TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Phantasialand Discussion Thread

Yes, that's a good point! It seems a bit silly (but AMAZING) that they would install two coasters for a single season, but it would make total sense for them to have done the groundwork for a future coaster seeing as it will be a lot harder to do the foundations etc once Taron has been installed.

So if we are going to be seeing a second coaster to go with this Intamin spaghetti do we within it will open with this ride or it will be installed next closed season to open in 2017.

Phantasialand is about perfection. Unlike other parks that first open a coaster, theming a year later, you would not see that at this park.

Every time I see an update, I think "Well it can't get any better than the last time I saw it." ... and every time I am wrong. Each new photo brings something new, and it looks even more amazing. I can't wait to see the end result.

^ It still looks so funny all wrapped up like that. I can not imagine what a nightmare the pull through must be with so much theming every where. You know... as opposed to a "normal" coaster where there is not as much around the track that they have to work around.

Can't wait to see a POV!

^ It still looks so funny all wrapped up like that. I can not imagine what a nightmare the pull through must be with so much theming every where. You know... as opposed to a "normal" coaster where there is not as much around the track that they have to work around.

Can't wait to see a POV!

I bet you ten bucks, that when the ride opens, riders will be wrapped with bubble wrap, and other stuff.

I start to believe this is all just a hoax, the reason why we weren't allowed to make pictures the wrapping of the track and now of the test vehicle, This isn't just a Intamin coaster it's been an Aquatrax all this time. I'm almost certain they're adding water features during winter break.

I start to believe this is all just a hoax, the reason why we weren't allowed to make pictures the wrapping of the track and now of the test vehicle, This isn't just a Intamin coaster it's been an Aquatrax all this time. I'm almost certain they're adding water features during winter break.

What's an Aquatrax?

As part of Taron works River Quest is being refurbished.

From Looopings http://www.looopings.nl/weblog/4614/Phantasialand-vernieuwt-wildwaterbaan-River-Quest.html

"Phantasialand is engaged in the construction of a startling new roller coaster, but that's not all. This winter also restored whitewater River Quest. For the fourteen year old attraction is a big renovation on schedule.In addition, both the technique and the theme underway. It is intended that the "rapid river" thematically later is better suited to launch rollercoaster Taron, which opens in 2016. Both attractions are in the area Mystery theme.River Quest, which opened in 2002, consists of a large medieval castle with a vertical lift and three floors full of rapids and whirlpools.The renovation will last until spring. Phantasialand assumes that the water orbit on March 19 is operational again, confirms a spokeswoman at Looopings. During the winter the attraction is closed anyway. When Taron coaster opens, is not yet known."

The rockwork on the lift tower has already been taken down according a building site update from a german forum.

Wow, Phantasialand seems to have no budgetary limits. When you think that they are done with a new insane-looking Intamin ride, they come up with this random renovation plus a rumoured second new roller coaster...

Woo hoo, new stuff for River Quest!

One of my all-time favourite rapids rides. Anywhere.

IMG_0048.JPG.6d35b114878cffe5b1bbed0549279bf1.JPG

The souvenir of RQ I got. An ashtray, used better as a candy dish.

IMG_0049.JPG.77869c782b47407fd4921b5d7f484c1e.JPG

...And one of the very few souvenirs I have, that is not made anywhere in Asia.