TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2010 Trips Questionnaire - PLEASE FILL THIS OUT!!!

wow, i forgot about the world cup, that would make the UK trip extra epic, i've only been alive long enough to remember a few the atmosphere really is amazing. it will be nice to be in england for some of it to, rather than up here in scotland... its not quite the same.

Now i'm even more excited!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Thanks Divv!

I always try to think of EVERYTHING when planning these trips.

Also, I love our participants that they're not just 'get the credits and leave' type people. That's why I try to find other fun activities (Ropes Course, Go Karts, Beach Parties, etc.) for us to all do together.

We also love input from others as well! For example Gisco mentioned after the 2006 UK Trip that he thought the guidebook was a little hard to read because it was small, so the next year and for all future trips we upped the size to a full 8.5 x 11 guidebook!

Little things make the difference and we try to provide you as much as possible!

I always try to think of EVERYTHING when planning these trips.

Also, I love our participants that they're not just 'get the credits and leave' type people. That's why I try to find other fun activities (Ropes Course, Go Karts, Beach Parties, etc.) for us to all do together.

Like holding Pandas!

^^You got to give them some more time to think. It's not like boom boom boom their done. Haha, but that could come in handy...

I got a tip...we went to Gatlinburg in the Smokey Mountains, they have some alpine sleds, I am not sure if you care about this stuff, but that is in the area. 20 minutes from Dollywood tops. Sorry if you didn't need my advice, haha. But contact me if you wanted to know more...

No I didn't think everything was allready done.

I was like asking for tips and suggestions for fun things to do during that trip.

Thanks, Jerrykoala2112, your tip is one i really like. Alpine sleds are really great rides with lots of fun. And we are able to see something from the beatiful Smokey Mountains.

Some maybe there are more people with tips like this.

Hm... Interesting...

I had a thought of going on a trip next year, and I had my mind set on the UK seeing as I have now been there (know the place with friends, then do it with "strangers"). However, the European trip looks cheaper (and closer) so I may go for that one. I'm not gonna commit myself until like the last minute when I know my economy has reached at least maybe $2500, the price hasn't changed much, and maybe once I know some other details. 8-days does sound like a reasonable time for a beginner like me.

And maybe I should mention that I'm not a sports fan, so if I'm on a trip I hope there won't be a huge hulubaloo or stress in getting back to a hotel to catch a game and ending people's fun abruptly. Or maybe find a non sports fan who can act as leader for those who stay behind who can guide people back to the hotel if needed.

/Edward

Has TPR done everything I have done? Seriously! There is something new I learn from here everyday! I think you guys haven't gone to Oland Djurspark, I have but I prey you guys haven't. Haha.

Do you guys every do any like cavern tours or anything like that? Or like National Park stops if you were driving by. Like Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Etc...?

^^^Yes, UK and Europe will be back to back. We have several people doing both trips. Originally we called Europe an 'add on', but that didn't really seem fair to the trip as it's a quality stand alone trip!

^^This is really not the thread to talk about random stuff that we may or may not do on trips. Maybe save all your questions for when we do a trip questions chat.

^Holland, yes. Amsterdam, no. Sorry Ben...Looks like you'll actually have to try to get some the old fashioned way!

^^^Yes, UK and Europe will be back to back. We have several people doing both trips. Originally we called Europe an 'add on', but that didn't really seem fair to the trip as it's a quality stand alone trip!

hmm, doing both trips sounds like a really good idea, although i didn't put both in the questionnaire.

will there be a combined price for the 2 together, taking into account of the flight between the end and start points of both trips or would that have to be arranged on your own?

Once you are in Europa Park you won't want to leave for anything. Trust me.

The park is amazing, and has some great museums and info about Mack Rides already.

Mmmm Europa Park...

And don't forget the Mille Miglia bar in the Colloseo hotel

PS : I'm curious to know the dates you'll be staying at Europapark. I actually already booked a room for 3 nights at Colloseo beginning of July 2010 for my kids, wife and I. I would be great to be able to say hello to you over there.

Ok, a bunch of questions and comments to address...

- Don't have dates confirmed yet so I don't want to post anything and mislead people. We'll announce detailed itinerary closer to the trip so we can meet up with some locals if they're interested.

- We will have an option to combine the UK and Europe Trip (with a small discount for doing both!) plus the option for us to book your 'internal' flight so we're all together.

- Once signups are complete we will talk a bit more about the Europe trip. I know some people were interested in adding stuff on like one or two more parks, Disney, etc. I doubt we'll do anything official, but we did toy with the idea to add one more day to hit one additional park if everyone who signs up wants to do that.

- As for adding Disney and costs for that. It varies widly based on where you want to stay, how many days, how you're getting there, etc. I would say you could do it as cheap as about $250 (one day ticket, transport there, one night hotel) and of course a lot more. This is all stuff we can talk about and help you with more once you're signed up for the trip.

Hope that address the last few questions!

Well this is a difficult one.

I have already signed up for a US tour with the European Coaster Club, wich ends on June 20th (Which is pretty close to the "Intimidator" trip in the term of parks visiting).

So if the Uk trip starts on the 21st or later this could be a nice addition to my vacation.

I am also insanly keen on the European trip as well.

I have saved up for a new car, but I am more than willing to swap that with three weeks on the road with Theme Park Review & (new)friends(?).