TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just bought one of these 12 packs the other day and having one of the Double Hop IPA's right now.

While not as good as my go-to beer (Southern Tier), it has some pretty damned good beers in it - if you're a hop fan.

Hop.JPG.b35d0b1022ad9a88b91d854f4f60f610.JPG

Mmmmm....hoppy goodness!

^ For some reason, I wasn't a big fan of the Fresh Hop Session IPA, but really liked the others. It seemed a bit too dry and a bit too weak for my tastes. I much preferred the Imperial Fresh Hop Double IPA and thought it to be the best of the bunch.

Now that I think about it, I couldn't imagine drinking a Bud Light or some shit like that if I think that a Sierra Nevada tastes weak to me these days.

What a beer snob I have become.

Oh yeah, haven't had a Bud Light since college. Cleveland pretty well sums up how I feel about it.

I had a triple IPA at Brews & BBQ a couple years ago. I don't remember which brewery, because I had a good time at Brews & BBQ, but it was really good, very strong. There were a few double IPAs too. I like the really hoppy stuff.

Just bought one of these 12 packs the other day and having one of the Double Hop IPA's right now.

While not as good as my go-to beer (Southern Tier), it has some pretty damned good beers in it - if you're a hop fan.

That looks great! We get Sierra Nevada Pale Ale here in Norway, and I quite like that one. I haven't seen anything else from Sierra Nevada here though.

Right now I'm having a "Garden of Eden - Fruit IPA" from Danish brewery To Øl. Quite good stuff!

20180118_194953.thumb.jpg.dbce3e4b90414b59ab4dbd75598a7980.jpg

^ Love that can!

I'm kinda torn when it comes to the can design from To Øl. They make very nice looking cans, but at the same time I like my cans/bottles to have some kind of easy identification on them to what type of beer it is without having to read the small text on the back.

tallheader.jpg

But hey, they make good beer and that's the most important part!

I have just discovered (Manischewitz) blackberry wine. I feel like I should be gritting sugar between my teeth, because this tastes exactly like when you pour an entire thing of sugar into your cup of coffee, except without the coffee. It's also setting off major alarm bells, because something this strongly flavored that contains alcohol just screams "full-money-back guaranteed ticket to vomiting later" (hi, Fireball!).

On the other hand, this is kind of what I secretly wish all wine tasted like.

I'm kinda torn when it comes to the can design from To Øl. They make very nice looking cans, but at the same time I like my cans/bottles to have some kind of easy identification on them to what type of beer it is without having to read the small text on the back.....

And I bet you there are several hundred people, drinking their way through the entire "collection" to get every individually designed can.

It's like the yearly designed boxes for Jose Quervo Tequila, that we saw in the exit patio area (Margaritas!)

of the tour we took through the enterprise. TPR 2013 Mexico Tour.

92392752_ResizeofIMG_1980.JPG.1bc9fab796b77785f9f7208dcc6216df.JPG

Tequila! boxes. P.S. How about changing this thread's title to "What was the last Boozy Beverage you drank?"

(Just a suggestion, thanks.)

Trying a couple of new beers this week. First was Toxic Alevenger Pale Ale from Norwegian brewery Cervisiam. Very cool name and can design, but the citrus flavour was too strong so there wasn't much other flavours. Not bad, but just a bit bland.

Clipboard00.thumb.jpg.a54be1ffec217b689a3150d85e739589.jpg

Right now I'm drinking "The Haze Craze IPA" from Danish brewery To Øl. Once again a very high-quality beer from this brewery, for me this beer has a perfect look and the taste is not far off from being perfect either. This one I'm definitely buying again!

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.66ec9b3af56f539f99a589a732b65fb2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

There have been some pretty crazy stories from my town over the years. We were the site of the first shootout at high noon, which involved Wild Bill Hickock and served as the archetype for Wild West stories for decades. Later a businessman from Springfield invented Route 66 and pitched it to Congress so it conveniently went directly in front of his department store.

Happy weekend y'all! Trying out Old 63 Pilsner from Bur Oak Brewing Co. in Columbia, Missouri. This one doesn't have quite as good a backstory as my last; US-63 is the main north-south route through Columbia. A few years ago the route was moved to a new four lane freeway, and the old two-lane road through the centre of town was renamed "Old 63." Super creative people there at our state's land grant university. Oh well, Mizzou has a good health care system at least. And a racist football programme. But good doctors. Remember they have good doctors and good beer. That's the takeaway here.

20180301_195241.thumb.jpg.2fee1c65e00caf73cf05fdd421360528.jpg

^ Note to self - beer in Missouri is really good!

Me? Staying local with Southern Tier - this is about the only beer that I drink anymore...but like it says on the bottle "Why the hell not?"

Happy Friday everyone!!

Capture.JPG.a165114e376b76db4a4f7cd2872872b4.JPG

Soooo good!

20180302_171702_resized_1.thumb.jpg.a892853e4e8f2f7b9ef84fea725b318e.jpg

I looove that countdown clock!

That's a good beer too, it was at Cedar Point a couple of years ago. IPA is my favourite style, and they make a really good double.

Missouri is about half French and half German, so we actually do have some pretty good beer and wine here. Of course the Busch family were German immigrants, and Budweiser is still a major employer here. In the last 20 years or so, new breweries have popped up all over the state, and I couldn't be happier. On the wine side, St. James Winery makes a damn good Riesling. I may be biased, but I think Missouri makes the best wines on the continent after California.

^ Hehe...yeah, I figured that I would draw some laughs with the clock as well as some whiners that would "take offense" to it.

Have you had any of the wines from the Western NY region? I am no wine aficionado by any means, but a lot of people seem to really like the wines around here as well as from the Finger Lakes region.

If I do drink wine, I prefer a sweeter wine (I know, I know) and they do make a great one called Niagara around here that tastes just like you picked the grapes from the vine.

I also like a semi-sweet Riesling but that is about as dry of a wine as I like to go. lol

And yeah - I am a huge IPA fan too and I find myself not wanting to stray too far from that or a pilsener/lager. I can do a stout every now and again, but I just can't seem to get into the sours and wheat ales. I have given many a try at places like the beer fest at BGE and one of those pay by the ounce, pour your own places - but I just haven't yet found one of those types of beers that doesn't want to make me gag.