TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

Guys, I don't think that it's that big of a deal that I want them to at least act like the ride is important.

They’re not going to. If this ride gets ANY main attention it would be IF they turned it back into Superman (I. E. Superman: The Ride)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Park has been open for 5 days..... Several rides aren't even ready for the season yet. The employees are still learning how to do their jobs. And somebody actually thinks they should have already celebrated a ride's Birthday....

I want them to at least act like the ride is important.

Nitro did the most annual riders of any ride in the chain until Magic Mountain went to a 365 day operating schedule. it hasn't been painted since it opened and it runs on rusted square wheels. The queue and station look like they're behind an abandoned GM factory in Flint, Michigan.

Kingda Ka is the tallest coaster in the world. There's not a single sign advertising that fact. The ride desperately needs paint. It's attached to the world's tallest drop ride. There are no signs advertising that fact either.

El Aserradero was the first log flume, there are no signs telling you this and the original flume just sits there rotting for a few years at a time until they randomly open it for a few weeks and then close it and repeat process

None of these rides ever received a single cupcake. They tragically remain cupcakeless to this day.

Edited by coasterbill

Viper had a sign from the start of the season, Mind Erasers sign got a retro paint job. For God sakes Corn Popper got a massive banner. It would draw more older fans back to Ride of Steel like it did my mother on it's 15th.

Viper had a sign from the start of the season, Mind Erasers sign got a retro paint job. For God sakes Corn Popper got a massive banner. It would draw more older fans back to Ride of Steel like it did my mother on it's 15th.

^Haven't you mentioned that you work there? When you told your manager about this idea, what did they say?

Edited by Wagon127

My manager is the only person in the park who's ever brought up Ride of Steel's 20th, I'm still in training though.

On your first day, bring in the cupcakes yourself!

I can assure you right now, Darien Lake is the lowest on the list of priorities on Six Flags branded parks.

From what I was told, we're gonna be pretty high tier.

Yes, they’re going to put a park in BUFFALO NEW YORK over Los Angeles, New York, Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, San Antonio, Phoenix, Houston, Atlanta, Washington D.C. I don’t see why DL would be “high tier”

From what I was told, I'm pretty high.

FTFY

Funny, there's already another park in New York that's more family style, so we're supposedly gonna do everything we can to her attendance up. AKA a fairly large ride every year.

From what I was told, I'm pretty high.

FTFY

Funny, there's already another park in New York that's more family style, so we're supposedly gonna do everything we can to her attendance up. AKA a fairly large ride every year.

That other park in New York is across the state in Lake George, its one of my home parks, it’s also not Six Flags branded

I think it's most reasonable to expect a level of attention to SFDL akin to that of SFA. For what it's worth, Wild One actually did get new signage to celebrate it's 100th anniversary, but I wouldn't expect anything for any of our other rides.

From what I was told, we're gonna be pretty high tier.

Yes, they’re going to put a park in BUFFALO NEW YORK over Los Angeles, New York, Boston, Chicago, St. Louis, San Antonio, Phoenix, Houston, Atlanta, Washington D.C. I don’t see why DL would be “high tier”

While I agree, SFDL, by sq ft, is now the largest park in the chain. Also, the only park with an on-site hotel and campground. They have a Live Nation, 24,000 capacity, amphitheater that regularly attracts some of the largest acts in music. If you’re taking population into account, remember that about 50% of attendees at SFDL come from the Toronto metro area...if you combine the Toronto, Rochester, and Buffalo metro areas you have the third highest regional population in North America.

My manager is the only person in the park who's ever brought up Ride of Steel's 20th, I'm still in training though.

I'm sure your manager love you posting things they say lol (they do know about and avidly check sites like this)

For them to at least give some celebration to such a revolutionary ride? I don't think so. Darien has been doing it for years, all the way back to RoS's 15th. So why stop now? It's the parks call not Six Flags.

If this kind of stuff bothers you this much then I’m super excited for the future of this park as a Six Flags Park and the years of entertainment that this thread will provide us.

I can only imagine.

I haven't been to the park this year, but if there's any chance of them renaming Ride of Steel back to Superman in the next few seasons (who knows) why would they bother updating a sign for a year or two?