TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tele2 Insane, Intamin ZacSpin for Gröna Lund

Gröna Lund are set to do one of their biggest investments in their history.

They are building a 50m SEK (7m $) Intamin ZacSpin.

It will be 35 meters tall, run at 60 km/h speeds and pull around 3.5 g's. So it will be a lot larger then the other installations made of this type (Kirnu and Inferno).

To make room for this coaster in the park they have been forced to remove their Swinging Ship (it will be moved to another park that the chain owns).

Source: DN [swedish]

There are also hints about a planned expansion of the park...

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see that these zac-spins are starting to be successful, and hopefully some of the larger version that Intamin designed open up too.

I'm just amazed that Grona Lund only has to remove a swinging ship to make room since the park was already filled with rides. I don't know what the ride experience is like, but this looks like it will be a good addition to the park.

Wonder when some of these will make it over to the states...

With all due respect to these great-looking things, I hope they come after a Mega-lite or two...

These do look like a lot of fun, and a fairly intense ride, all while taking up a tiny footprint (like the impulses, but cooler).

Wonder when some of these will make it over to the states...

With all due respect to these great-looking things, I hope they come after a Mega-lite or two...

These do look like a lot of fun, and a fairly intense ride, all while taking up a tiny footprint (like the impulses, but cooler).

I'm with this guy. The Mega-lites look like a lot of fun.

I was lucky to ride Inferno in Spain earlier this year, and I have to tell you, it was one of the most fun rides I have ever been on, even beat Nemesis for Fun Factor!!!! Just a shame it was so short, good to see a larger installation will be happening, the feeling when you are facing away from the track and it is pulled from under you is one I will not forget in a hurry!!!!

Trust me, if you get to ride one of these, do it! Although you can only ride in pairs, due to balance issues, which was a pain as I was a single rider, I had to wait for others so I could ride.

^But aren't they the biggest parks in Sweden? I would think they compete for tourism.

Basically, Grona Lund is building a giant version Kirnu, which is almost like a direct attack against them.

They've basically decided to say:

"Hey! Our Intamin Zac Spin is bigger than theirs! Come visit us instead!"

Just my 2 cents.

Agh! I should have known that!

It's Grona Lund and Liseberg who compete. That's what I was thinking of.

Everyone forget what I said!

.......anyway, Insane looks fabulous! I look forward to riding a Zac Spin at some point in the future.