TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

The correct process is to get a parent swap card at guest services. Not sure about Kings Island specifically but they have a parent swap policy so I'd imagine they aren't supposed to let those under the height requirement through, regardless if they are riding or not.

I know they used to have the babysitting child jails on the ride platforms but they got rid of those a long time ago

^Yeah, but I'm the only parent going, so that is not an option. Hopefully, reasonable heads prevail, and they just let him go through with us, and then go through the train at the station. That happens all the time in the stations anyway, so it really shouldn't be a big deal whether he waits in line with us being under height. All that matters is that he not ride the coaster under height. (And again, none of that is touching the fact that 54" is a ridiculous height limit for that coaster anyway! )

I am not sure if the CF policy has changed in the last few years but my experience is that they forbid anyone not tall enough to ride from going in the line.

The reason is that a guest could simply lie and then when they get to the station the kid rides (station crew is often too busy to notice a child who is a little too short and do a second check).

You can still ask. But I recommend you expect to be told No.

Zero One just told you what the logic was. The responsibility of checking height lies with several people, but if there's a person in the greeter position, they're going to be more focused on doing that job compared to a platform op who has lots of things going on. It's designed to be a safety system of multiple checkpoints, so if the first person just skips their part, the system is weakened.

In my experience, the person at the platform is far more invested in checking the height than the the person at the front of the line. In fact, at Diamondback in particular, it's a pretty wide entry point, and the "checker" didn't seem hyper-vigilant. Besides... the lack of "logic" remains, when it's common practice for people who don't want to ride to "pass through" rides, including kids who never had the intention of riding in the first place. If it's a CF policy not to allow this, it's on them, and a reflection of poor policy - not the first time they've been guilty of such shortsightedness, to be sure...

^Yeah, but I'm the only parent going, so that is not an option. Hopefully, reasonable heads prevail, and they just let him go through with us, and then go through the train at the station. That happens all the time in the stations anyway, so it really shouldn't be a big deal whether he waits in line with us being under height. All that matters is that he not ride the coaster under height. (And again, none of that is touching the fact that 54" is a ridiculous height limit for that coaster anyway! )

As someone that has worked many coaster's over the past two years, and working the new one this year. If you just tell a ride op that the child is just walking through, it is fine. We have never been trained or told (at least I haven't in the three years I've been at the park) that if a child is to short that they cannot wait in the line with their parent.

As someone that has worked many coaster's over the past two years, and working the new one this year. If you just tell a ride op that the child is just walking through, it is fine. We have never been trained or told (at least I haven't in the three years I've been at the park) that if a child is to short that they cannot wait in the line with their parent.

See, this is what my thinking on it was! Thanks for confirming that, at least in your actual working experience, this is how it tends to work!

I believe the shed is just a POV video presentation of what an RMC'd Son of Beast would have looked like if CF hadn't jumped the gun on its demolition.

Sort of like a "we could have done this, but you just got to ride the consolation prize instead"

oh, to play "what if" for a lunch break........

It seems like they have been posting daily or at least regularly about it. They do more on snapchat than anything. But it doesn't seem like its any less than with Banshee.

Yeah, their twitter hasn't been very focused on the coaster lately, but places like Snapchat have been full of tiny previews of the ride.

Similarly, I'm also anxious for Thursday to roll around!