Coraline

A Clockwork Orange

Requiem for a Dream

Donnie Darko

The Mist

Planet Terror

The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

I have to say that this is a KILLER list!! Some of my faves are there as well. LOVED REPO!The Genetic Opera. Everyone should see it.

The Hunger is still at my #1 spot for pure beauty, hotness and David Bowie. Here are a couple more:

Orlando (Tilda Swinton is amazing in this.)

Chainsaw Sally (independant filmmaking is an art and an acquired taste.)

ZOMBIE STRIPPERS (I can't express how awesome this movie is. Truly, not even being sarcastic - rented it last week and am planning on a purchase this week.)

Battle Royale (Japanese Action Film)

David

Lou- I don't know how I missed this, five years ago, but I LOVE that you listed Drop Dead Fred! I love that movie! (I know several people in it, as it was filmed in Minneapolis while I was living there, working in theatre. My ex-boyfriend is in several scenes!)

In no particular order

Airplane!

50 First Dates

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

Lion King

Pocahontas

Hunchback of Notre Dame

Requiem for a Dream

Zombieland

Shawn of the Dead

Castaway

Batman the Dark Knight

The Toy Story Triology

Magnolia.

"The tale told at a 1961 awards dinner for the American Association Of Forensic Science by Dr. Donald Harper, president of the association, began with a simple suicide attempt. Seventeen-year-old Sydney Barringer. In the city of Los Angeles on March 23, 1958. The coroner ruled that the unsuccessful suicide had suddenly become a successful homicide. To explain: The suicide was confirmed by a note, left in the breast pocket of Sydney Barringer. At the same time young Sydney stood on the ledge of this nine-story building, an argument swelled three stories below. The neighbors heard, as they usually did, the arguing of the tenants and it was not uncommon for them to threaten each other with a shotgun, or one of the many handguns kept in the house. And when the shotgun accidentaly went off, Sydney just happend to pass. Added to this, the two tenants turned out to be: Faye and Arthur Barringer. Sydney's mother and Sydney's father. When confronted with the charge, which took some figuring out for the officers on the scene of the crime, Faye Barringer swore that she did not know that the gun was loaded. A young boy who lived in the building, sometimes a visitor and friend to Sydney Barringer, said that he had seen, six days prior, the loading of the shotgun. It seems that the arguing and the fighting and all of the violence was far too much for Sydney Barringer, and knowing his mother and father's tendency to fight, he decided to do something. Sydney Barringer jumps from the ninth floor rooftop. His parents argue three stories below. Her accidental shotgun blast hits Sydney in the stomach as he passes the arguing sixth-floor window. He is killed instantly but continues to fall, only to find, three stories below, a safety net installed three days prior for a set of window washers that would have broken his fall and saved his life if not for the hole in his stomach. So Faye Barringer was charged with the murder of her son, and Sydney Barringer noted as an accomplice in his own death. And it is in the humble opinion of this narrator that this is not just "Something That Happened." This cannot be "One of Those Things... ” This, please, cannot be that. And for what I would like to say, I can't. This Was Not Just A Matter Of Chance. Ohhhh. These strange things happen all the time."

That's what I think of every time I see a long, dim, hallway... like the one that was in the apartment building I used to live in. I pointed it out to my girlfriend at the time and she said, "Jesus Christ, I don't want to think about that walking here."

I like to watch war type movie. I like all Hollywood's war movie. But, I like more "Gladiator" which is amazing movie. I have never seen this kind of movie still. Its my all time favourite movie. I like also Troy, 300 and The lords of the Rings (all parts). They are also nice war movies.

Finding Neverland : This movie just touched my heart. Johnny Depp did it once again, and this time, he did a perfect job by playing the brilliant James Barrie.

Spirited Away (or in french, Le Voyage de Chihiro) : Miyazaki is amazing.

Mary Poppins : The original Disney's stuff from the 1950's. What a great thing ... I really love this.

Philadelphia : This movie makes me sad, but in some way, it's a great great movie about AIDS and homosexuality.

A.I, Artificial Intelligence : Amazing. Just amazing.

Well, I think these are my favourites movies so far. They are very famous, but some of them are touching, brilliant, ... So beautiful.

My absolute favorite movie ever is Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I could watch that movie all day and not get sick of it. A few other personal favorites include Ratatouille, The Incredibles, Napoleon Dynamite (hate me all you want, I love it!), Cloverfield (see Napoleon Dynamite), and Fight Club.

"...His name is Robert Paulson."

Its hard to just pick one (or even a few) movie that I consider my favorite.

But there are movies I can watch over and over and still love them.

Number 1 being V for Vendetta.

Others include:

The Hangover

Jurassic Park

Any Harry Potter movie (although Goblet of Fire is my fave)

Any Pixar film

Most Disney films

Dark Knight

And as for movies that people love that I absolutely hate...2001 A Space Odyssey.

• 2 weeks later...