need to whine about 2017, because Busch Gardens is getting an RMC woodie. #KD2018

This statement alone makes me want them to not get one so I can come back a laugh lol lol.

Regardless BG is getting something BIG. All signs lead to a woodie.

So, with that being said, what would be a great fit for KD's 2018 coaster?

Even if BGW is definitely teasing a coaster or coaster-like ride for '17 [source=they mention a drop in the video below], it's still jumping the gun to definitively say that they're getting an RMC of any variety, let alone a wooden one (although a great wooden coaster would definitely round out BGW's collection).

Personally, I'll enjoy riding Delirium this year and will keep my fingers crossed for 2017 at Kings Dominion. #KD2017

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

But seriously, imagine if both KD and BG DID get a coaster this year.

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

But seriously, imagine if both KD and BG DID get a coaster this year.

King's Dominion is in no rush to get a coaster. They have I305, Volcano, Dominator and a bunch if other decent coasters. I don't get why the removal of Shockwave has gotten so many people under the influence that they need to replace it with another coaster so quickly.

King's Dominion is in no rush to get a coaster. They have I305, Volcano, Dominator and a bunch if other decent coasters. I don't get why the removal of Shockwave has gotten so many people under the influence that they need to replace it with another coaster so quickly.

Allow me to answer that question in the way I'm sure many people will end up answering it and save them the trouble...

Because it's been XXX years since we got a coaster and in that time just about every other park in the chain got at least one new coaster and we "deserve" a new coaster because our XXX anniversary is coming up and you know the park has something big planned for our XXX anniversary since we've been so "neglected by the chain" because complain complain complain insert nonsense about how we think the industry works.

In conclusion we need a Hypercoaster or an RMC and not a B&M or a forceless wing rider.

... How did I do?

Allow me to answer that question in the way I'm sure many people will end up answering it and save them the trouble...

Because it's been XXX years since we got a coaster and in that time just about every other park in the chain got at least one new coaster and we "deserve" a new coaster because our XXX anniversary is coming up and you know the park has something big planned for our XXX anniversary since we've been so "neglected by the chain" because complain complain complain insert nonsense about how we think the industry works.

In conclusion we need a Hypercoaster or an RMC and not a B&M or a forceless wing rider.

... How did I do?

Wow, it's like you condensed the past hundred pages of this thread into a single post. Well done!

... How did I do?

You forgot the classic...

¨How come XXXpark got XXX when they just got XXX? If they want XXX to compete with XXX, we must build a $30 million roller coaster, even though the park attendance keeps going up! XXX deserves more than XXX because XXX does better attendance than XXX!!!¨

What people fail to realize is that KD went big with their last coaster and failed. An Intamin giga coaster should not have lines at short as it does.

IMG_0939.jpg.3f8ee3774aff0bf7fef8c0279bb8cb8f.jpg

I305 Opening Day

Blg_SsACAAAXmQG.jpg.615f641268fe3a2e6059894f44d1f1c0.jpg

Banshee Opening Day

Edited by WOFanatic

... How did I do?

You forgot the classic...

¨How come XXXpark got XXX when they just got XXX? If they want XXX to compete with XXX, we must build a $30 million roller coaster, even though the park attendance keeps going up! XXX deserves more than XXX because XXX does better attendance than XXX!!!¨

THIS

Because of that, every time I see this thread bumped up, I cringe.

let us not forget Diamondbacks opening line!

diamondback-42.jpg.a99148ef394af95cae84d56b12fa87b8.jpg

I remember getting off of it at 9:15am walking over to ride beast and seeing that line for Diamondback.

I am surprised the opening day line for I305 was that short.

Wow that's a long line for Diamondback! I'm sure WOFanatic meant KD instead of KI, KI doesn't have a giga yet!

I did, and it´s fixed. Thanks!

I agree with almost everyone here. This thread becomes toxic way too much. I can understand Valleyfair or Worlds of Fun fanboys complaining, as there aren´t many other theme parks within a four hour drive. However, KD has a theme park that is hundreds of times better than it just an hour away (Busch Gardens Willamsburg, or Six Flags America if you want to get shot) that actually builds things on a regular basis. And we all know that when KD builds a new coaster, this thread we still be bumped 40 times a day the year after because the fanboys want something bigger. They are getting as bad as the Disney passholes.

What people fail to realize is that KD went big with their last coaster and failed. An Intamin giga coaster should not have lines at short as it does.

Hmm--KI vs. KD when it comes to waits. Not sure you're making a fair comparison here.

img_0939_7.jpg

KI pulls much larger crowds than KD overall. anyway.

Edited by cfc

... How did I do?

I think this is my favorite post on this forum in a very long time...

KD has a theme park that is hundreds of times better than it just an hour away

I'm actually laughing my ass off at this post, because basically you're wrong.

KD is a great park, and possibly the best landscaped in the CF chain. Its not BG level landscaping for sure, but KD is nice, clean, and has a great selection of coasters too. Often times I just rank BG and KD equally on the whole, and all of this from a person whose homepark is BGW.