TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

Not shabby when your home IS your brewery. I have four beers on tap at all times, except recently, as I was planning for a party this weekend (Springtoberfest!). So I will be tapping a Festbier, German Pils and a NE Style IPA this Saturday to go along with the Hefe.

1_B5_A4762_dxo.jpg

Continuing down the American path, I was unfortunately far from impressed by this Bad Hops Contract Double IPA from Ska Brewing, definitely not buying this one again...

001.jpg.5362dd88667d7e744f281ebac636dcb6.jpg

Then I much preferred Sierra Nevada's Torpedo Extra IPA, although I liked their Celebration Fresh Hop IPA better.

002.thumb.jpg.08b317073fffb3f60e011ca0098b1197.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Hey, that's awesome, Andrew!!

I haven't tried this one yet...what did you think of it?

They have another one in this series that's chocolate mint...sounds interesting, but I'm a bit skeptical.

Being all commercial here today having a Corona and lime. It's 80 degrees outside and going down pretty good though!

^ That's what I was afraid of with the chocolate mint one as well. I usually stick with their IPA's as they do release a lot of funky stuff like that as well.

Currently sampling Release #3 of their Science Is The Art series - The Psychic Laser, which is an unfiltered double IPA. Good stuff!

20180518_174631.thumb.jpg.ebce42b5ef687beaa5a3573301d32ea6.jpg

Oh nice. I had one of their IPAs at Coastermania, and it was great. Hopefully this one showing up here means we'll soon have more varieties. That's what happened with Founders a couple of years ago, and now just about every place has several varieties from them, and a few bars have even started carrying it on tap.

^ That wouldn't surprise me. A friend that used to live here that now lives in Seattle said that once it showed up there, it started showing up more and more at stores and bars. That's pretty impressive given how big the craft beer scene is in the upper Northwest.

Buy it and they will come, I suppose!

^ Wow...that is funny how we were just talking about that a couple of weeks ago in Branson!

I have actually never tried either one of those - are they any good? As mentioned, I love their IPA, 2XIPA and Unearthly so much that this about the only 12 I buy anymore...keep your eyes out for this one!

It's like $24.99 for a 12 pack, but it's sooooo worth it if you like strong IPA's!

Capture.JPG.3e1b0277ed552398037bf65c2483a033.JPG

I wish that they still had Gemini instead of 2Xsmash, but that one has grown on me.

Yeah, both are great. I think I like the Tangiers a little more, as it's more on the bitter side, which I prefer. The Nu Skool has a shandyish element to it that's really interesting.

I had their IPA and 2XIPA in Ohio, and those two are the whole reason I've been keeping an eye out for their stuff around here ever since.

^ Hmmm...may have to try a 6'er of each or try one on draft at the brewery. I think that their IPA's are the best, but I have had a couple other interesting ones like those that aren't IPA's.

It seems so crazy to think that I used to go to their original brewery (which is just down the railroad tracks from where I work) on Friday's with co-workers and the bar area sat like 6 people and they had maybe five taps and this game that had a ring on a string hanging from the ceiling. You got 3 tries for a buck and if you could pendulum swing it and land it on a hook in the wall, you won a free pint...it was so much fun and I practiced to the point where I could usually land at least one free pint!

Now they have moved across the street and that place has already expanded like 5 times. They have a lodge-style bar, concert area outside, outdoor games like corn-hole and field golf as well as a restaurant. While I love seeing their popularity grow, it was way more fun when no one had ever heard of them...and they had that damn addictive string/hook/ring game!

This sheer delicacy of a beer, an amazing creation that is one of the best beers I've ever had the pleasure of passing by my taste buds!

If you're fortunate enough to find some in the Michigan area during the limited season it's released, buy as much of it as there is! You won't be disappointed!

This sheer delicacy of a beer, an amazing creation that is one of the best beers I've ever had the pleasure of passing by my taste buds!

If you're fortunate enough to find some in the Michigan area during the limited season it's released, buy as much of it as there is! You won't be disappointed!

Backwoods Bastard is year-round now, just so you are aware. No longer a seasonal release.

https://foundersbrewing.com/latest-news/2017/2018-update-backwoods-bastard-and-breakfast-stout-to-be-year-round/

Friday night ciders.

IMAG3392_1.thumb.jpg.92c1b4c4c2bea67e2a359439b46a419d.jpg

Very dry, but very easy to drink.

IMAG3381_1.thumb.jpg.65c5aca4154217e730291602a3220635.jpg

Michigan apples! This was good. Not too dry, nice and tart.

IMAG3398_1.thumb.jpg.b07d074a7b09c8ce3b1b06ffa89e8af1.jpg

The labels are awesome.

IMAG3396_1.thumb.jpg.9bb156ad3ae1d51ac8b41758f9d7e1cd.jpg

Good god this stuff is insane.

IMAG3401_1.thumb.jpg.0334e4f73c5056a6831794fd9079f986.jpg

A rainbow of flavor. Sour citrus hops.