TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

While everyone's speculating about Future attractions and the themed rattle to Diamondack, lets take a look on the progress of Tropical Plunge shall we? 3 of the 6 slides are now complete and sun visors (roofs? idk what to call them) have now been placed. I imagine maybe this week or next week we can see the whole complex done. Nice to see some of the slide goes out over the road, or at least seems to.

IMG_2638.thumb.JPG.7fc3295469a5332ec859746a75a94b6d.JPG

thanks to a friend who sent this in to me!

So if the odds are in favor for KI to get a giga for next season, and what I heard is true about them getting a gate coaster, the blue is what I came up with. Not sure how it would work with the administration building, warehouse and maintenance buildings right there. Orange could be plan b. Yellow is the Plaza, red, brake run and lift, green is the station.

20160419_153958.thumb.png.65f741bda14eeb202be571b6ab180fee.png

Matt Ouimet has already said they are not getting a gate coaster. All of Cedar Fair's parks should not be the same, that would be boring. It would be great if they kept bringing back some of the stuff they took out, Winnie Witch's Cauldrons (to keep KI as the number 1 Kids Area), Les Taxi too!

Edited by KICoasterkev

Forget Winnie Witch's Cauldrons - bring back Der Spinnin Keggars to Oktoberfest - an area that really needs new life brought back to it.

My hope is that Kings Island gets the Kings Dominion treatment for its next big anniversary by bringing back some of the attractions that once called the park home. With CF going out getting rides in Europe I'm hoping that this will be the case.

Forget Winnie Witch's Cauldrons - bring back Der Spinnin Keggars to Oktoberfest - an area that really needs new life brought back to it.

My hope is that Kings Island gets the Kings Dominion treatment for its next big anniversary by bringing back some of the attractions that once called the park home. With CF going out getting rides in Europe I'm hoping that this will be the case.

Kings Dominion didn't get any past rides. Really the only addition in 2014 was the singing mushrooms. Everything else was food/landscaping/etc. And screwing around with Volcano's queue and station that made no difference at all.

That would be fun too, to bring back!

I would imagine as a first time rider things like "vibrations" go under the radar because you are so invested and green to the whole experience

I rode it for the first time back in 2011 and I couldn't believe how terrible it was. I'm not one to complain about painful rides, but I made the mistake of giving it another chance - actually, one more chance in the back car again and another in the front row - and actually walked off with a headache.

It gave me a headache too. I can't remember any other B&M rattling (including Fury and Intimidator). Or if they did, it was very minor. Maverick rattled like that in the back on my first and only ride opening year.

That would be fun too, to bring back!

Building a 'brand' at theme parks like these doesn't really do much for me. If I want that kind of experience I will go to Disney. If I go to a Cedar Fair or Six Flags park its for the rides not the food/atmosphere. No reason to latch on to nostalgia here...

I want more record breaking coasters to hit KI as fast as possible. With CP also being in Ohio I have such a hard time getting friends/family to come here as most would rather go up north where "the rides are better". I was a bit disappointed this year when the new attraction was a water ride. Although... KI does have one of the best water parks I've been to AND you can take a break and go ride some good coasters with the same ticket.

Why is Kings Island supposedly getting a giga? They are literally the last park besides Cedar Point that needs a coaster.

Because thats literally the last thing that crosses the executives' minds when they're planning these types of expansions. They have no goal of "keeping it fair" or "giving the smaller parks a turn." It's only return on investment and they could not care less about another park that "deserves a coaster" before Kings Island.