TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Storm Chaser looks pretty ridiculous.....in a very awesome sort of way!! I mean....it just looks like an feast!!

I really didn't think KK was in the cards this year, but I'm now seriously considering it (even if it's a solo trip), especially due to that INSANE deal for out-of-state visitors! Shoot, 30 bucks for TWO days is almost too great to pass up!

Let me know when you come down for that! I'm an hour away from KK.

I'm very excited to see how Storm Chaser turns out. If it is as big a hit as I am expecting it to be I give huge props to KK for going with "better" rather than "bigger". This will prove that a coaster doesn't need to be the biggest and baddest to be the best. Two small coasters that both could crack top 20 lists.

^Thanks for sharing. That lift hill seems really fast! It must be a launch like Lightning Rod after all. Kentucky Kingdom can get theirs to work... Dollywood is slacking!

Lightning Rod's launch does work.... now....

It's the manufacturer not the park that makes them work. Storm Chaser isn't launched and that's why it's open already.

Oh man, a weekday in May of last year? You could count on almost every ride being a walk-on! The park isn't publicly open on weekdays this May, but I'm still sure lines would be much shorter than they would be later in the summer.

Oh man, a weekday in May of last year? You could count on almost every ride being a walk-on! The park isn't publicly open on weekdays this May, but I'm still sure lines would be much shorter than they would be later in the summer.

Thanks! I'm a huge fan of Flash Pass/Fast Lane, and since this park doesn't offer that type of service, I just want to make sure what day might be best. This will be my first and ONLY VISIT this year. I'm hoping for less crowds, but everyone might think the same that day. LOL. As long as I get all the major coaster credits then I'm good.

When do schools usually get out for the summer in the Louisville area? I'm thinking Jun.3 might be a great time to visit if school is still in. I would hope. LOL.

Last day of classes is May 26 for Jefferson County Public Schools.

When do schools usually get out for the summer in the Louisville area? I'm thinking Jun.3 might be a great time to visit if school is still in. I would hope. LOL.

Dang. LOL. Oh well, I still haven't set my dates in stone yet. It will be that first weekend in June for sure. I'm just not sure which day.