TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

He did the same thing for Powderkeg at SDC, even though PK only uses a small segment of the old Buzzsaw Falls coaster that existed before it...

Iron Rattler is definitely everything I expected it to be. We knew the drop was coming back and that the helix was more or less going away, and the rumors of the barrel roll were around for a little while, so nothing really caught me off guard here. I am pleased with what I see. I'm probably most intrigued with the crazy back-to-back overbanked hills. I'm not sure what that's going to feel like, but it should be interesting. It looks like one of them is almost like the 153 element on OR.

I think it'll be interesting comparing this ride with Outlaw Run. Right now I couldn't tell you which one will be "better", and it's likely opinions will vary anyway. I'm biased to OR so far, but I've though that layout over a lot more. What's happening after the tunnel on this one?

It would seem that you will pop up on a semi large hill out of the tunnel and then to the brake runs... the first of which appear to be on a slight incline. This should mean the ride never lets up and that the ride will end soon and push through more guest. Maybe not the best for us, but a good one for the GP... give them the Gusto and end the ride to move the line!

Ryan

What's happening after the tunnel on this one?

It's hard to tell. On the long promo video that's 1:11 long......if you pause and move slowly through the frames starting at 0:14 to 0:15 seconds when it says "A Terrifying Plunge", It looks like the same thing that's already there currently which is coming out of the tunnel, do the station fly by then circle around to the brake run.

As far as what others have posted about the video showing it headed out of the tunnel straight into the station???? I still don't see it, Unless I'm not looking at the right video.

Pretty good, I'd say.

Kinda makes me lose some respect for that site.

I'm right there with you. Since rcdb says so, now no one will be able to count it as a new credit. That loud noise you just heard is a wrench that was thrown into the plans of dozens of enthusiasts who meticulously planned every last detail of summer 2013 with the intention of making New Rattler their milestone coaster. Now, instead of Rattler being #500, it'll end up being a dragon coaster at some FEC, or even worse...Vekoma Boomerang. Sabotage.

You can see in these two photos it pops out of the tunnel into a declined brake run and turns into the station:

I see it now. I noticed on that second picture you posted and I was about to post the same picture....it just seemed a little too high to be coming out of the tunnel I figured it was going into the fly by helix before the brake run. I guess whatever it turns out to be, we'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for posting your pics Jake. They're a lot more clear than what I was able to come up with.

^^

That's really funny.

I'm not familiar with the quarry at Fiesta; is there a backside that the track will come out of? Then a banked turn up and over and into the downward brake-run? Is that whats happening here? How is it so high up?

Edited by brock_boehm

^^I could be wrong, but that's what it looks to me. I think I saw even another angle somewhere but I can't remember. Also, things can always change. This is just concept art, and I know they have gone through many layout changes as they have planned this through the years. You just never really know!

^^

Yup I agree. I keep seeing different things at different angles. I'm so freakin excited that this is actually happening but at the same time I'm afraid they're going to mess it up some how. My gosh it's going to be a long 8-9 months!!!! urgg!

Here's some updated info from the press release on mysa.com. We already knew this but just felt like posting it anyways.

ironrattlerstats.jpg.8593aa46eb615e2329beb309d9132a44.jpg

Edited by ArizonaGuy

Here a picture of the original Rattler layout. From this you can see that the Iron Rattler roughly follows the original layout. The only part from the video I can't figure out is what happens after the tunnel in the quarry. You can see how it originally goes into a big helix with a station flyby.

rattler.jpg.0d2de1a64b7ea44a48f29c1356031ce6.jpg

^^That's why I was thinking it would probably be the same ending or maybe just spiced up just a bit. I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.

I'm also assuming they're going to continue with 2 train operation instead of going back to 3 trains???

Not knowing much about the original and never ridden it, it was really hard to tell how this new ride compared. It kinda does follow it without the helix.

What I really wonder now, since I didn't follow the construction of Texas Giant, is do these things actually use anything from the original rides? Do they use the footers or any original support structure or are the more or less from scratch? I would think they would really benefit from replacing all the old beams n such which makes me wonder why these things are built in a similar route at all.

Edited by SLUSHIE

Not knowing much about the original and never ridden it it was really hard to tell how this new ride compared. It kinda does follow it without the helix.

What I really wonder now, since I didn't follow the construction of Texas Giant, is do these things actually use anything from the original rides? Do they use the footers or any original support structure or are the more or less from scratch? I would think they would really benefit from replacing all the old beams n such which makes me wonder why these things are built in a similar route at all.

They reuse a ton of the footers and existing structure!

Wow this looks like the best new coaster of 2013 so far Imo, it looks absolutely freakin amazing I can not wait to try this beast out!!! It looks exactly how I was imagining it would turn out... twisted airtime overbanked galore wish I could say the same for another coaster announced today in the same chain further west lol

Here a picture of the original Rattler layout. From this you can see that the Iron Rattler roughly follows the original layout. The only part from the video I can't figure out is what happens after the tunnel in the quarry. You can see how it originally goes into a big helix with a station flyby.

If you look at where the original comes out of the tunnel, it's not hard to mentally connect it to that track that goes back into the station without doing the helix first. From the videos, this is apparently how it's going to be.

To be honest, I'm a little sad SFFT released a full layout video. Probably the most exciting part of NTAG's reconstruction was seeing what would be preserved and what would be improved. I remember the first pic of the reprofiled drop and so many people getting excited for it, and then the same when SDC started on Outlaw Run and all the speculation over what the GICT was, and if it was really what it looked like it was. Oh well, awesome roller coaster looks awesome. I'll have to schedule another visit to my friend in Austin in a year or so

Wow this looks like the best new coaster of 2013 so far Imo,

Me too, knowing what they did with NTAG and Outlaw I knew that this would be special. Knowing that they could put some cool elements using the terrain and yeah that barrel roll over the cliff looks epic.

Edited by theonetheonlyJT

If you look at where the original comes out of the tunnel, it's not hard to mentally connect it to that track that goes back into the station without doing the helix first. From the videos, this is apparently how it's going to be.

By looking at the video nothing is really clear so to me it's really hard to say which way it's going to go. Yes it's easy to mentally connect it based on what you see...but we also can't see the full structure in around the station section. So it can go either way. If they've already got structure and track there and it just needs to be retracked, I don't see them taking away the single helix with the fly by on the way into the station.

I think if it had a helix before the brake-run they would've shown it in the POV. Just watched it again. God it looks so good!

Well they technically didn't show the final brake run in the POV either so it's just speculation that the final helix is not there. It could still be there next season, then again it may not be. As was discussed before it's just artist concept so it may not look EXACTLY as it does in the POV. We're just gonna have to see.