TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

A chart released by Cedar Fair for the next five years. So it looks like there will be a TrioTech at some park in 2016. KD maybe in the off chance?

Where did you get that from?

I don't have the link but it's from a Cedar Fair page about their business, revenue, investing and such.

A chart released by Cedar Fair for the next five years. So it looks like there will be a TrioTech at some park in 2016. KD maybe in the off chance?

I thought CF stated there wouldn't be any triotechs this coming year? It also says "digital experience", so perhaps that is in relation with the new virtual reality thing the chain is trying out?

Also here is the link that chart is from: http://ir.cedarfair.com/files/doc_presentations/2015/150811-CP-Analyst-Day-Presentation_PRINT.pdf

Honestly I don't see this virtual reality thing working that well with riders. Either they wouldn't be able to handle it (making them feel sick), the technology wouldn't be reliable, or they just want to focus on the ride itself.

Also the wifi isn't going to be the greatest with thousands in the park using it, unless the connection is strong enough.

If you thought one of the Paramount Parks would be higher than Cedar Point or Knott's, you weren't paying attention. At all.

However, the Paramount Parks are a major part of their business. Canada's Wonderland + Kings Island is more than a quarter of EBITDA. That's not small.

What it shows is why certain parks get more in terms of new attractions. It's pure dollars and cents. Obviously there's room to grow at the smaller parks on that chart, and they're evaluating that and acting accordingly. Carowinds will likely begin to grow and grow, for instance.

How is Dorney on level footing with Carowinds and KD in terms of EBITDA, and if so why don't they have a gigacoaster, or at the very least the world's largest waterpark, given the number of locals that stand in those three-hour slide lines? Logic...

*Edit: I spoke with one of my friends who works in an unspecified department at KD, he/she (identity protection measures) has some close friends in the central KD office and they've overheard talk of next year's SlingShot. If they're right, this means that we will only receive a SlingShot in 2016, not a flat package like some of you had hoped. This probably brings CF's capital investment total (not counting routine maintenance or minor overhauls) since I305 to <$10-15M.

If you thought one of the Paramount Parks would be higher than Cedar Point or Knott's, you weren't paying attention. At all.

However, the Paramount Parks are a major part of their business. Canada's Wonderland + Kings Island is more than a quarter of EBITDA. That's not small.

What it shows is why certain parks get more in terms of new attractions. It's pure dollars and cents. Obviously there's room to grow at the smaller parks on that chart, and they're evaluating that and acting accordingly. Carowinds will likely begin to grow and grow, for instance.

I always knew CP was at the top but not knowing better, Knott's surprised me. Didn't know it was that high up in terms of revenue. Also, I'm surprised that KI makes so much more than the other Paramount parks (excluding CW). I always knew how it worked in terms of attendance and priority, but seeing the revenues gives me a new perspective

How is Dorney on level footing with Carowinds and KD in terms of EBITDA, and if so why don't they have a gigacoaster, or at the very least the world's largest waterpark, given the number of locals that stand in those three-hour slide lines? Logic...

*Edit: I spoke with one of my friends who works in an unspecified department at KD, he/she (identity protection measures) has some close friends in the central KD office and they've overheard talk of next year's SlingShot. If they're right, this means that we will only receive a SlingShot in 2016, not a flat package like some of you had hoped. This probably brings CF's capital investment total (not counting routine maintenance or minor overhauls) since I305 to <$10-15M.

Tbh that's kinda stupid. We already have xtreme skyflyer and now we have to pay for another Ride some people won't get on

Even if that were to be true (which in all likelihood is not), you just pulled that number out of your rear, my friend. This rough calculation will take, oh, thirty seconds tops...

Windseeker... $5 million (min.)

Planet Snoopy... $5 million (min.)

Soak City expansion... $8 million (min.)

Other improvements (which DO count, btw)... $7 million (min.)

That right there is at least $25 million, probably a whole lot more. Kings Dominion is not "neglected" and I'm tired of people complaining otherwise.