TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Can someone explain to me how purple fits in with the Superman theme? Blue and red actually fit the theme of the ride... If it fits a theme, who cares if it's red?

This makes me think of Mr. Freeze. Since when is ice dark blue and red? The original colors fit the ride. The new ones don't.

Medusa......there aren't any colors that fit a Medusa theme. They can paint it whatever they want and nobody will think twice.

Yeah, it is being painted purple. The latest word in the street is that it's not even going to be Superman anymore, it's going to be themed to Lex Luthor in some way.

Brilliant! Let's take a coaster that has a reputation and name recognition, even among the general public, as the #1 coaster in the world and rename it.

Renaming coasters is what you do to get rid of a bad reputation, not a good one!

EDIT: In other news, 50% of the Clawshun shares have been given away so far -- get yours before they run out!

Yeah, it is being painted purple. The latest word in the street is that it's not even going to be Superman anymore, it's going to be themed to Lex Luthor in some way.

Brilliant! Let's take a coaster that has a reputation and name recognition, even among the general public, as the #1 coaster in the world and rename it.

Renaming coasters is what you do to get rid of a bad reputation, not a good one!

EDIT: In other news, 50% of the Clawshun shares have been given away so far -- get yours before they run out!

That's what you do in RCT! If the rides aren't as popular as you'd like you just close it and delete a track piece than add it back. Also a name change can't hurt Anyway...I'm kind of liking the purple. It's a good color for a coaster.

Well I dont think it'll be rethemed, because like its been said before, why would they want to retheme one of the greatest steel coasters ever? And break the Superman chain in many Six Flags parks?

If it IS going to be renamed though, they'll probably go with another Superman villain besides Lex Luther. Honestly, who wants to ride Lex Luther: The Ride? Kind of lame name for a great ride.

However, something along Superman: Doomsday the Ride sounds much better for a Superman villain rename for the ride. I'm guessing the music and special effects will be exactly like X2's, or at least close since the idea was inspired by X2, so that makes the name further befit the ride.

But only Six Flags and time will tell.

There's no doubt this coaster needed to be painted, being my #1 steel this is definately a change...as long as the new trains don't have OTSR we're good. If it's just a new color and the same ride w/ a few fun effects I'm happy! Good job SFNE for paying attention to such a great ride.

Thanks for the picture. Very interesting. SFNE is my home park, while RoS is my personal #1. I like the color, though purple and blue doesn't really "pop" in my opinion.

Regarding the possible name change, only SF would do something that stupid. As mentioned by others, you rename things to minimize a bad reputation, not a good one ! No matter what they name the ride, once the GP sees it and rides it, the differences will be so minimal, people will continue to call it Superman or RoS like they have for the last 10 YEARS! Old habits are hard to break (imo). And finally, I will be bummed beyond belief if they add OTSR - it just won't be the same, and certainly NOT better.

My $.02.

If it IS going to be renamed though, they'll probably go with another Superman villain besides Lex Luther. Honestly, who wants to ride Lex Luther: The Ride? Kind of lame name for a great ride.

I'd give Six Flags more credit than that. They could mess around with the name more than that. They haven't used the "Name: The Ride" title since SFNO's B:TR in '05. They've moved on. Maybe Lex Luther: The Coaster.

The ride looks ugly now. They should of just gave in a fresh coat of red and blue. Same for Medusa over at SFGADv. Im not enjoying that blue paint so much either. Now Im glad that the odds of a coaster being "upgraded" at SFA are really slim. Whats next, a pink Wild One with fire and a soundtrack? lol