TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ideas for a new IOA coaster?

I've heard no plans from Islands of Adventure to add any new coasters, but just imagine if they did. What would you like to see from them next?

Here's a couple of ideas I came up with:

IRON MAN: Imagine a B&M Flyer themed to this character. The movie was a big hit last year, and a sequel is already in the works, so this would be perfect timing. Yes, Paramount made the movie, but I think Universal could work something out with them.

VENOM: I think a black painted, tangled web of steel looping track, themed to Spiderman's most memorable nemesis would also be a good fit.

I'd like to hear any other ideas that others may have.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A Vekoma Motorbike launched coaster themed to Ghost Rider.

An Iron Man themed coaster, like you said, but since Sea World Orlando just got a flyer, perhaps a launched Intamin, but a more modern one that uses magnets, not hydraulics, similar to Maverick or iSpeed, or an Intamin Mega-Lite, but themed of course.

Perhaps a Wolverine or X-Men themed coaster/ride.

With Harry Potter and HRRR, though, who knows how long it will be before IOA gets another coaster.

I'm also surprised no park has used Transformers yet. Yes, that's Paramount, but still. It has the potential to bring in a lot of money.

Hmmm.. A Flying Coaster would be awesome if Manta didn't beat them to the punch!

I think either a mini hyper in Marvel.. (could be like the one in Tobu Zoo(?) that goes out over the lagoon a little bit.

Or something that winds around JP where Triceratops Encounter and back behind River Adventure..

It's not IOA but I'll always pray for the 88mph Back to the Future Rocket Coaster

I don't know what qualifies as "heavily themed," but they already have a pretty extensively themed water ride in Dudley Do-Right's Ripsaw Falls and the Jurassic Park River Adventure. What more could you want.

Awesome drawings (as usual) nonetheless!

IOA could use something in-between... they have B&M's, and a Rollerskater, but what about a Mine Train? I could kinda see that go in Jurassic Park, next to Ripsaw Falls. I don't know if that could be seen as the same thing as Mummy next door, but hey, it's a pretty big gap between the coasters.

Ok so we have enough B&M in the states, so I say we built a Wooden Coaster or an Intamin coaster! No launching either, since we got Hulk and the Mummy next door.

That said, I would love to see a Intamin custom made mega-lite in the area where the camp is closed off in Jurrasic Park. Fun, Fast, Airtime, and of course theme to some dinosaur. It has to have crazy new inversions, awesome airtime hills, etc. and It should not be too tall.

Or an Intamin Prefab wooden coaster! OMG! yes I would love that! This one has to be tall! lol

I love threads like these because I get to show off my cool artwork...

How about a low to the ground Intamin Mega-Lite?

A spinning coaster themed to a Dr. Seuss book?

A heavily themed water ride?

i mean seriously dude...none of those drawings really add to the thread at all, in my opinion.

But I have to chime in here and say wooden coaster for jurassic park also. Wasnt it a rumor going around about a wooden coaster called excavator or something? I think the park would have to be real clever with how they theme a wooden coaster so it doesnt look like a wooden coaster just ploped on a piece of land.

But to be honest I dont see the park really needing a coaster any time soon...

Agreed..If you have some sketches of stuff that would actually be relevant to IOA , by all means post them but I don't see the relevance of a cheddar beach giga coaster being posted for the 4th time on here.

A heavily themed water ride?

Like Jurassic Park....Or Popeyes...Or Dudley Do Rights Ripsaw Falls?

To me, IOA is a tough one, their coaster lineup is quite balanced as it is, and it's sort of tough to do something unique given what the competitors have...I think the look of a wooden coaster would be too 'amusement parky' for IOA, I do like the idea of a mega lite style coaster, since airtime is something lacking in the parks coasters...I'd be looking to do a new island perhaps, since the existing ones are quite 'complete' as it is.

The new Alton coaster could serve as inspiration, have an outdoor section with lots of hills, combined with an indoor section to establish the storyline.

See, I could see IOA easily getting an indoor & heavily themed ride, like The Mummy next door. I could see them doing Mummy/Spiderman mash up type thing. I don't think we'll ever see a hyper, stand-up, or a wooden coaster at IOA. Something more generic and compact would fit better.

I agree with Tyler, and could see a water coaster of some sort really easily. I think, in terms of major coasters, they've already been added. At this point, I see Universal getting the bigger coasters now.

I could also see a cute family coaster going into Seuss Landing. Something quirky and cute would be awesome. I'm thinking a Grinch theme.

in JP they should demolish the old Triceratops buildings and replace it with a ride /show like the old exterrorestrial alien encounter at disney. it could be themed like you were taking a tour of the JP Medical Center in the stye of seats from the movie however there is a power outage and a raptor breaks lose and starts hunting you inside the building( think drool and breath and when the maintainance guy goes to turn on the power he can get eaten. i know its not a rollercoaster but its still a neat ride experience.

