TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Magnum’s new sign at Cedar Point!

That's another thing...I really didn't see what all the fuss about airtime was on coasters, until I finally rode the Phoenix last summer. Then I understood, immediately...

Come to think of it, maybe it's a good thing I haven't been back to CP in some time. All that time on coasters like Phoenix probably spoiled me for Magnum and MF now.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Diamondback spoiled Raging Bull for me. It did not feel or look as tall as it is not.

The sign looks great and is a nice touch for the 20th anniversary. However the fact that your average family fun center had a sign for their coaster and Magnum did not blows my mind.

Anyone notice the pic Rob posted is actually Chang at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom from the same trip. Only noticed cause I have been to Kentucky Kingdom. Obviously Rob knows this since the photo is called kentucky Kingdom.

On a side note, I 100% agree with Rob's comments on the ride.

Edit: Obviously Rob knows this since the photo is called kentucky Kingdom.

Sounds like you are obsessed with someone!

I think the main reason it gets so much love is because its the only coaster in the park with airtime! Personally the best coaster in the park is Raptor IMO.

You been on Maverick? With that 95 degree drop and the second hill that gives amazing air? CP has good airtime without Magnum.

I think the main reason it gets so much love is because its the only coaster in the park with airtime! Personally the best coaster in the park is Raptor IMO.

You been on Maverick? With that 95 degree drop and the second hill that gives amazing air? CP has good airtime without Magnum.

Yeah, the first drop is great...but it was the 2nd Stengel dive that got me. Best element on a coaster, IMO.

Blue Streak has the most airtime overall, though.

I heard from a source that there's a deal with Cedar Fair for three signs, so I'm calling Carowinds 2010 will get a new sign. Maybe the third one will go to Canada's Wonderland, or Kings Dominion. A giant sign where Hypersonic XLC once stood, maybe! You heard it here, first!

-James Dillaman

I heard from a source that there's a deal with Cedar Fair for three signs, so I'm calling Carowinds 2010 will get a new sign. Maybe the third one will go to Canada's Wonderland, or Kings Dominion. A giant sign where Hypersonic XLC once stood, maybe! You heard it here, first!

-James Dillaman

KD's Grizzly needs one to go with its awesome bear statue.

Yeah, the first drop is great...but it was the 2nd Stengel dive that got me. Best element on a coaster, IMO.

Blue Streak has the most airtime overall, though.

I was impressed with the airtime on Magnum, Maverick, and Gemini. Blue Streak = not so much.

I don't know, I still loved Magnum, and I really didn't like the park that much. I love airtime, and didn't think it was TOO rough. I was more impressed that an Arrow coaster was even capable of producing airtime....and then riding Gemeni later and finding there is another one!

Gemini is really the unsung hero of CP, the more I think about it. If it weren't for that coaster, there probably wouldn't have been a Magnum, MF, TTD, or Maverick. It's become even more of a gem hidden in a mountain of hype, IMO.

Gemini is really the unsung hero of CP, the more I think about it. If it weren't for that coaster, there probably wouldn't have been a Magnum, MF, TTD, or Maverick. It's become even more of a gem hidden in a mountain of hype, IMO.

And if weren't for Magnum, a lot of the coasters we love and know today would not exist.