TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TPR 2010 Trips Questionnaire - PLEASE FILL THIS OUT!!!

^^I don't want to give out exact dates until we have everything finalized but I can tell you for almost certain that the UK trip will start around Friday, June 18th. Europe will follow around Monday, June 28th so that may be a better bet for you.

^I don't know what you mean. Middle America is 12 days and Intimidator is 8 days.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he meant Northeast USA and Intimidator.

Northeast is one day shorter than Intimidator and the answer is pretty obviously that Northeast has more multi-park days.

And shorter drives on the NE Tour.

Just take a quick look at a map of where we're going on the Intimidator tour and you'll figure out that there we are covering a LOT of mileage in that time.

--Robb

^

Yeah imagine the Mille Miglia bar with Holland against Germany on a big screen TV. That would really be amazing.

---Hans

Just as good as seeing the germans loose against the spanish on a big screen TV at the Phantasialand saloon at the 2008 main europe trip...

I'm still sad that Holland did not win from Rusia because than the dutch would be playing the quater final while we visited Amsterdam.

Does anyone know the estimated coaster count for each trip?

I haven't seen a lot of posts about pros and cons of doing Europe vs UK other than time/money... (Other than emails with Elissa) Anyone else have opinions on what they consider the better coaster trip?

Language Barrier? All you need to do is buy a basic phrase book, or use the phrases that Robb & Elissa provide in trip guides. Saying yes and no in a foreign language isn't rocket science!

In terms of rollercoasters i'd say the UK has the better bunch (I thought Exp.GeForce was a bit pants), however Eftling and Europa Park are stunning places filled with all sorts of delights.

Mirabilandia also has Katun and a new accelerator coaster. Gardaland isn't bad, the theming is nice, shame the rides are a bit lacklustre.

I haven't seen a lot of posts about pros and cons of doing Europe vs UK other than time/money... (Other than emails with Elissa) Anyone else have opinions on what they consider the better coaster trip?

Along with what Ginzo said I would think that the UK trip would be a more "complete" set of parks.

Meaning that we're not really leaving anything major out of the UK trip.

This Europe trip, however, kind of assumes you've been to mainland Europe before and have hit some of the majors that we'll be skipping by this time around (Heide Park, Movie Park, Toverland, etc, etc) and is more geared for those people who have "Been to many Europe parks before, but want to hit a few new ones or the parks that have added something major in the last year or two."

If you look at the list of parks almost all of them are either parks that a TPR tour hasn't gone to before (Italy) or repeat parks that got/will get something new either in 2009 or 2010.

We *WILL* be doing a repeat of our 2008 Mainland Europe tour, which hit ALL the major parks at some point in the next few years.

--Robb

Language Barrier? All you need to do is buy a basic phrase book, or use the phrases that Robb & Elissa provide in trip guides. Saying yes and no in a foreign language isn't rocket science!

You'll need more than nein und ja to order food at many snack stands in German parks. I've hit the language barrier many times in Germany.

You're right that it's not a huge deal, but for a first time traveler the UK makes a lot of sense. In addition to an hour less jet lag, London is the easiest city to fly into from the US. It's also great for adding on some extra days and doing some sightseeing.

^ With all that driving does this mean less time in certain parks? Because I was rather surprised when I looked at a map and realized how far apart some of those parks are from one another.

Long TPR bus trip drives are great! We had a few 4-5 hour drives in Texas (not sure how long that is compared to usual TPR trip drives) but it really gives you the chance to meet everyone (and not just talk about coasters!) I'm glad we had those drive because I would have never gotten to become good friends with a BUNCH of people on the Texas Trip.

I can't wait until 2010! TPR trips are the best ever!!!

^If it opens.

The one thing that sold me to go back to Europe was Europa Park.

I never really found the language barrier to be too bad. Most places the staff could help us stupid americans trying to figure out what to eat or they had picture that we could point to. THe one time I was baffled was at a rest area, thanfully Erik came along and translated for us.

I always thought that nearly all the germans do understand enough english to have a "little" conversation and understand you food orders...

If not, I´m a little dissapointed, to be honest...

GeorgeT

(P.S. I`m sorry if that was a little off topic...)

^^George, we've traveled a lot through Europe and to be honest the Germans know the LEAST amount of English of any of the western European and Scandinavian countries.

They're all polite, friendly, and helpful, but I can tell you for sure that Germany is the hardest country for a 'typical American Coaster Enthusiast' to deal with.

That being said, we've never had a problem, and it's led some of us to try new foods when what we get isn't what we thought we ordered!

I always thought that nearly all the germans do understand enough english to have a "little" conversation and understand you food orders...

If not, I´m a little dissapointed, to be honest...

If it makes you feel any better, Germans speak English a lot better than we speak German.

Ultimately, the traveler should make an effort to learn the polite local words, but it becomes difficult to do this when you blitz a lot of countries in a few weeks. Those moments when you hit that complete language barrier, though embarrassing at the time, are usually memorable later on.

Keep in mind counts will vary based on: how you count, new rides, rides that are down, add on's, etc.

To be on the safe saide I would say that the UK trip will have at least 50 credits and the Europe Trip will have at least 25 credits.

^I believe we had 29 meals included in Scandi, but who's counting.

You, apparently?

Oh, we never said we're not coming to Japan in 2010, just maybe not as a TPR tour!

Hmm, I'm sure I heard you say about four weeks ago that next year was going to be the first in a while without a trip to Asia. I guess your resolve didn't last too long then?

This is why TPR trips are better than anything else like it in the world!!!

You know, you're spot on with this. I've taken group trips with ACE, ECC, RCCGB, and TPR -- and I reckon the three best trips I've done to date to have been my three with TPR.

One thing the 2010 Mainland Europe trip has going for it is the chance to ride the current fastest coaster on Earth.

Assuming of course that it hasn't blown up at least three times between now and then...