TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Hells Kitchen thread

the ghost

A thread about anything and everything involving hells kitchen. Am I the only one who finds this show crazy addictive? I love Gordon Ramsy, just due to his intensity and fury. I don't know my favorite person yet, but I know that the chick named Lacy should leave.

What do you guys think, or post your favorite Ramsy quotes.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love cooking shows, but I can't stand Gordon Ramsay f*cking swearing all the time. Even when it is bleeped out it's so f*cking annoying. Would he have been as famous if he didn't f*cking swear, I don't f*cking think so! Get your message across without f*cking swearing Gordon!

Give me Nigella Lawson any day, she doesn't need to swear to be a celebrity. Rrowrrr.

NigellaLawson_468x623.jpg.d89563ed2611eaf5973e43468c638c72.jpg

yummy

I love Hell's Kitchen. Gordon Ramsay is great and I love Kitchen Nightmares (Especially the British version on BBC America) as well. He is much nicer in the British show which leads me to believe his over the top behavior on Hell's Kitchen is a little over done for dramatic effect. Of course, Gordon Ramsay does love to curse no matter what. He is a brilliant chef though and that is why he is where he is.

I love and am so addicted to anything Gordan Ramsay!!!!

I've been watching Hell's Kitchen and his BBC Shows for some time now, I don't care that so much of it is obviously staged, it's entertaining!

Anyone who can get me into Dinner Service at Hell's Kitchen for a taping will get the best bag of TPR Crap EVER!!!!!

Some may think Ramsay as annoying for his attitude, but I actually like it. He's the kind who doesn't take crap from anyone, and he's not affraid to get into someone's face. He does have a softer side though, as seen in the last episode when that one girl dropped out.

My Thursday nights are complete once again now that HK has returned. I just love Gordon Ramsay and him yelling obscenities at those people. Donkeys and donuts!

Kitchen Nightmares (the US version - I've never seen the British one) is good, but it's so disgusting to see what some of those restaurants are like. And I actually had a terrible meal several years ago at one they had on there in NYC!

I know its not a taped dinner session, but for all that dont know, Chef Gordon Ramsey is the excecutive chef at The London hotel in Hollywood. I have a friend that works there and says that Mr Ramsey is the pain in the ass of a boss that you would expect him to be. But anyway, if you wanted to try his food, its available seven nights a week right here in So Cal.

Chris.

I love it!,

Great food and entertainment with some drama-I watch.

I've only seen 3 seasons of (the American) Hell's Kitchen, and some episodes of Kitchen nightmares, where he goes and help UK restaurants 'in need'. Also I saw the man live 20 feet away, here in Finland, a year ago when he was on a book release tour, he was nicer now, although he told the 'obese' interviewer to run more, lol and said "f**k-off" to a stupid question (it was by a Brit though).

I don't know if you've heard, not long ago people critisized him for going a bit OTT with the swearing, when he swore 243 times under one show .

CLICK ME

Hell´s Kitchen is a really amazing enter- (or edu-) tainment format.

Also it´s ashaming, when you can have a look in professional kitchens that look like never have seen a cleaning before or you see all this rotten food stuff they have in their fridges, you can even see how hard it is to work as a chef and to run a restaurant, to work at the hospitality at all!

About Gordon Ramsay himself, I can only say: CHAPEAU!!!

That man had a dream of being a professional football player, was very sucessful in the beginning but his football-career took a sudden end caused by a knee-injure.

Then he paid fullest attention to his culinary education, after being chef in several High Class restaurants, Ramsay opened his own restaurant in Chelsea, Gordon Ramsay at Royal Hospital Road in 1998. The restaurant gained its third Michelin star in 2001, making Ramsay the first Scot to achieve that feat.

Imagine that: Three Michelin Stars in only three years!!! AMAZING!!!!!

...and Gordon once said some true words in his Magazine "The F-word":

"It's enough to make anyone turn f...... vegetarian, for God's sake. And I've always sort of knocked vegetarians and vegans for missing out on the most amazing flavour you can get from meat."

I know its not a taped dinner session, but for all that dont know, Chef Gordon Ramsey is the excecutive chef at The London hotel in Hollywood. I have a friend that works there and says that Mr Ramsey is the pain in the a$$ of a boss that you would expect him to be. But anyway, if you wanted to try his food, its available seven nights a week right here in So Cal.

Chris.

Its also crazy expensive.

I bet your friend hates Ramsey. I was watching kitchen nightmares, and, there was a restaurant in New York that was failing. They went to the London(Chef Ramsey's restaurant ) and apparently the refrigerator and pantry are cleaned and restocked every day! That is so crazy, I wonder how much food they waste. Of course, I am sure the restaurant has been overbooked before, so they probably don't waste too much food.

Ramsey Rocks

^^ I kind of think that would take away a lot of the shows appeal.

I absolutely LOVE Hell's Kitchen. It's aggravating and entertaining all at once! I used to think reality TV was so lame...well, in a way, so is this show. But man, is it addictive! Although I do agree about how Gordon Ramsey curses way too much. That must be some kind of dinner--it looks like the kitchen is pretty well open to the rest of the restaurant--so I have to wonder, do the diners hear all this cursing too?

