TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^Ah Gee Whiz, and all this time I thought they were saving the RMC treatment for Twisted Twins.

What, Rapids won't be ready by the time I get there? I guess that means more ROLLER SKATER ride time for me.

Holy DWD, that height looks way taller than I expected! I have three options concerning this slide: pray that it isn't open when I visit the park and just fake my frustration, just say I have a condition preventing me from riding that and stay on the ROLLER SKATER, or just ride the blasted thing and have the whole park hear me screaming like a banshee ( and that's before I get on). Methinks I might consider staying on the lazy river ride and humming Jimmy Buffet tunes.

Finally, I have a feeling that the only "Chang" we will have at Kentucky Kingdom is the result of buying a T-shirt for $14.99 with a twenty dollar bill on hand. Think about that one, then you can laugh, groan, or go .

ROLLER SKATER - TAKE A RIDE AROUND OUR RINK!!!

Thunder Run's RMC makeover

Kentucky Kingdom just spent all that money re-tracking Thunder Run and you're expecting them to call in Rocky Mountain Construction to redo the coaster again?

Thunder Run's RMC makeover

Kentucky Kingdom just spent all that money re-tracking Thunder Run and you're expecting them to call in Rocky Mountain Construction to redo the coaster again?

I think he was just saying they'd paint the rails a bright orange, but I may be wrong...

It was RMC who re-tracked the coaster.

Methinks I might consider staying on the lazy river ride and humming Jimmy Buffet tunes.

I can see myself doing the same, though after I've had my few tries on DWD.

1 more Week, I'll be in the Park checking it all out, can't wait to see the New Kingdom. I'll post a PTR when I get home that night, Looking Forward to Lighting Run, looks like it all will be Great.

1 more Week, I'll be in the Park checking it all out, can't wait to see the New Kingdom. I'll post a Photo TR when I get home that night, Looking Forward to Lighting Run, looks like it all will be Great.

If you are attending that ACE/Amazon preview, I wouldn't expect Lightning Run to be open. I don't believe it has even started testing yet.

1 more Week, I'll be in the Park checking it all out, can't wait to see the New Kingdom. I'll post a Photo TR when I get home that night, Looking Forward to Lighting Run, looks like it all will be Great.

If you are attending that ACE/Amazon preview, I wouldn't expect Lightning Run to be open. I don't believe it has even started testing yet.

Challenge accepted.

-Brian

Another comment that this page made was:

It's official: I deem Lightning Run awesome. There are a ton of surprises in it for a coaster of its size and it's relentless. Elements just keep flying at you. Airtime? Oh yes. I think we have seen the second coming of Chance Rides with this one. I hit the top of the lift to grab this shot for you guys. -Anne #irvineondreyengineering

Challenge accepted.

-Brian

Well if it's testing now, I'm guessing it will be open by then. Construction went by pretty fast!

I remember that wave pool having some very intense waves! It's all looking good.

I also found this section on their website: http://www.kentuckykingdom.com/park-info/gardens/

It's awesome to me that they're not just investing in new attractions. This seems to say that they are very committed to keeping the park clean an looking good. It used to have some very pretty areas of landscaping, contrasted with some very ugly ares. Hopefully they will get the area around Lightning Run looking good over the next season or two! I'm personally very turned off by parks with roller coasters on concrete pads.

Edited by kentuckycc