TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Cruise Ship and Cruise Line Discussion Thread!

It's only time until they add a bungee jump to one of these. Whether it's via a catwalk/plank walk to the edge (like a pirate ) or using something like that observation lever.

By the way, what about the balancing of the ship when theres a large crane full of people hanging off the side of it. I assume it could very slightly tilt the ship to one side whenever they put it to use?

Beyond the bumper cars and sky diving, I'm actually rather disappointed by this. The whole revolutionary aspect of Oasis was the open central park and boardwalk, as well as the huge promenade. It kinda surprised me to see them dropping them entirely with these ships, as well as dropping ice skating, viking lounge, aqua theater, and the zip line.

However, I do love the 270 dinning room. Of all things, it really amazes me how they can provide amazing views by day and huge theming at night. Just a brilliant combination of food and entertainment somewhat lacked on previous ships.

^I see you're from Ft. Lauderdale, perhaps that's why you don't understand. The ship is very 'Cold-Weather' friendly and will be home ported in NYC where it often snows on the ships. The rumors are that this class (eventual two ships) will spend most of their time in NYC, Europe, and Alaska.

^^It did on the Disney ships with the interior virtual port hole. I assume with this ship, the itineraries offered, and home porting out of NYC we're going to see some REALLY high prices.

Norwegian is home porting the Breakway there as well---maybe that will help keep things somewhat competitive? Realistically they will both probably just charge a fortune, but I can hope...

OMG!! I am in love. I had to look like a nerd today because I was walking around the halls at school with my headphones in and playing the live stream on my phone! All I can say is it was super hard to concentrate today!

My favorite parts of the ship have to be the SeaFlex, SkyDive, Indoor pools, Two70...EVERYTHING. But I am super excited to learn about that pool under the North Star. It looks like the solarium on the Solstice Class on Celebrity which is AMAZING! Really happy that there is not only one pool in a temp. controlled area but TWO! Definitely can't wait to see the renders for the pool areas, just wish they would add some slides already!

Two70 looks incredible, need I say more?

These loft suites on this ship are going to be insane. They will be redesigned and will be positioned on the aft, can you say best view ever? Too bad I'll probably never have the chance to sail on one of those expensive puppies!

Deck plans are here BTW, http://quantumoftheseas.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/meet-the-ship/deck-plans/

Anyone else think the front of the ship looks ugly? I think it's the North Star that makes it look somewhat like a cargo ship! But the back is sexy! Wonder how that thing hanging over the ship will affect the stability, especially in strong seas.

^I see you're from Ft. Lauderdale, perhaps that's why you don't understand. The ship is very 'Cold-Weather' friendly and will be home ported in NYC where it often snows on the ships. The rumors are that this class (eventual two ships) will spend most of their time in NYC, Europe, and Alaska.

So happy this will be in NY! Living here sucks because on top of the expensive cruise ticket, we have expensive plane tickets! Also to the OP, there will still be a ice rink as Adam said in a interview the other day.

Remember everyone, this is just the beginning to what is coming! I can hardly wait to see what the Royal Promenade will look like on this ship. I LOVE ROYAL!

P.S. what the heck happened to the Viking Crown Lounge, that has been a staple on every one of their ships.

Looks awesome to me, though I'm another who's lukewarm on the bumper cars. Quantum seems almost more like the Radiance class in some ways than Oasis, with the packaging, solarium, indoor features, and all-around views in 2seventy. I'd expect to see most if not all of these innovations on the third Oasis vessel they recently ordered.

Quantum has a lot of pros in its favor compared to NCL's Breakaway class, but NCL has been targeting a slightly more mature clientele with its last few ships so all the kiddie attractions probably wouldn't fit in. Curious to see if the third and fourth larger Breakaway ships take more inspiration from Quantum.

Also, I thought I remember reading somewhere that Quantum would be an outgrowth of the Celebrity Solstice class, which itself grew out of Radiance. Anyone know?

^I agree with you guys on the Bumper Cars, I even posted that in the original post, but if you look at it they're doing it very smart. The space is not dedicated to Bumper Cars, they can literally add or take away the cars when they want and it's just a nice sports court. So it's not actually using up valuable real estate and it's something they can easily change out if no one wants to do them. I'm hoping circus school proves more fun and they do that more than the bumper cars!

The multi use space of the bumper car area is cleaver ! Seen bumper cars, circus skills,sports ,roller skating and dancing in that space. think 270 is also a good use of space so much use from one space.

Very excited on the q and a's there are 3 or 4 more reveals to come.

Stu K

Quantum has a lot of pros in its favor compared to NCL's Breakaway class, but NCL has been targeting a slightly more mature clientele with its last few ships so all the kiddie attractions probably wouldn't fit in. Curious to see if the third and fourth larger Breakaway ships take more inspiration from Quantum.

Ehhh, I don't know that I'd call the waterslide package on both Breakaway class ships or the Illusionarium/fireworks setup on NCL Getaway something intended for a "mature" clientele. I think they're both going for roughly the same sort of passengers, they're just slightly different paths to get there.

The fact that iFly is totally free to guests onboard is awesome! That same experience here in Orlando costs over $50 for the two, one-minute flights (along with the training beforehand). I'd definitely take advantage of this if I were on the ship!

Once again, Royal Caribbean continues to impress!

Ehhh, I don't know that I'd call the waterslide package on both Breakaway class ships or the Illusionarium/fireworks setup on NCL Getaway something intended for a "mature" clientele. I think they're both going for roughly the same sort of passengers, they're just slightly different paths to get there.

True. I suppose it just looks like NCL's kids attractions are mostly confined the pool deck. That's how it felt on Norwegian Epic at least.