TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Look at the elements in the first half of the ride. It goes: inversion, hill, over-banked turn, twisty hill. Then the ride repeats that list in order, except the other way around. Twisty hill, over-banked turn, hill, inversion. This really brings the first half back to a full circle with the "symmetrical" list of elements. Then after that they throw you into a ton of awesome airtime hill as a good finale. So it really seems like they put a lot of time into making the element sequencing and pacing of the ride perfect!

Can anyone clarify where the path to the entrance of the coaster will be? I never was able to ride this coaster when it was a wooden roller coaster so I am not for sure how the queue is connected to the path of the park.

Can anyone clarify where the path to the entrance of the coaster will be? I never was able to ride this coaster when it was a wooden roller coaster so I am not for sure how the queue is connected to the path of the park.

The entrance will connect beyond where Mile High Falls is located. There is a "Midway" (using that term VERY lightly), back in that area by Mile High Falls' exit and Thunder Run's turnaround, where the entrance plaza will be.

I hope that someday they will add some more flat rides in that area, as well as the area inhabited by Top Fuel Dragsters, in order to fill some of the gaps between the major thrill rides. The walk between Thunder Run and the Rapids ride is so long with nothing to do; it could use some filling in.

The entrance will connect beyond where Mile High Falls is located. There is a "Midway" (using that term VERY lightly), back in that area by Mile High Falls' exit and Thunder Run's turnaround, where the entrance plaza will be.

I hope that someday they will add some more flat rides in that area, as well as the area inhabited by Top Fuel Dragsters, in order to fill some of the gaps between the major thrill rides. The walk between Thunder Run and the Rapids ride is so long with nothing to do; it could use some filling in.

I believe the walkway behind TR and where the dragsters where will be closed per the map.

I believe the walkway behind TR and where the dragsters where will be closed per the map.

Correct. However, the walkway from the entrance of TR to the entrance of Rapids is the one I was discussing above. I remember walking from TT to T2 via the path behind TR's turnaround... Man, that was a hike; not much to see on that route, either. The park's nemesis has always been it's layout (and the fair board, but let's not start that again) and I like that they are trying to create more plazas and open spaces to give you a sense of where you are. A quirky park, with a quirky layout, with some really fantastic coasters (and one bad one, looking at you T3...)

Correct. However, the walkway from the entrance of TR to the entrance of Rapids is the one I was discussing above. I remember walking from TT to T2 via the path behind TR's turnaround... Man, that was a hike; not much to see on that route, either. The park's nemesis has always been it's layout (and the fair board, but let's not start that again) and I like that they are trying to create more plazas and open spaces to give you a sense of where you are. A quirky park, with a quirky layout, with some really fantastic coasters (and one bad one, looking at you T3...)

definitely agree! That walk if very very sad.

I've not ridden The Great Nor'Easter for comparison, but T3 is an enjoyable ride. nothing great, but fun enough and worlds better than its former self. I admit my expectations were not very high but it was a pleasant surprise when It (finally) opened last year.

I agree T3, is more enjoyable than before. It's still a little on the rough side, but for being the 2nd one ever made, it's not the worst. I'm most looking forward to Storm Chaser. The first year I worked at Ky Kingdom, I worked " Twisted Sisters" it's in premiere year, so I'm looking forward to this. It looks great, and I can't wait to ride it April 23.

Oh...my...lanta...

This thing is going to be an absolute monster. And it's earlyish in testing?! The airtime and pacing looks a hundred times better than Twisted Colossus (the only RMC I've been able to ride) and at full speed you Kentucky people are in for something special.

All hail Alan Schilke.

aww man...... the Twisted Colossus crazies will be here shortly with 1000 reasons for your opinion being false

Oh...my...lanta...

This thing is going to be an absolute monster. And it's earlyish in testing?! The airtime and pacing looks a hundred times better than Twisted Colossus (the only RMC I've been able to ride) and at full speed you Kentucky people are in for something special.

All hail Alan Schilke.

the only thing that kills TC's pacing is the second lift. other wise, it doesn't seem much different. that being said, i'd probably want Storm Chaser to be near me than TC. hope to ride soon!

Oh...my...lanta...

All hail Alan Schilke.

aww man...... the Twisted Colossus crazies will be here shortly with 1000 reasons for your opinion being false

I don't know why. It's not like RMC has ever built anything less than a stellar ride anyway, and if they're getting better and better every year, of course both Storm Chaser and Joker should both be better than TC.

Keep em coming!

I don't know about getting better each year. A lot of people say Outlaw Run is their best, and it was their very first ground-up installation and only their second coaster overall. If I had time and money to get to Mexico....but Storm Chaser may well be the closest I ever get to riding Medusa.

The new POV video looks great. Very much looking forward to riding this in June!

^ Well to be fair I wouldn't compare Outlaw Run to something like Storm Chaser. I would compare it to Lightning Rod and Wildfire, both of which look even better.

But I guess the point is, the great thing about RMC creations is that each is awesome in it's own way. Even the weakest one is still better than most other coasters.

^ Yeah, I meant that only in the timeline of the company. I've only ridden the two existing ground-up coasters. I hear the conversions are a bit different. A ride doesn't have to the MOST XTREME to be very fun. I've been eyeing KK for the last couple of years, and now that everything's running and we have this beauty, it's time to check it out. They had me on "barrel roll drop."