TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

There is already a POV of Sky Screamer up.

Not gonna lie, this may be the first time in about a decade I have been legit intimidated by a ride. Slingshot towards the front of the park doesn't even bother me that much. But there is something about watching this pov knowing that they are being held up 200 feet in the air by chains. Does it feel as bad as it looks? Maybe I'm wrong?

^ Call me odd ( ! ) but I have done the swings in Orlando and was fine with it. A bit unnerving, but overall quite pleasant. However, All the Cedar Fair Windseekers I have been on freak me out. I am not sure what it is, maybe on Windseekers I can feel myself sliding in the seat, and at 300 feet, shivers. ( and their early record of breakdowns, that high up, evac equipment nearby, ugh) Where as on the swings with chains my butt stays firmly planted , I dunno.

This my first time on one. It runs two cycles, all the way up at one speed, comes down 3/4 of the way and goes back up at a higher speed. Everything becomes a blur at that point.

Noticed some new stand signage, specifically the funnel cake stand by Silver Bullet and a few others.

As far as todays ride closures, no surprises.

20190519_174337.thumb.jpg.f1a8ce535c84d8b4c09d3162f4df063a.jpg

And for the record, the Predator re-track is too small a section to make it enjoyable. Its only the last curve and it seems as though they did it to slow it down a bit.

Is it safe to assume that if they are retracking Predator still under Six Flags management, that must mean they will probably never give Predator the RMC hybrid conversion treatment?

And for the record, the Predator re-track is too small a section to make it enjoyable. Its only the last curve and it seems as though they did it to slow it down a bit.

Is it safe to assume that if they are retracking Predator still under Six Flags management, that must mean they will probably never give Predator the RMC hybrid conversion treatment?

The only major thing they did was rebuild the last curve. Its far from being an extensive enough refurb to not remove or renovate it. The ride still sucks overall. I doubt the new work cost much more than a couple thousand dollars.

Ideally, absent a RMC conversion, this would be the next major work done to it.

sonofbeast2.jpg.0d844cfbd16bce13b0bb23f17feb50b3.jpg

^ I saw it last night and have to admit I enjoyed this one more than I was expecting to.

Big thing to note for those who care, this year the show is not sponsored. Whether this means Six Flags didn’t find it necessary anymore (which I don’t think is the case), or Tops simply wasn’t interested anymore (which I’d assume is more likely), I don’t know. Though there was a split second Pepsi Ad during the Havana segment.

Since I’ve been a huge fan of the show for the past 11 years and have seen the show at least 4 times every year since 2008 (admittedly WAY too much in the past couple years), I’d have to say this was one of my favorite editions of the production since I’ve been interested in it.

Maybe it’s just the increased funds to the show (assuming maybe that happened?) but the graphics and animations seemed better, the laser effects from the FOH beams were more customized and specific (especially during Havana and the Dua Lipa song - the one with the lighting strikes) which was really cool and appreciated as one of my largest criticisms of the show has been that they don’t use their gear to its fullest potential.

Also, Six Flags specific - they actually have preferred seating for the show? That’s great! No more needing to carry in heavy annoying camping chairs from the main entrance, thank goodness!

9AF72884-D9AB-4817-A9F8-3D17F72C8D2B.thumb.jpeg.1dac1ccbfbcd25c94318488a3b67fbe7.jpeg

ABF8AC15-4A44-4EAE-A5FB-3BB876A436E9.thumb.jpeg.c2c437cfbe0485673d49555fca76cc26.jpeg

F595B405-A055-4597-B101-D0E8AB8A8D61.thumb.jpeg.3e3c4ad86e899a76f70f3fd9cd2a7157.jpeg

633552AD-46CB-4E26-9156-9D0DD511E18F.thumb.jpeg.6f72ff77e77f3eca8283e55b0dc9c037.jpeg

D0AFE25B-946A-4653-9E42-101E3D9DE1D4.thumb.jpeg.3db253211c0513d73ecb0d0b77fa64f0.jpeg

^ I saw it last night and have to admit I enjoyed this one more than I was expecting to.

Big thing to note for those who care, this year the show is not sponsored. Whether this means Six Flags didn’t find it necessary anymore (which I don’t think is the case), or Tops simply wasn’t interested anymore (which I’d assume is more likely), I don’t know. Though there was a split second Pepsi Ad during the Havana segment.

Since I’ve been a huge fan of the show for the past 11 years and have seen the show at least 4 times every year since 2008 (admittedly WAY too much in the past couple years), I’d have to say this was one of my favorite editions of the production since I’ve been interested in it.

Maybe it’s just the increased funds to the show (assuming maybe that happened?) but the graphics and animations seemed better, the laser effects from the FOH beams were more customized and specific (especially during Havana and the Dua Lipa song - the one with the lighting strikes) which was really cool and appreciated as one of my largest criticisms of the show has been that they don’t use their gear to its fullest potential.

Also, Six Flags specific - they actually have preferred seating for the show? That’s great! No more needing to carry in heavy annoying camping chairs from the main entrance, thank goodness!

Tops probably pulled out of the advertising after filing for bankruptcy. They’re probably trying to trim some fat off their advertising budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ Yes indeed - same guy

^^ in years past Wegmans and Labatt Blue also sponsored the show, I’m surprised neither of them signed back on. But seeing how well the show was produced this year, I don’t know that either would need to. Are other six flags shows sponsored?

It's Six Flags. If there's an opportunity for paid product placement, there will be paid product placement.

Hence why it’s surprising that there is no sponsor for the show at all. I could be wrong but this is the first time in recent memory that there is not a sponsor for the laser show. At least for the past 10-15 years the show has been sponsored by either Tops, Wegmans or Labatt Blue. Yet this year, there is no big sponsor at all.

I wonder if Tops just dropped sponsorship too late in the game for Darien to get another sponsor to cover for them. Which also makes me wonder if they’ll change where you can get discount tickets. Since for the last few years I’m pretty sure it’s been exclusively Tops

Crazy Quilt, no contest. Followed by Cascade Canyon or Floodgate Falls. I liked UFO but not sure how I would handle it now that im older. I wonder what happened to the restoration plan for it.

UFO, Crazy Quilt (Rodeo Roundup? Or was that Corn Popper? What was crazy quilts new name? [emoji849]), SeaStorm (Raging Seas [emoji849] )(back when they manually controlled the spinning direction not the crappy automatic version) and NIGHTMARE @ Phantom Cave were all great rides. I thought Nightmare was dumb as a kid (or maybe the 6 hour wait tainted my opinion) but if it were still at the park today I think I'd feel positively of it.

Pray for the light of day.[emoji769]

UFO, Crazy Quilt (Rodeo Roundup? Or was that Corn Popper? What was crazy quilts new name? [emoji849]), SeaStorm (Raging Seas [emoji849] )(back when they manually controlled the spinning direction not the crappy automatic version) and NIGHTMARE @ Phantom Cave were all great rides. I thought Nightmare was dumb as a kid (or maybe the 6 hour wait tainted my opinion) but if it were still at the park today I think I'd feel positively of it.

Pray for the light of day.[emoji769]

Rodeo RoundUp was Corn Popper's other name. Crazy Quilt was removed when they built the Emporium and they moved Lasso there. Crazy Quilt's cars made a Halloween appearance about 10 yrs ago.