TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Amusement Park Drive In!

Every once in a while I run across a little gem that is like a blast right back into the past...today I found something I must share with you all...

It is the "Amusement Park Drive-In!" Yes, that is correct. Located in Laurel, Montana!

Have a look:

http://www.amusementparkdriveinonline.com/

Here are some of the main features...

"Sugar Shack" concession stand

82' Screen that shows movies on BOTH SIDES!!!

Caboose that holds one projector.

The main entrance!

Rides!!!

MORE RIDES!!!

*BIG* RIDES!!!

And apparently in 2009 they are getting TWO new credits! (That's more than any Six Flags park!)

http://www.rcdb.com/pd1133.htm

But most importantly!

CLEAN Bathrooms! But not just clean bathrooms...

Clean bathrooms WITH SOAP!

And every Thursday a carload of TPR members can go for just $10!

So someone on TPR *must* go here and make a trip report! And be sure to include the rides, the caboose, the movies, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the clean bathrooms!

Seriously, this place actually looks totally awesome!

--Robb

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a cool little place, in Montana they would have to have spots for cowboys to park their horses. Does America still have lots of drive-ins? They have just about disappeared down here.

That mouse they are getting makes Quassy's mouse look safe by comparison.

I wonder which credit whores are looking this up on mapquest as I write this?

This is very cool.

Years and years ago, we had a drive-in in Burnaby (The Lougheed Drive-In Theater), that had a small collection of mainly children's rides down in front of the screen. And there was even a good old kiddie coaster there too - with the yellow and red-trimmed cars on it? Operated the same way as this one apparently does, with the rides only open before the movie, and at intermission too, heh heh.

Sadly, long gone and now there's a film studio right where the drive-in stood - it's the studio that produced the StarGate tv series? I forget it's name.

But again - this is cool that somebody is still doing something like this, after decades of decline for drive-ins, on their own, let alone with a small amusement park as part of it, lol.

Wonder where they're going to place the two credits on-site?

The only drive-in I know of around here is about two hours away, and I only remember because there was a news article many years ago about a tornado coming through when, I kid you not, the drive-in segment of Twister was showing.

Dan "This surround sound technology is AWESOME!" Smith

EDIT: Dammit, Snopes. Always gotta ruin my hopes and dreams.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/twister.asp

...But it DID blow through a drive-in scheduled to show Twister a couple of hours later!

What this place needs is the "Great Drive-In Movie Ride" in tirbute to such diverse talents as Roger Corman, Ed Wood, Bruce Campbell, and Frank Henenlotter. Your host: Joe Bob Briggs.

Yes, just imagine riding through such classic scenes as the death by lawnmower in Frankenhooker, the catfight from Swamp Diamonds, or any "clean the scum off the streets" scene from almost any Pam Grier flick.

Does America still have lots of drive-ins? They have just about disappeared down here.

I live in Rochester, NY, and there are actually two drive-ins within an hour of my house. (one in Avon and one in Perry) There aren't any rides, just movies, mini-golf, and food.

What this place needs is the "Great Drive-In Movie Ride" in tirbute to such diverse talents as Roger Corman, Ed Wood, Bruce Campbell, and Frank Henenlotter. Your host: Joe Bob Briggs.

Yes, just imagine riding through such classic scenes as the death by lawnmower in Frankenhooker, the catfight from Swamp Diamonds, or any "clean the scum off the streets" scene from almost any Pam Grier flick.

You forgot the greatness of Russ Meyer, Don Coscarelli, George Romero and Tom Savini

Does America still have lots of drive-ins? They have just about disappeared down here.

I live in Rochester, NY, and there are actually two drive-ins within an hour of my house. (one in Avon and one in Perry) There aren't any rides, just movies, mini-golf, and food.

Rochester, that's cool, I was there with TPR in Aug at Sea Breeze. Narcotics Anon were also there for a picnic day, so I hope the streets were safe.

We have 1 drive-in left in Sydney for people to continue the tradition of the rocking van up the back and the little bundle of joy 9 months later.

We've got something like this in Springfield, Illinois.

Knights Action Park

I remember as a kid that it started out as a water park with 3 slides and now it has a wave pool, lazy river, a Royal Flush, some kiddie rides, a ferris wheel, and they ended up buying the double drive in and got it running again. I think last year they were promoting that they added a paratrooper, but sadly they don't have any credits.

^^Not at all--each will have his place in the "Great Drive-In Movie Ride." Why, the Russ Meyer section alone will be of monumental proportions!

Would that be the Faster Pussycat Speedway? It would be setup like Autopia, but with cooler cars and chicks in tight outfits..