TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Darien Lake (SFDL) Discussion Thread

I'm still shocked that SFA's coaster trains (at least the ones I've seen) haven't been decked out in ads yet...probably only a matter of time (or maybe it's happened and I wasn't there to see it).

Bad news about the future of 2-train ops on Viper:

I mean come on. This just looks trashy for the park. Even the GP are noticing the one car with the wrong color stripe. I heard GP commenting about it and questioning how well their maintenance is. This isn’t good.

Do you work at DL? If you dont, youre GP too.

Does anybody think that this is a concerning factor in the future of 2 train ops for Viper? I’m wondering if the blue stripe train has been salvaged for parts like train #1 was a few years back. This might mean it won’t run 2 trains into the future.

Also, can you put a wrap over an existing vinyl wrap? Because Viper’s green train design isn’t paint. It is actually a wrap, which looks awful lately as it has been peeling.

Edited by rjr19

If Six Flags wants to put a second train on Viper then they probably have tons of old busted Arrow trains and parts sitting around.

That said, if anyone wants to make a cash bet on this thing ever running two trains again I’ll happily take you up on it.

As for the wrap... you can apply anything to a coaster train no matter what’s there now. You just need a super strong adhesive that provides a screaming hold.

25E4F00B-E9AA-4D77-9C85-985FC4134267.jpeg.05f0601f6fd7ede66448f463fda2a5f8.jpeg

Coasterbill to this thread is like gasoline to fire and I love it! Regarding Viper, isn't Six Flags already managing the park? So wouldn't Six Flags have been the one to make that call to part out the other train?

Either that or it's been pulled off to be wrapped with right Twix....

It’s worth noting that before they made the switch that car specifically was having restraint issues. Sure it’s not the best solution but it’s better than them shutting down the ride to fix their one certified operable train. This really shouldn’t surprise anyone though. This has kind of been their way of doing things for quite some time now. Just look at how predator had an “A” train car on their “B” train for what I believe has been at least 2 years now

Any more speculation about the August 30th announcement?

You guys are totally getting a giga. Probably an I305 clone.

It's like you already knew.

People really aren't sincere enough about this thread. Although, I guess this is slightly understandable considering this thread's reputation for B:TE and 'Cuda Falls Rumors (as in people thinking they will return when they obviously won't).

Anyone have thoughts on how likely it is for Darien Lake to recieve a smaller cloned coaster in 2019? Does that seem unrealistic?

Though it isn’t something I’d be shocked with, it’s probably not very likely that Darien will get any Coaster next season - even if it is a clone that most Six Flags parks get. That being said if we were to look at the *possible* attractions based on things SF has done in the recent past, the 2019 addition will probably be one of the following attractions:

- S&S 4D Freespin

- Huss Giant Frisbee

- Starflyer

And if we wanna get fancy here (probably not)

- Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster

- Cyborg Ride

Regardless of if it’s something from those lists or not, it will be interesting to see what the new attraction is, and how the 2019 season will look for the park (basically, name change? And is the rumored removal of the go-karts actually happening, etc.)

I would love to see a Starflyer come to DL. It’s something totally different from their other attractions, and can give a unique view of the area while providing a thrilling ride.

As for 2019, I would love to see a name change to SFDL, two trains on most* coasters, Superman returning to RoS, a Starflyer, better preventative maintenance to improve on the large amounts of downtime on some of the rides, and just overall improvements to cleanliness etc., and, renovations of areas (like the Boardwalk or Rowdy’s Ridge).

As for 2019, I would love to see a name change to SFDL, two trains on most* coasters, Superman returning to RoS, a Starflyer, better preventative maintenance to improve on the large amounts of downtime on some of the rides, and just overall improvements to cleanliness etc., and, renovations of areas (like the Boardwalk or Rowdy’s Ridge).

How many times do you plan to repeat this? Good lord.

The. Name. Is. Changing. To. SFDL. Thats already been all but confirmed.

I would love to see a Starflyer come to DL. It’s something totally different from their other attractions, and can give a unique view of the area while providing a thrilling ride.

Why would they renovate the Boardwalk and Rowdy's Ridge? They are the newest areas and people love those areas. I believe Rowdy's Ridge even won an award. Don't change what doesn't need to be changed.

Though it isn’t something I’d be shocked with, it’s probably not very likely that Darien will get any Coaster next season - even if it is a clone that most Six Flags parks get. That being said if we were to look at the *possible* attractions based on things SF has done in the recent past, the 2019 addition will probably be one of the following attractions:

- S&S 4D Freespin

- Huss Giant Frisbee

- Starflyer

And if we wanna get fancy here (probably not)

- Harley Quinn Crazy Coaster

- Cyborg Ride

Regardless of if it’s something from those lists or not, it will be interesting to see what the new attraction is, and how the 2019 season will look for the park (basically, name change? And is the rumored removal of the go-karts actually happening, etc.)

I agree that it is most likely 99% that next years attraction is on that very short list. 2019 will no doubt be an interesting year for DL just to see how much SF does to "clean up" some of the messes that are around.

No sure the credibility
Reddit

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Hopefully I don't offend too much in saying this, but I agree. Reddit is about as good of a source as the Dippin Dots guy. Why bother with Reddit for that?

Anyways, how likely is it that Darien gets a flat ride like a zamperla discovery since they are probably already spending a decent amount in rebranding the park? That may cost them a bit so maybe Darien is really not getting anything such as a coaster.

BTW, it's probably not true (or at least there is a slim chance), but I'll post about it here anyways just so people are aware that this rumor is a thing. This blew up on multiple sites today for some odd reason. So, people are saying that the new ride will be called "Stampede" and will be a Skyline Attractions Skywarp Horizon model. It's probably just a random rumor though.

Edit : I guess people are saying this is actually for Frontier City. But it's still from multiple random sites soo.... take it with a grain of salt still

Edited by TheAmericanKnight