TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Loch Ness Monster Update Tour

The official video does shed a lot of light on the coaster, and I'd venture a guess that those detracting the drop section already are forgetting that when you're in the show building, under show lights, you probably won't be able to tell how fast or far you've actually fallen. The GP will call it a ten story plunge, when it could (for all intents and purposes) only be 10 actual feet.

The more they show of this, the more Cheetah Hunt seems lacking. Yes, I'm being over critically of BGT and I understand that a lot of other things went into BGT with Cheetah Hunt... or maybe I'm just jealous.

^I don't think BGT has anything to be ashamed of with Cheetah Hunt--it's a great ride that fits in perfectly with the park.

I just hope Verbolten does the same.

^I don't think BGT has anything to be ashamed of with Cheetah Hunt--it's a great ride that fits in perfectly with the park.

I just hope Verbolten does the same.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the coaster and the new "area" they've put in with it. Though apart from the cheetah statue and a bit of wall dressings here and there; the station and queue are very much from when the old hanging monorail was in there... Everything about this (Verbolten) ride just screams character and imagination... I'm just a sucker for rides that try and "do" something other than what they typically are. My favorite coaster is the Mummy here at USF despite its size and "limitations." It just provides a great experience with some neat effects and good coaster action. I could wait in a 3 hour line for TTD or Kingda Ka for 10 seconds of thrill, or ride The Mummy many times over in that time and thoroughly enjoy each of them...

I'm probably being presumptuous , but I'd venture to say that Verbolten will do the same and I'm jealous that it will be years before I get back up that way to experience it.

This looks amazing and this has got to be the most unique ride name I've ever heard...Verbolten, it just sounds so cool. What does it mean anyway? I want to say prohibited but not sure.

It's a play on words. Verboten means forbiden or prohibited. They added 'bolt' for the launch/speed factor.

I soooooooo want to watch that testing video but I also want to be surprised when I go ride it.

Same. I think I'm going to hold off on watching videos for new rides on my short-term agenda.

I remember at one point contemplating avoiding new ride reviews as well, but I gave up that idea pretty quickly. They're just too tempting! Plus, they seem to strike a good balance providing opinions and giving me a feel of how mine might match up, while still withholding most of the feeling of the actual experience.

I soooooooo want to watch that testing video but I also want to be surprised when I go ride it.

My thoughts exactly. The moment I realized I was looking at the inside of the show building I closed the video. Gotta keep it a surprise for... whenever I go to BGW next.

I cannot believe that Busch Gardens flat out copied the exact picture from that movie Premonition. It is the exact same picture

I noticed something cool. If you pause the testing video at about 20 seconds in, after the drop section falls and inspect the theming element directly in front of the train you may see a face that closely resembles what we're seeing on this shirt.

I hope they do something really cool with this, lighting, sound... perhaps some other effects (fog?) to really heighten that moment before the train drops out from under you.

The more they show of this, the more Cheetah Hunt seems lacking. Yes, I'm being over critically of BGT and I understand that a lot of other things went into BGT with Cheetah Hunt... or maybe I'm just jealous.

I couldn't disagree more. I don't have a single complaint about the whole ride/layout/theme/ect. of the whole Cheetah Hunt experience (besides the name) and feels like it fits into BGT perfectly. So far, I'd much rather have that up here in VA than Verbolten... but I'm hoping that the indoor portion will help change my mind. Be thankful for your great attraction down there!

I think each park got the ride that was appropriate for them--something to make them stand out a bit from their competitors.

We'll know soon enough how successful BGW will be with Verbolten.

Edited by cfc

I personally think I would like Verbolten more than Cheetah Hunt. The theming on Verbolten is probably going to be one of the best I have ever seen (Other than in a Disney park). And Cheetah Hunt is a little to extreme for a family coaster, while Verbolten is in the middle. Go Verbolten!

Stopped by the park on Friday for a few hours, took a lot of photos, will try and post a few soon.

Seeing Verbolten for the first time surpassed my expectation. The themeing around the site is exceptional! All of the photos do not do the ride any justice. It is a lot larger in person. And the intricate look of the ride makes me excited for whats inside of the show building.

I personally think I would like Verbolten more than Cheetah Hunt. The theming on Verbolten is probably going to be one of the best I have ever seen (Other than in a Disney park). And Cheetah Hunt is a little to extreme for a family coaster, while Verbolten is in the middle. Go Verbolten!

Cheetah Hunt is extreme for a family coaster? Can you please explain this to me? This must be a different ride than when I rode it because it honestly was one of the most boring things I have ever ridden. It is WAY family friendly and even kid friendly if the hight limit was different.

^ I haven't heard anything official on this but it does sound like a reasonable response... at least for opening weekend or the first few weeks. They will want to keep capacity high and be as efficient as possible to keep the lines manageable. It sucks for those of us who want to ride in the front but it works out better for everyone in the end... I'd rather take any seat than wait in a 5 hour queue.

Kings Dominion did the same thing when I305 opened to make the lines more manageable. I imagine BGW will do this with Verbolten for the first few weeks of operation (heck, this is standard at Disney).

We shall know for sure soon enough.