TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Recommend an App!

Wes

I'm an astronomy nerd, but I really enjoy Sky Walk and Solar Walk on the iPad. When working with the telescope neither are going to replace a traditional Star Atlas. However it does a good job of giving you a general idea of where things are and gives some great information about the objects yours looking at. The back light does cause some havoc with my night vision however, even in "red mode." The telrad mode is also really useful!

Now if you're looking for a "boring app" I can't say enough good about iAnnotate. If you work with a lot of PDF's this is really a fantastic program. I'm already amazed at how much money this one is saving me in printing costs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naaah. But seriously, Tiny Tower. If management games pique your interest, you can't go wrong with this one. It's slow to start, for sure, and it does get redundant, but there's no better game to play in tiny increments.

Absolutely this. It's the only "Free-to-Play, Pay-to-go-Fast" game I've ever let near my phone, and for good reason: it's the only one that doesn't make you feel like an illegal immigrant for not buying "coins" or "bux". Game's fully playable for free, and a boatload of fun. I absolutely love it, and definitely recommend it to...everyone really.

• 3 weeks later...

I am updating my list of recommended apps:

Angry Birds (All 4 Editions): Shoot those dastardly pigs and make sure they regret being born (All versions $0.99)(Some have free versions)

Draw Something: Draw a picture and have your friend guess, or vice-versa. ($0.99 or $1.99)(Also a free version)

Jetpack Joyride: Dodge lasers and zappers as you collect coins in this fun little game (Free)

Paper Toss (All 3 Versions): Throw some paper into a garbage can in this very addicting game (All are free)

The Price is Right Decades: Play many of the classic pricing games and win showcases - VERY ADDICTING ($0.99)

Temple Run: Escape the hybrid monkey-spider things as you avoid dying (Free)

• 1 month later...

Don't have many that are great but the one I use the most is from Family Tree. I'm into Genealogy and I can do research from my iphone or ipad and it will automatically sync to my desktop.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Anybody else playing The Simpsons Tapped Out?

Hanno, I know you posted about this months ago, but I just heard about The Simpsons Tapped Out last week! Of course I downloaded it and I'm already addicted to it.

And for those of you who have not, download the Roller Coaster Trivia app. You won't be disappointed.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came across "Waze". It is a traffic app. This is one of my most used apps. Basically it is people around your location that send traffic notifications in and around your location. You can also send the notification. Drivers helping other drivers. Police, accidents, heavy traffic, road hazards. It will voice alert you if you are approaching an accident within a few miles of the route you are traveling on. My work schedule puts me in the heart of rush hour morning and evening. My drive is 35 miles plus each way. It has been extremely helpful. It has helped me avoid heavy traffic, accidents. It gives me time to find an alternate route.

LetterPress is an amazing word game that you guys should try out. It's really fun and involves more strategy than the standard mobile word game. It's free but you can pay if you want more than 2 games going at once. SpaceTeam is another amazing iOS game revolves around multiplayer play with others in the same room as you. You have to tell your friends what to operate on their own control panel while trying to take commands for your own in order to fly your space ship through various hazards. It's completely free so I'd recommend giving it a try with some friends or family members.