TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Was the Last Beer You Drank?

robbalvey

^^Well that was certainly not what I had in mind lol...

Right now I'm enjoying what has definitely become one of my go-to beers, Founders All Day IPA. I really like this beer and it's one that I keep buying.

20170525_224429.jpg.de7b45629ff77039b4b3c37b08ad3ffc.jpg

^ Founders is awesome. If you ever decide go to Michigan and check out Michigan's Adventure, I highly recommend a side tour to Grand Rapids to their brewpub. Great food and great beer!

Oh, and I am having an Elysian Space Dust IPA after buying a 6 pack at Wegmans the other day. A friend of mine lives near the brewery in Seattle, although he said since Inbev bought it, the quality of the beer has deteriorated from what it used to be.

It's an okay IPA, but no where near as good as my Southern Tier!

Capture.JPG.7ada61b778fc41c8f4fffebfc23682aa.JPG

^ Founders is awesome. If you ever decide go to Michigan and check out Michigan's Adventure, I highly recommend a side tour to Grand Rapids to their brewpub. Great food and great beer!

Yup, very pleased that this one is available in the shelves here in Norway. As for the brewpub thing it sounds awesome, but if I make it across the Atlantic again I think Michigan is rather far down on my list of places to visit...

^^Well that was certainly not what I had in mind lol...

Right now I'm enjoying what has definitely become one of my go-to beers, Founders All Day IPA. I really like this beer and it's one that I keep buying.

Sweet! That's one I buy pretty often too. Helps that they're pretty new in the Ozarks and pretty aggressively marketing it here. You can almost always find it on sale around $7.50 per 6, $15 per 12, or $18 per 15 (cans only). Great IPA at a great price, so i keep coming back.

I went by Karbach brewery yesterday in Houston. They been in the local news lately because they sold to InBev but they promise they would stay the same.

IMG_1730.thumb.JPG.7c3ae50f7f7d7f7adab085aa9e3240ed.JPG

Karbach Here comes the Sun, a very strong beer that was delicious

^It's about $5 per bottle for it here... but everything that includes alcohol is really expensive here in Norway!

Holy crap. Bar or package store?

And I'm currently trying out the Sweetwater IPA. Very good, on the dry side, which I like in an IPA. We don't have this in the Ozarks, but I'm currently in Chattanooga, not too far from Atlanta, where this is brewed. One of the great things about traveling is trying the local firewater.

^It's about $5 per bottle for it here... but everything that includes alcohol is really expensive here in Norway!

Thats from the supermarket shelf. In a bar it would be more expensive. A beer in a bar in Norway normally ranges from $7-12, depending on what type of beer. I haven't seen Founders in any of the bars here, but I would guess around $8-$9 for a bottle if that were the case.

Of course you're standard draft lager/pilsner is not quite as expensive in the stores. For example a 0,5 liter can of beer from Hansa (one of the largest breweries in Norway) is currently at $3,8 in the shelf. But compared to other countries I guess it's still pretty damn expensive.

Thats from the supermarket shelf. In a bar it would be more expensive. A beer in a bar in Norway normally ranges from $7-12, depending on what type of beer. I haven't seen Founders in any of the bars here, but I would guess around $8-$9 for a bottle if that were the case.

Of course you're standard draft lager/pilsner is not quite as expensive in the stores. For example a 0,5 liter can of beer from Hansa (one of the largest breweries in Norway) is currently at $3,8 in the shelf. But compared to other countries I guess it's still pretty damn expensive.

Ouch. $3.80 would get you a 6 pack of the cheap stuff here. Not that it would be worth it, but still....

Last beer I had was Yuengling. We don't have it at home, so even though it's not super great, it's still kind of a thing when traveling east of the Mississippi.

Ouch. $3.80 would get you a 6 pack of the cheap stuff here. Not that it would be worth it, but still....

Last beer I had was Yuengling. We don't have it at home, so even though it's not super great, it's still kind of a thing when traveling east of the Mississippi.

Speaking of cheap stuff, I went to my local Kroger today and I saw that a 30 pack of Hamm's was $11.99 (!!!). Even cheaper than Natty Light or the Beast

I know that very well Here in Switzerland its very similar with alcohol. Not as crazy expensive but still not cheap. In a bar it can happen that a normal beer is also between 6-7$. You're getting also ripped off if you want to have a special foreign beer, which can set you back around 10$

But just as you said. When you're getting the cheap can beer. You'll get 24x 0,5l for 14$

A few randoms I've been drankin

IMAG6743.thumb.jpg.d705eee35d998b3827ba367557444b1c.jpg

I'm a huge fan of wheat beers, this was just OK.

IMAG6744.thumb.jpg.23ac2a3abbcaaddc4b5a38087a3eae89.jpg

Awesome

IMAG6746.thumb.jpg.c5e1e22424434c45764a7404e97f7ca7.jpg

Delish

IMAG6996.thumb.jpg.16543eb6fa570fad6dcf2a1c18ba376a.jpg

I chugged this like it was water. Very tasty.

IMAG7003.thumb.jpg.ab31c03c3d663ff010308c7cd78d841f.jpg

A number of people raved about this but I just thought it was OK. I'm just getting into sours.

IMAG7029.thumb.jpg.acf5f0b2c1bbc52316e86f1537f92919.jpg

Holy crap this stuff is incredible.

I really like 1664 Blanc, I think it's a great beer. However, yesterday me and a buddy tried 1664 Blanc "Fruits Rouges" and bloody hell what an absolute f**king disgusting beer! We didn't even manage to finish one bottle between the two of us! Never again!

20170609_173640.thumb.jpg.8c17c245269dd7ec09fecc9c3efbc20f.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of Founders All Day IPA, which is available in the supermarket shelf here in Norway. I was therefore rather excited when I on a recent trip to Denmark found Founders Centennial IPA in the shelf there, so I bought two six-packs and brought back home with me. Although I do prefer their All Day IPA, this was also an excellent beer. I really like this brewery!

20170701_222948.thumb.jpg.d2b1e2f8a4cac26f2c40c5b4181dae21.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Founders All Day IPA, which is available in the supermarket shelf here in Norway. I was therefore rather excited when I on a recent trip to Denmark found Founders Centennial IPA in the shelf there, so I bought two six-packs and brought back home with me. Although I do prefer their All Day IPA, this was also an excellent beer. I really like this brewery!

If you ever get to Founders during the summer season, Shivering Timbers is only an hour (or less) away!

• 3 weeks later...

New beer from my local brewery, Gateway Addictive IPA 6% from 7 Fjell. Not the most exciting IPA, but still a good beer.

I also have to say that their new cans don't look as good as their bottles.

20170725_203953.jpg.f4e1be0c02caada9c6d6dd72ffec36e0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...