I'm with Elissa, I would love to go to a dinner service.

Doesn't it make you wonder about some of the people on the show. Do they really think by smoking and cussing all the time they will really be selected to be an excecutive chef earning hundreds of thousands of dollars. I think not. I'll bet they already know which 1 or 2 people they want and the show is nothing more then a long interview process to be sure they are right.

I like this season how he is really ripping into the woman who runs a culinary school.

Why does everybody thinks that real good and high class food in a restaurant is crazy expensive? you first have to take a look at the costs that are there to run a restaurant before complaining about the prices!

You cannot compare prices you pay for your groceries at the supermarket with prices you pay for the same stuff at a restaurant!

Example:

Before a Restaurant can serve a meal, it has to pay the rent for the real estate! then you have to pay the bills for: electricity, the waste disposal, the water, and so on and so on...

Then, every week, all your employes want their money!!! And not the employees salary wants to be paid, there is also the tax on it, the insurance, and so on, and so on...

You need Tableclothes, laundry-service for the tableclothes, fresh flowers on the tables, candles, straws for the drinks, and so on and so on, ....costs about cost.

If you run a good restaurant, you always need the freshest and best ground products you can get, and man, I can tell you, they are really expensive!!!

And last but not least, you want to earn money by yourself, and that´s not so much when you compare it how hard, how many hours and how many days you work for your business.

Believe me, I know what i tell you I run 2 restaurants by myself and the third is supposed to open this spring!

I bet your friend hates Ramsey.

...you can´t hate Ramsay, he´s a Icon, just see what he has reached! He came from nothing and is now one of the world bests chefs and he´s a awesome smart businessman, too.

I always end up watching this show every year but I prefer Top Chef over it. It's like the bottom chef on Top Chef could beat the winner of Hell's Kitchen.

I do understand that Hell's Kitchen is probably going for that and I am sure that the pressure he puts on them has a lot to do with their screw-ups. I find myself going to every episode hoping that they don't screw this service up. I think that has happened about three times in the show's history.

The show is also famous (or infamous) for finding the most mentally unstable people I have ever seen on TV! (i.e. the dude that kept crying and randomly passes out in season 1)

Why does everybody thinks that real good and high class food in a restaurant is crazy expensive? you first have to take a look at the costs that are there to run a restaurant before complaining about the prices!

You cannot compare prices you pay for your groceries at the supermarket with prices you pay for the same stuff at a restaurant!

Example:

Before a Restaurant can serve a meal, it has to pay the rent for the real estate! then you have to pay the bills for: electricity, the waste disposal, the water, and so on and so on...

Then, every week, all your employes want their money!!! And not the employees salary wants to be paid, there is also the tax on it, the insurance, and so on, and so on...

You need Tableclothes, laundry-service for the tableclothes, fresh flowers on the tables, candles, straws for the drinks, and so on and so on, ....costs about cost.

If you run a good restaurant, you always need the freshest and best ground products you can get, and man, I can tell you, they are really expensive!!!

And last but not least, you want to earn money by yourself, and that´s not so much when you compare it how hard, how many hours and how many days you work for your business.

Believe me, I know what i tell you I run 2 restaurants by myself and the third is supposed to open this spring!

I bet your friend hates Ramsey.

...you can´t hate Ramsay, he´s a Icon, just see what he has reached! He came from nothing and is now one of the world bests chefs and he´s a awesome smart businessman, too.

I agree with everything you say, and agree that food prices will and should be more than you pay for at a store. I am just saying that the food will be very expensive. It is a very high quality restaurant with some very high quality food, so I completely agree with you that the price is worth it.

Also, I don't mean for his ethics and perseverance, I have a lot of respect for Ramsey, and agree that he is an awesome smart business man. I just am not sure I would like his personality, I am sure he would be very intimidating to meet, just seeing how he is on TV.

Off topic for a second. How did you quote parts of what I was saying without quoting the whole thing?

Off topic for a second. How did you quote parts of what I was saying without quoting the whole thing?

First, you have to push alt+q , then fill in = plus " , after that the name of the person you want to quote, then " again, now you just have to copy in the quote!

I agree with everything you say, and agree that food prices will and should be more than you pay for at a store. I am just saying that the food will be very expensive. It is a very high quality restaurant with some very high quality food, so I completely agree with you that the price is worth it.

Also, I don't mean for his ethics and perseverance, I have a lot of respect for Ramsey, and agree that he is an awesome smart business man. I just am not sure I would like his personality, I am sure he would be very intimidating to meet, just seeing how he is on TV.

Please, don´t misunderstand me, i didn´t want to attack you personally,

but I can´t hear it anymore when people complain on the prices in a restaurant and about how much money someone must earn when he runs a business. I hope you don´t mind me because of what I wrote.

With best regards from cold Germany,

Gerd

I love the show and catch up on BBCA. It is very obvious that he cares for those he is trying to help and the language is no more than a boot cam attitude.

Just like the language ridden Bourdain, he has a very strong level of humanity. I ma not be fond of his "f-Word" show but it reminds me too much of the voted off the island reality plagued shows.