TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I have taken a couple rides in the back of Nitro just to see what it's like, but I much prefer the front. I prefer having airtime as I crest the hills.

But that yank over the drop tho...

July 3rd , 2015

I visited the park for the first time last night. We were running very late and got there around 4:30. I was almost going to buy a flash pass cause I just knew the park was going to be packed and I wasn't going to be able to ride all the standouts.

Once I saw that the regular flash pass wouldn't get you a ride on Wicked Cyclone and you have to wait in line, and do job-like training for the pass. I was like nope it's not happening.

I'm so glad I didn't buy it. The park was crowded in the walk-ways but the queue's were fairly short. The longest I waited all day was about an hour. The crews were doing a great job of keeping the lines going, much better than my recent trip to GADV.

Cyclone (1hr) - Amazing, my 3rd RMC. Compared to NTAG and IRAT, IRAT still reigns supreme. I just love the interaction with the quarry. WC and NTAG tie.

Bizzaro (1 hr due to breakdowns) - My First Intamin hyper and it was a great ride, I see why it won all the awards! The finale is pretty epic too. But just like in Intamin fashion, the ride was breaking down all night long. Sending empty trains one after the other. I just can't!

BTDK (20 mins) -Cutest lil floorless with a steep lift hill!. I enjoyed the ride but it was predictable. I do believe it's fits the park very well. I love how it interacts with the exit stair case, just like BTR.

Mind Eraser* (30mins)- WTF! My first VSLC. I was dreading this day would come. The ride was so intense, every maneuver I was trying to anticipate how to make it through without hurting myself. The drop into the second inversion is ridiculous and the in-line spirals are so rude. Came off the ride wondering wtf is Vekoma on.

Deja Vu / Goliah (1 Hr)-So I actually rode this ride in 2002 at SFMM, so it was fitting to meet it again. The longest line of the day but the crew was still knocking it out! Why is the ride so intimidating? When you feel that train rush above you, in the station and to the side of you and you get that giant gust of wind. It actually felt very dangerous.. The ride was more intense then I remember and I still dread that vertical drop, and were lucky enough to get backseat. again Vekoma wtf.

All in all, great first experience at the park, it wasn't a bad SixFlags at all, just wish the path ways were bigger but they only have so much land to work with. I like the setting of the park as well. I'm Glad I got to knock it off my to-do list.

Edited by snapfordakids

Hey all.... Visiting this park for first time on Sat, Aug 1, and had a couple questions on the flash passes...hoping you can help me out.

We are a family of four and love our coasters. Is a pass absolutely necessary or will we spend all our day in lines without some? How much are the passes? I see prices on the park website but it says 'for the first one'. Does that mean for our crew of four, they get cheaper the more we get? We're just passing through but planned to spend a full day. I just have a hard time dropping over $600 or so for a day at the park. Any info would be really appreciated!

Hey all.... Visiting this park for first time on Sat, Aug 1, and had a couple questions on the flash passes...hoping you can help me out.

We are a family of four and love our coasters. Is a pass absolutely necessary or will we spend all our day in lines without some? How much are the passes? I see prices on the park website but it says 'for the first one'. Does that mean for our crew of four, they get cheaper the more we get? We're just passing through but planned to spend a full day. I just have a hard time dropping over $600 or so for a day at the park. Any info would be really appreciated!

My family of four are going that day too! As far as Flash Pass goes, always see how the park shapes up when you arrive. It's a Saturday, so it will be busy, be prepared. Always arrive BEFORE opening. A platinum pass, which is needed to go on Wicked Cyclone, is going to set our parties back $90 each, $360 total! The price is just too expensive for many, so even if it's packed, you will walk on almost everything. If money is no object, your going to have a fantastic day. If it's too much, only thing you can do is visit on another day, even Sunday is better.

We are visiting from Canada, on a coaster trip. We have budgeted the FP if neccessary, because we may never return. If this was a park I frequent or my home park, I wouldn't splurge.

I'm finally going to the park tomorrow to ride WC. Is it still true that the blue train runs faster than the orange train? Also is the park still assigning seats?

As of 10 days ago the blue train was running much better. I've heard mixed things since then. And yes they still group. When I went and had platinum FP, they let me go front row each time. If you request a different row than front they will likely let you pick your seat.

Also, if you can hold out, I'd give WC a little time to warm up so you get the best 1st impression possible. Go for Bizarro first. Either go for front row or 2nd if you don't feel like waiting...I find it to be a more powerful and obviously smoother ride in the front.

Have fun!

I'm finally going to the park tomorrow to ride WC. Is it still true that the blue train runs faster than the orange train? Also is the park still assigning seats?

As of 10 days ago the blue train was running much better. I've heard mixed things since then. And yes they still group. When I went and had platinum FP, they let me go front row each time. If you request a different row than front they will likely let you pick your seat.

Also, if you can hold out, I'd give WC a little time to warm up so you get the best 1st impression possible. Go for Bizarro first. Either go for front row or 2nd if you don't feel like waiting...I find it to be a more powerful and obviously smoother ride in the front.

Have fun!

Awesome! Thanks man! I'm also hoping to get on Goliath for the first time too.

My family of four are going that day too! As far as Flash Pass goes, always see how the park shapes up when you arrive. It's a Saturday, so it will be busy, be prepared. Always arrive BEFORE opening. A platinum pass, which is needed to go on Wicked Cyclone, is going to set our parties back $90 each, $360 total! The price is just too expensive for many, so even if it's packed, you will walk on almost everything. If money is no object, your going to have a fantastic day. If it's too much, only thing you can do is visit on another day, even Sunday is better.

We are visiting from Canada, on a coaster trip. We have budgeted the FP if neccessary, because we may never return. If this was a park I frequent or my home park, I wouldn't splurge.

We are visiting from Canada as well....NB to be exact. I really wish Saturday wasn't our only option but we have to be in NYC Sun afternoon. Our drive down to Mass is on Fri so that only leaves us one option day to head to the park.

I guess we'll play it by ear once we arrive. I won't say that money is no object, but we could get the platinum passes if needed. It just seems like so much for one day.

You say you can't ride WC without a pass? Is that only due to the line ups?

Thanks for the info!

Lucky me. I just got to hear an RMC expert pontificate about RMC for 15 minutes while SFNE added a second train. I now know everything I need to know. BTW - this expert has ridden two RMC coasters, that's right two of them.

Lucky me. I just got to hear an RMC expert pontificate about RMC for 15 minutes while SFNE added a second train. I now know everything I need to know. BTW - this expert has ridden two RMC coasters, that's right two of them.

I don't know if I could resist just screaming in his face: