TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^I am pretty sure that they will be repainting it... part of repainting process sometimes consist of blasting. This ride has been sitting for years and so before they apply a primer coat they have to sometimes blast it first. Also primer coats come in different colors too so who's to say the red isn't primer. I have faith that KK will be giving this ride the due diligence it deserves. My bet is that Vekoma is involved in this rehab and will be also supplying the new trains. Not sure how the Kumbak trains compare to the new Vekoma ones.

^Thanks.

I wonder if T3 will receive a new color scheme or just a re-paint.

It will receive new trains, and a new color scheme for 2015. ( From KK reply to someone's comment on their FB page.) now, if we could find out what color.

Red according to this.

http://www.wave3.com/clip/10625671/kentucky-kingdom-to-add-5-rides-in-2015

Solid red? That's boring. I hope that they actually repaint it instead of just taking the black off.

solid red is its original color if you didnt know. the red will pop!!!

^Thanks.

It will receive new trains, and a new color scheme for 2015. ( From KK reply to someone's comment on their FB page.) now, if we could find out what color.

Red according to this.

Solid red? That's boring. I hope that they actually repaint it instead of just taking the black off.

I know it is, and I know it will pop and be extremely noticeable on the skyline. I just wish it had different support colors or something.

^Thanks.

Red according to this.

I know it is, and I know it will pop and be extremely noticeable on the skyline. I just wish it had different support colors or something.

ok I see and I very much agree with having another color for the supports.

I wonder is Twisted Twins is still on schedule to open in 2016. Due to the fact that it no longer says it on the updated map and Ed Hart didn't mention it at the news conference as it states on most news articles talking about Twisted Twins.

Well based of the 2015 map url, the 2015 map was created in October 2013!

On that note, I would say the 2016 opening isn't on the map because they didn't know at the time....which is also probably why T3 is in its old colours!

I wonder is Twisted Twins is still on schedule to open in 2016. Due to the fact that it no longer says it on the updated map and Ed Hart didn't mention it at the news conference as it states on most news articles talking about Twisted Twins.

I suspect Twisted Twins might re-open in 2016, but not 2015. They are slowly refurbishing/re-opening rides over the course of several years. Generally that is a wise decision in business. Don't bite off more than you can chew.

I’m sure it will be open in 2016 remember how many times they updated the map this year. putting a 2016 on the twins isn’t a big deal.

^I am pretty sure that they will be repainting it... part of repainting process sometimes consist of blasting. This ride has been sitting for years and so before they apply a primer coat they have to sometimes blast it first. Also primer coats come in different colors too so who's to say the red isn't primer. I have faith that KK will be giving this ride the due diligence it deserves. My bet is that Vekoma is involved in this rehab and will be also supplying the new trains. Not sure how the Kumbak trains compare to the new Vekoma ones.

I have yet to see a pic of the Kumak trains on a SLC. I have only seen there trains on the corkscrew style coasters

I have yet to see a pic of the Kumak trains on a SLC. I have only seen there trains on the corkscrew style coasters

Arkham Asylum: Shock Therapy uses them.

^Still better than head-to-restraint banging. I'd much rather take that (or Vekoma's vests) than bring back the old trains. Besides, T3 never really gave headbanging as much as it did kinda jerk your whole body around anyways.

Wow, look at all of those trees they've added to the park map. The landscaping crew sure is planning ahead on keeping the park from looking like a concrete jungle in the upcoming years. I noticed last weekend that they've even started work under LR!

[attachment=0]IMG_6646(Edited)(800x).jpg[/attachment]

And I agree on the placement of rides. Skycatcher is reeeally singled-out among the other dry rides. Like, it's basically in the water park now, haha. But they gotta to make-do with whatever available plots of land they have. Plus, I'm sure the view at the top from where it'll be would be pretty nice.

Lighting Run looks almost inverted from this angle!

It practically is!

For someone my size and cannot ride Lighting Run, as long I can fit inside the seat and have the restraints lock me safely into place, then who cares what train they use?

As for the new additions Kentucky Kingdom will add for next season, I'll have to call that a healthy and much needed addition to the park.

Could new trains help it track better as well or is that more a function of the rails?

The new Vekoma trains have a new boogie which take a "tighter" grip of the rails, to improve the tracking.

I'm not sure how much it will improve though, because it depends on what condition the current track have, how "tight" they can make the new boogies. But the new SLCs have much traceability compared to the older ones.

I suppose that couldn't happen due to clearance issues)

I don't think I understand what you mean, what would be wrong with the clearance?