TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Who says its not something crazy like a launch wingrider from b&m or a 4d from b&m.... Or maybe multi.lift.hills. Who knows 7 inversions was my guess and I say that makes one insanely jam packed ride if.you only have energy from a 125 foot hill.

Who says its not something crazy like a launch wingrider from b&m or a 4d from b&m.... Or maybe multi.lift.hills. Who knows 7 inversions was my guess and I say that makes one insanely jam packed ride if.you only have energy from a 125 foot hill.

I just don't think there's room for multiple lifts.

Hydra at Dorney Park manages 7 inversions with only a 105' drop. Even though one is a heartline roll right out of the station, there is still some momentum left at the end of the ride. I do agree SFGAm would be seeking a coaster with a high inversion count after losing Shockwave, though.

On a side note, my family passes the park every year on our way to the family lake house in Wisconsin. If this coaster turns out awesome, a stop next summer might be absolutely necessary!

Can't wait for the announcement!

Does anyone think they will retro-fit the old Iron Wolf station for use with the (assumed) Wing Rider? Are the track gauges anywhere close?

The Wing Riders going in the old SWF/GAR spot, not Iron Wolfs. Plus, with the trains span, and boarding from both sides, it'd just be easier, and probably cheaper to build a new station then to use IW's.

^^ There are multiple rows (as shown below). ZacSpins do NOT have multiple rows, and it'd be pretty impossible to do it unless there is some new layout/style of ZacSpin they are coming up with.

If you look at the angles of the upper right vs the lower left image they aren't from the same shot but are rather two separate shots.

Okay, so there might be a little disappointment for SFGAm fans... It will probably not be a B&M Wing Rider coming, as the third Wing Rider B&M was speaking of will be at Dollywood for 2012... Sorry guys, but there is B&M track showing up at Dollywood, and the park has already stated that it will be a "First in the U.S." I could be wrong of course, and SFGAm might get it, or they both might end up getting it... If Dollywood does get one, I will be riding it because it's only four hours away from SFOG!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, so there might be a little disappointment for SFGAm fans... It will probably not be a B&M Wing Rider coming, as the third Wing Rider B&M was speaking of will be at Dollywood for 2012... Sorry guys, but there is B&M track showing up at Dollywood, and the park has already stated that it will be a "First in the U.S." I could be wrong of course, and SFGAm might get it, or they both might end up getting it... If Dollywood does get one, I will be riding it because it's only four hours away from SFOG!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is, Dollywood is advertising it as the "First in the US" probably because they didn't know Six Flags Great America would be getting one. But even if they did know, I'm sure that won't stop Great America from also saying it their Wing Rider "Is the First in the US" because SFGAm is like that. Trust everyone, no one will be disappointed

Dollywood also is opening their ride in March.

Most PARKS aren't even open by March, let alone a super massive new headline coaster. Pretty bogus arguement there. Dollywood is opening their ride pretty early compared to the average park.

Have you even looked at the clues? At this point, we're more likely to get a wingrider than Dollywood based on the clues for both parks. I have no idea what Dollywood is getting after looking at those clues. Your first in the U.S. could just be some new element on the ride if we both get the wingrider.

To add to that, Six Flags Great America is allowed to use the "first in the US" tagline as long as their ride opens first. It doesn't matter when a ride is announced - whoever opens their ride to the public first gets the tagline.

The SFGAm puzzle looks like it reads "one of the" first, so I think there's much to discuss. The park hasn't made any claims to first in the U.S. It's still a wingrider and will be the first announced in North America Thursday.

It comes down to this... if both parks are getting Wingriders next year, Dollywood's will open first. Barring any major setbacks, the ride will open in March likely with the park.

With that being said, it will not really matter because both parks would have kick-ass rides and everyone wins!

Hey, I would love it if they both got wing riders, but we really need a tall coaster at SFOG... Not like a hyper, but like most parks have really tall stand-ups , but ours is small. not exactly talking about a stand up, but just anything over 150 ft... A wing rider is something we need...

Edited by coasterfreakcamman

Hey, I would love it if they both got wing riders, but we really need a tall coaster at SFOG... Not like a hyper, but like most parks have really tall stand-ups , but ours is small... A wing rider is something we need...

Trust me you don't want a tall standup. Your standup is just fine. Goliath is good too. You guys have what...4 Beemers? Be thankful for that, but if anything you guys need an Intamin Blitz.

What if , I know the chance of a Wing rider is high. But, spit balling , does anyone remember the new version of the S&S "free fly" with the new seats that was shown off at what was it Knotts a few years ago during a TPR event? the "X-fly" or what ever it was called?

http://themeparkreview.com/parks/pimages/Knotts_Berry_Farm/West_Coast_Bash_2010/wcb_kbf__91f.jpg

Hey, I would love it if they both got wing riders, but we really need a tall coaster at SFOG... Not like a hyper, but like most parks have really tall stand-ups , but ours is small. not exactly talking about a stand up, but just anything over 150 ft... A wing rider is something we need...

As I hate to go off-topic, but SFOG seems to have a near round collection of roller coasters. I wouldn't say you guys need something over 150 feet, but you guys do need something to replace the mediocre wooden coasters that you have. Your stand up is fine, and you guys have a nice collection of rides. Great America just needs something like a Wing-Rider due to the gap we had since our last major roller coaster (2003) .

As I hate to go off-topic, but SFOG seems to have a near round collection of roller coasters. I wouldn't say you guys need something over 150 feet, but you guys do need something to replace the mediocre wooden coasters that you have. Your stand up is fine, and you guys have a nice collection of rides. Great America just needs something like a Wing-Rider due to the gap we had since our last major roller coaster (2003) .

Why on earth are we talking about SFOG????

Back on topic please.

Adam (jedimaster1227) brought up a fantastic point in the Dollywood thread.

In my nerdy spiel, I forgot about another kind of coaster that straddles the track - the S&S Free Fly.

The variant pictured in this photo has a multi-car train and X-like seats. The chassis cover looks similar to what we can see of the new coaster's teaser.

Add that to the fact that we haven't seen any B&M track surface other than Dollywood's, and we could possibly be looking at this kind of ride.

Thoughts?

Adam (jedimaster1227) brought up a fantastic point in the Dollywood thread.

In my nerdy spiel, I forgot about another kind of coaster that straddles the track - the S&S Free Fly.

The variant pictured in this photo has a multi-car train and X-like seats. The chassis cover looks similar to what we can see of the new coaster's teaser.

Add that to the fact that we haven't seen any B&M track surface other than Dollywood's, and we could possibly be looking at this kind of ride.

Thoughts?

My point exactly, no one said it might not be a 4D/Wingrider, I just said maybe not B&M