TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I waited in a bunch of lines as well. The mouse coaster is one of the worst lines because of the loading policy they have.

I agree....it was the longest line of the day when I went in 2009 (about 45 minutes). I hadn't been to the park in a while so I had no idea about the loading policy.

I went this past summer with my friend Chris on a Sunday and the lines were not bad at all. I if I remember correct the longest lines of the day were the Wild Mouse and the log flume. But I never complain about lines - that is just part of going to a park. UNLESS of course the staff is just being slow and stupid. If they are working hard and trying their hardest to move the lines then I do not complain.

How will capacity be a nightmare when Dorney pretty much never has any lines?

...What park are you going to?

I've been to Dorney tons of times. I've waited on line quite a few times.

Longest I've waited was about 2 hours for Talon. Sure, lines RARELY show up at Dorney, but they indeed exist.

Even though I'm not much of a Dorney fan, I live 5 minutes from the park and visit there more than any other park in a given year. Except for maybe weekend nights in July and August (after WWK has closed for the day), it's extremely rare to find a line more than 15 minutes.

I will agree with the Wild Mouse though. Even if there were only 100 people in the park, that would probably have a 1 hour wait!

A couple of years ago I had a 10 minute wait for the Wild Mouse and the line was in the station and at another park it would have been a 2 minute wait at the most. They need a better loading system with the gates only unlocking for the row that is to board and need to allow 4 teenagers or adults to ride in the same car if they are small. They made 4 small teeange girls split up last year and there is no way they were over the 680 lb weight limit per car.

Even though I'm not much of a Dorney fan, I live 5 minutes from the park and visit there more than any other park in a given year. Except for maybe weekend nights in July and August (after WWK has closed for the day), it's extremely rare to find a line more than 15 minutes.

I agree. The longest line I've waited in this year was 30 minutes for Steel force after WWK closed. And that's with 20+ visits. Don't get me started on the water park lines though...

I can understand that, perhaps Invertigo, being an incredibly short ride, will likely have good capacity.

Longest I waited was 2 hours for Talon. It was a Saturday, so I can understand that.

I sometimes wonder why Steel Force has the shortest waits...I understand that it's at the BACK of the park, but it's the BIGGEST COASTER THERE...I don't know how someone doesn't notice that.

Still, can't wait for Invertigo! I don't know why, but I have a feeling it'll be re-painted, and possibly renamed...

Like I said, I have been there multiple times, and there have been lines each and every time. I must be going on the wrong day(s). The only ride that had no wait, was demon drop because it just opened back up after a long issue(see picture).

The last time we went, we had to park on the grass. That was the day before the east coast bash at kings dominium.

On the topic of dorney park, did they have a falling star ride at one time? I seem to remember there being one there, but did not see it the last time we were there.

1503451034_102_8174(Medium).jpg.9fdedb9a3dd1472999e275560f0538c8.jpg

Demon drop evac.

773275813_102_8204(Medium).jpg.bf19895cde8d3e19ba7e27b516da0576.jpg

The line for hydra was about a half hour.

Saturday's and Sunday's during the summer are totally different from the weekdays at Dorney. If you were there on a Saturday in August, then that was probably one of the top 10 most crowded days of the entire season.

They had a Zamperla Joker ride, it was removed after 2004, some pictures are here:

http://dorneyonline.com/attractions.php?id=jkr

I heard the reasons it was removed were because of maintenance and that is blocked the view of Hydra's Cobra Roll but I don't know how true that is.

If you are ever able to get there during a weekday in the summer, you should have 0 - 5 minute waits for almost everything on the ride side while the waterpark is open.

I have a feeling that Invertigo will be constructed during the summer, and will likely recieve new paint, and possibly a new name.

I definetly believe that it'll be open on Opening Day in 2012.

Let's hope Vekoma has some luck at Dorney...Or it'll be "Deja Vu" (Pun DEFINETLY intended! ) all over again!

^that goes ditto for me because I've been hearing the horror stories of how that coaster keeps breaking down and how a few people got stuck and had to be rescued and even how at Six Flags America a few unlucky riders got sprayed with hydraulic fluids when some hoses came loose, causing them to dismantle the ride and leave an eyesore in that area. But Dorney has been doing well with its hand-me-down rides and I hope that they make sure the new Invertigo runs well with little downtime as possible. As for me, I love to ride any Boomerange ride regardless if it's a sitdown or inverted.

"Are you done yet? I'm getting lonely here."

I love Boomerang rides. I'm lucky enough to have ridden the smoother ones.

Sea Serpent at Morey's, for example. That one is a BIG accomplishment for Vekoma. It's INCREDIBLY smooth, doesn't shuffle, and is a wonderful experience if you want a Boomerang Vekoma that ISN'T rough.

As for Invertigo, I do hope it runs well. With Dorney's ride staff, there's really only been one ride that has troubled Dorney Park, and that's Demon Drop.

But hey, I'm sure a new coaster will not only be refreshing, but definetly help Dorney gain more popularity.

Carolina Cobra has got to be the smoothest boomerang I've ever been on. Those new trains sure do make a big difference. I've only been to Dorney once, but it was a great trip. I have yet to ride Talon though, we didn't have time for it. Invertigo is going to attract a ton of people, especially because the GP has no idea how bad Vekoma's are.

^^ I agree, Sea Serpent is my favorite boomerang.

On another note, how do the Invertigos compare to normal boomerangs?

I've been on a few exactly like it. It's ALOT rougher than boomerangs, and has an AWESOME leg-chopping effect because of the inverted effect.

Still, they're an awful experience compared to the boomerangs like Carolina Cobra or Sea Serpent...

I've only been on Invertigo (CGA), and it was a lot smoother than the other types of boomerangs I've been on (Boomerangs at Knott's and SFDK) and Deja Vu (SFMM). It has more of a shuffling feeling, IMO, similar to a wooden coaster. Its not so much "rough."

I haven't been on any boomerangs yet. I would have if I went to Knott's Berry Farm last winter, but it was raining (missed out on Silver Bullet and Xcelerator too ). Luckily, it seems that Carowinds is marked on my future plans (this summer with Kings Dominion), so this could be my first try.

Kings Island's Invertigo is the only coaster to ever make me puke. Only due to the fact that it was so rough.

Sidewinder at Hershey was really smooth and I loved it. I was not a fan of Carolina Cobra, I actually found it a lot rougher than everyone claims.