Well, they have Marvel Superhero Island - so a "Wolverine" coaster would be good, maybe have it done by the time the 2nd movie comes out. Steel of course. Maybe like SROS up north - in a silver color scheme? Or they go crazy and build a mini-mountain to suggest the Canadian rockies as the theme of the ride.

It may be redundant now that Manta is open, but a B&M flyer for Jurrasic Park, "Terrordactyl!". Too bad Land of The Lost stunk, because that would have been a natural fit for that area. Maybe a attraction based on Ice Age 3?

I think IOA is in need of a new coaster....I really don't care what type or kind, just as long as it's big and good. B&M's are popular in Orlando now so maybe they should wait a few years if they want another B&M....or they should do an Intamin. In my opinion an Intamin Rocket like Storm Runner would be good themed to some super hero or something in Jurassic Park maybe.

But with the new HP land going in, IOA would probably stick it's newest coaster there. Were there rumors about a robotic arm coaster going in there? That'd be good, and attract a lot of people to the park.

Wait, what about a B&M dive machine?! That'd be so SICK! I love the whole 90degree 200ft. drop thing.....super fun. That'd get lots of attention if it's bigger and better then Griffon ( ) and SheiKra and offer more of a vary in the B&M's in Orlando.

With Manta just in they shouldn't do a flyer, even though one to Iron Man or another super hero would be pretty cool. Even some dinosaur at JP would be nice.

Wooden coaster at IOA? - Bad idea. I think mega rides and thrilling coasters are better. A wooden ride at Universal says "It was cheap so I bought it and put it here." A steel coaster says "Look, I'm big and expensive and better than wood!"

Steel would get more attention than wood would.

I'm stickin with a B&M of some sort (hoping for a diver!!!!! )

I think IOA is in need of a new coaster....I really don't care what type or kind, just as long as it's big and good. B&M's are popular in Orlando now so maybe they should wait a few years if they want another B&M....or they should do an Intamin. In my opinion an Intamin Rocket like Storm Runner would be good themed to some super hero or something in Jurassic Park maybe.

But with the new HP land going in, IOA would probably stick it's newest coaster there. Were there rumors about a robotic arm coaster going in there? That'd be good, and attract a lot of people to the park.

Wait, what about a B&M dive machine?! That'd be so SICK! I love the whole 90degree 200ft. drop thing.....super fun. That'd get lots of attention if it's bigger and better then Griffon ( ) and SheiKra and offer more of a vary in the B&M's in Orlando.

With Manta just in they shouldn't do a flyer, even though one to Iron Man or another super hero would be pretty cool. Even some dinosaur at JP would be nice.

Wooden coaster at IOA? - Bad idea. I think mega rides and thrilling coasters are better. A wooden ride at Universal says "It was cheap so I bought it and put it here." A steel coaster says "Look, I'm big and expensive and better than wood!"

Steel would get more attention than wood would.

I'm stickin with a B&M of some sort (hoping for a diver!!!!! )

I am sick now

the only thing that concerns me is where they would put it? Ya know, IOA is running out of space to expand for the last few years...

True, I say after the Harry Potter expansion, they should wait 3-4 years or more...and then build a coaster next to the unused space next to Jurassic Camp. That should live things up in that area.

I could definately see an Intiman pre fab woodie themed to a cartoon character in Toon Lagoon. If you watch El Toro enough, those long cars manuvering through those tight curves it looks extremely cartoonish IMO.

It could even tie in and maybe weave in and out of dudley do right's ripsaw falls. It could be called Wiplash Express, after Dudley's enemy Snidley Whiplash.

As we know pre fabs don't have to be insanely tall to give an awesome ride ( aka Balder ) It could be themed will cartoonish cliffs, mining buildings, TNT Shacks and other structures to dodge, jump and crash through during the course of the ride.

Just using the cable lift system gives the pre fabs awesome speed over their first drops and through the rest of the ride.

I could definately see an Intiman pre fab woodie themed to a cartoon character in Toon Lagoon. If you watch El Toro enough, those long cars manuvering through those tight curves it looks extremely cartoonish IMO.

It could even tie in and maybe weave in and out of dudley do right's ripsaw falls. It could be called Wiplash Express, after Dudley's enemy Snidley Whiplash.

As we know pre fabs don't have to be insanely tall to give an awesome ride ( aka Balder ) It could be themed will cartoonish cliffs, mining buildings, TNT Shacks and other structures to dodge, jump and crash through during the course of the ride.

Just using the cable lift system gives the pre fabs awesome speed over their first drops and through the rest of the ride.

Yes! That would be an awesome themed woodie!